Sign in to follow this  
JSkorna

WXEngine

Guest garyw2005

Hello,A few weeks ago, I installed Active X FSX and everything work ok for a few days.All of a sudden, the WXEngine bombs out with error messages to send to Microsoft. I took the program off my computer and re-installed it.Now it will not load at all without the error lockup.Anyone have any suffestions

Guest allcott

Slightly more worryingly, Active X was released only eight days ago, not weeks. Are you sure you're not imagining it? :)Allcott

Guest garyw2005

To be exact it was the 30th of May and not a few weeks. I apologisefor mis-printing but, it does not solve the problem. Here we go again, being beta-testers for these software companies.Gary

I had a similar problem in that ASX would work for a day or so, then after a while, it would start but I could never get to the menu interface unless I re-installed. Tech support said to run a spychecker and that it could possibly be a video issue. An update to ForceWare Release 90 Version: 94.24 (for my AGP 7800gs oc) did the trick. Maybe this won't work for you, but you could try it.Edit: Right, ok just went over the Hifi boards, and the problem is on their end. Apparently working on it. Strange, I have not had this particular problem yet, but I have not been flying as much as I'd like to be. :D

Hi Gary, All,We are sorry that those few stations just started sending out bad data in the last few days. If it had happened duing beta testing, even once, we would have looked into this.Even after 8 days we are working on our first Service Release to fix those things that have surfaced over the past days.Thanks,Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/banners/hifi-community-sigbanner.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/

Guest garyw2005

Hello Jim,When it works, it works GREAT. This morning I flew out of Oman where a Hurricane was located. I think it had been downgraded to a Cat 1 cause my max ground wind speed was 42 knots,, but it was a great experience. Take your time and get it fixed.Gary

Greetings Jim,Thanks for posting this. As a software business owner myself, I am elated that you follow the forums and respond as necessary. I know what an effort in can be along with the other duties you have.Although I have yet to experience any problems with ASX/XG, I am very pleased to hear that you are working on a upcoming service release.I was one of your first day customers, and am very happy with what I see so far. A job well done. Please pass this on to all involved with ASX/XG. Although post-release can be just as frantic as pre-release, make sure everybody goes out for a beer ;)With that said, I can say to all that currently have not purchased the latest from HiFi Simulations that this is a wonderful package and really raises the bar that will be hard to beat for future competitors. Not only is it a professional looking and technology advancing product, it comes from a professional service oriented company. (and no, I don't work or know anyone from HiFi)Keep up the good work!

-Todd

Guest garyw2005

Jim,If you need someones computer that is having problems with ASX I offer mine. Gary

Guest garyw2005

We tried ASX again this morning, it ran for about an hour and then bombed out again.Gary

Guest allcott

how about actually giving some useful information?Computer specs, drivers installed, what the error message says. That kind of thing. Allcott

Guest garyw2005

Hello,Intel Core 2 CPU 6700@2.66 Hz. 2.00 GB Memory. Radeon X1900 with 512k memory. Windows XP Home Version 2002 Service Pack 2. FSX Deluxe version SP1 installed.Is there anything I left out?Gary

>Hello,>>Intel Core 2 CPU 6700@2.66 Hz. 2.00 GB Memory. Radeon X1900>with 512k memory. Windows XP Home Version 2002 Service Pack 2.>FSX Deluxe version SP1 installed.>>Is there anything I left out?>>GaryThe error?

Guest garyw2005

You are right. Not only does ASX lock up but so does FSX. Here is that error.AppName: fsx.exe AppVer:10.0.61.355.0 AppStamp.4643ee0aModName.msvcr80.dll ModVer: 8.0.50727.163 ModStamp.44849dd9Fdebug. 00014950We'll have to wait for the ASX error message.Gary