Sign in to follow this  
StewCal

PMDG Throttle AXIS?

New to Axis and Ohs.  Trying to assign an axis to the PMDG 737 for MSFS2020.  My joystick axis works fine in AandO but in the PMDG737 theres a conflict with the reversers.  Is there a way to assign a throttle axis with no reverser zone like in FSUIPC?  If not is there another workaround?

I also have the MFD crosswing rudder pedals.  They show up fine in A and O but not translating to MSFS2020.  Any suggestions?  Haven't had too much time to fool around with it yet.

Thanks

Steve G.

Steve Giblin

Many planes in MSFS use axis Events instead of Variables, meaning the second selection box from the top on the axis assignment dialog in AAO. For convenience, the most common flight control axis events are grouped at the top of the selection list.

With the PMDG, I have only Aileron, Brake left, Brake right and Elevator as sim variables, all the rest are event axis. AXIS_FLAPS_SET, AXIS_RUDDER_SET, AXIS_SPOILER_SET, AXIS_TILLER_SET

For the throttles I use "THROTTLE1_AXIS_SET_EX1" and "THROTTLE2_AXIS_SET_EX1". For me they don't have any reverser action, I have that on a button (Saitek TQs). Not familiar with FSUIPC, sorry.
My rudder is on "AXIS_RUDDER_SET", I have Crosswinds too.

This is different in almost every plane in MSFS - and it has nothing whatsoever to do with what you can assign in the MSFS controller dialog. That is a completely separate thing.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Thank you so much for the reply!  Just purchased the program this morning and haven't had the time to do a deep dive.   I'll give your suggestion a try.  Looking forward to exploring more as time permits...

Steve

Steve Giblin

How do I map two PMDG throttles to one physical joystick lever ?  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

6 hours ago, joby33y said:

How do I map two PMDG throttles to one physical joystick lever ?  

Make two assignments to the same lever.

LORBY-SI

Thanks!  I admit - I should have tried that first before posting but didn’t think it would accept a 2nd binding.  Appreciate your help & your great addons.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating