Sign in to follow this  
McCrash

different eyepoint after sp1

Guest Rockcliffe

Since installing SP1 I've noticed that the eyepoint has been altered in my Carenado aircraft so that my head seems to be much higher in the vc. In the Mentor, my head seems to be bumped up against the roof of the canopy. In the C206, when I look left I see mostly roof and just a little bit of the window.Has anyone else noticed this? There were fine before the SP1.Is there a quick fix?BlairCYOW

>Since installing SP1 I've noticed that the eyepoint has been>altered in my Carenado aircraft so that my head seems to be>much higher in the vc. In the Mentor, my head seems to be>bumped up against the roof of the canopy. In the C206, when I>look left I see mostly roof and just a little bit of the>window.>Has anyone else noticed this? There were fine before the SP1.>Is there a quick fix?>Blair>CYOWThere are values you can change in the panel.cfg file to possibly alter your eyepoint and one value in the aircraft.cfg file.Or just re-install the aircraft. BUT re-installing might not fix your problem.I will load up my Carenados and check them out.

If something changed, the only thing I can think of is that there was a bug in how FSX was computing the eyepoint, which is specified in the individual aircraft.cfg file views section. You can edit the eyepoint as desired. Example from default C172eyepoint= -3.95, -0.85, 1.9reduce the 3rd value (1.9 measured in feet)You could also create a new camera view, based off the vc view defined in cameras.cfg (or copy and paste from a default aircraft.cfg BUT DON'T FORGET TO CREATE A UNIQUE GUID!!!)edit these lines:InitialXyz=0.5, 0.04, -0.1InitialPbh=0, 0, 0to suit. you can either save as a cockpit category (reach via A key from another cockpit) or assign to custom category (reach via S key).Or of course shift-enter / backspace in game to temporarily adjust.scott s..

Guest Rockcliffe

Thank you both. I'll give it a whirl.So has no one else noticed this?

>Thank you both. I'll give it a whirl.>So has no one else noticed this?Ive noticed it in some of my CLS addon aircraft.Havent checked the GA aircraft yet I bought.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

>Since installing SP1 I've noticed that the eyepoint has been>altered in my Carenado aircraft so that my head seems to be>much higher in the vc. In the Mentor, my head seems to be>bumped up against the roof of the canopy. In the C206, when I>look left I see mostly roof and just a little bit of the>window.>Has anyone else noticed this? There were fine before the SP1.>Is there a quick fix?>Blair>CYOWtry using these commandsthey are in the 'kneeboard_keys.htm' file under Views.I have these set up on my throttle control.Eyepoint (move back) CTRL+ENTEREyepoint (move down) SHIFT+BACKSPACEEyepoint (move forward) CTRL+BACKSPACEEyepoint (move left) CTRL+SHIFT+BACKSPACEEyepoint (move right) CTRL+SHIFT+ENTEREyepoint (move up) SHIFT+ENTEREyepoint (reset) CTRL+SPACE