Sign in to follow this  
Fielder

Ground level fps with Asobo PG cities deactivated.

As a matter of interest, I carried out a quick test.

Same aircraft, same airports (default), and checked frame rates with PG On, and PG Off.

There was a significant increase in frame rate when PG was Off. (Didn't have to uninstall PG). By increase, I mean 15+ frames and increased smoothness.

Mainly, the PG set to Off increased frame rates in cities in the USA. Even a smaller airport like KSNA (default of course) - the frames went from 18 on the ground at the airport with PG On, to 39 with PG Off. 

In several European & Central/Southern American capitals, PG On did not kill frame rates and I didn't need to switch PG Off.

From what I ascertained, there is something unique in terms of USA PG.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

There seems to be some confusion in this thread over turning PG OFF universally versus deleting the optional world update PG cities. Obviously turning off PG entirely will yield higher frames. That's a given. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Farlis said:

Seriously, do you not know what World Updates consist of?

3 hours ago, Farlis said:

Then why didn't you stick with X-Plane if the entire Online Data Component is of no interest to you? 

Don't understand the need to be so judgemental and aggressive here.

I haven't seen jcomm comment negatively here about MSFS, nor compare it unfavourably to any other flight sim. If someone misunderstands the features of a flight sim, surely its better to gently educate rather than disparage their viewpoint.

Even if there isn't any misunderstanding, some acceptance that people do things differently should be acceptable. After all, how we run our sims is entirely down to personal preference.

• Like 12

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737MAX said:

Don't understand the need to be so judgemental and aggressive here.

It’s Farlis. Don’t expect any friendliness or politeness from his posts. 

Thanks to @Fielder for elaborating further on this. I’ve no idea how many users are affected by this, but it’s certainly disappointing that the issue was raised during beta testing as @pmb points out, and no fix has been issued.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, XCLTM3 said:

[...]

In several European & Central/Southern American capitals, PG On did not kill frame rates and I didn't need to switch PG Off.

From what I ascertained, there is something unique in terms of USA PG.

That seems to chime with what people have said on other threads. Deleting the World Update PG Cities files from Content Manager recovers FPS when flying in the U.S.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks to all the people who are contributing positively to this thread with all the help.

Just to make this clear... I always fly with photogrammetry off anyway, so do I need to delete the photogrammetry cities? Or would it help frame rates more, even though my photogrammetry is turned off in the sim?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I checked out this issue months ago and it makes no difference one way or the other for my setup.  I can delete the requisite files, or reinstall them, or turn PG outright off or on and I have no problems anywhere w/ performance.  But then again I'm real happy w/ rock-solid 30fps by Vsync in-sim.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Most of the time I am using it to play with the airliners, pretending I am a captain on the cockpit so, nota much time to glance the scenery details unless it's an airport I know from RL...

Since the Fenix and the PMDG 737 are out most of my flying is with airliners as well. But believe me, even at FL350 it makes a huge difference wheter one has turned on the aerial images of not. You don't have to actually guess what you are looking at when you are familiar with the area you are flying over. 

I see no reason to limit yourself, unless your internet connection isn't up for it.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Noel said:

I checked out this issue months ago

It only started with SU9... 4 weeks ago. (6 if you count beta)

Did this as soon as it was mentioned on the main forum, my main thread was getting absolutely hammered for no reason in places with SU9.  Deleted these files and 20fps gained, main thread back to normal(ish).

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Did this as soon as it was mentioned on the main forum, my main thread was getting absolutely hammered for no reason in places with SU9.  Deleted these files and 20fps gained, main thread back to normal(ish).

And even worse: Users not watching any forums (I guess the majority, notably new users), set their plane to KSFO or KJFK, observe the dragging and stuttering mess and throw MSFS away - while MSFS actually is able for high performance, it just has a temporary bug.

If I were Asobo/MS I would task a dozen of dedicated Asobo programmers to specifically repair this within a week and release a hotfix immediately.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 11

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I just wish there was a list of exactly what PG packages you can delete vs ones you cant.  There is talk of WU packages with their associated numbers, but the content manage does not list them that way.  For example; Game of the Year, yes or no??

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

5 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I just wish there was a list of exactly what PG packages you can delete vs ones you cant.  There is talk of WU packages with their associated numbers, but the content manage does not list them that way.  For example; Game of the Year, yes or no??

Search for “photogrammetry cities”, click list view then delete all of them. 

e0CFC5u.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

3 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Deleting the World Update PG Cities files from Content Manager recovers FPS when flying in the U.S.

So, if we don't fly in the US we have no benefit deleting them, correct?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

Then why didn't you stick with X-Plane if the entire Online Data Component is of no interest to you? 

you are unbelievable

AMD 7950X3D | 64 GB RAM | RTX 4090

B737 Pilot

15 minutes ago, Alvega said:

So, if we don't fly in the US we have no benefit deleting them, correct?

If you don’t have the performance reduction on the ground in Europe there’s no point in deleting the PG files. If you do, it might be worth the try.