Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Current tower view utility

Hi All,

I've been doing some clearing out from my  many FS9 versions and seem to have 'lost' the little utility?? or program I had embedded in one of my FS9 Versions, This little 'program'  followed your current aircraft around. Basically it flashed up the nearest tower area you were in and 'Tower view' was always the one nearest to your current position enroute.

I'm not even sure now where I got it from but, try as I might, I just cannot locate it among my many downloaded FS9 items. Nor unfortunately can I remember what it was called. I have tried searching our Library but so far without success and hence my plea here.

Any help or observations gratefully received.

Regards,

Blue

Hi Trioer,

How very kind of you to respond to my plea - Thank you. Moreover, this is exactly the little program I had lost! Thank you so much for your effort.

I shall now make a special effort to keep it safe AND send a note of appreciation to the auther whose name I had forgotten. What a great Forum we have here.

Kind Regards,

Blue

Well, that went well - I'm afraid I failed to find any contact details in the 'Autower240' program, license or Readme files.

Therefore, Christopher LANGGUTH, my thanks for this super little program that I'd used for sometime and immediately missed it when it failed to show up;-0 Great program and excellent description in the Readme that even I could understand (some) of. Again, sincere Thanks!

Regards,

Blue

9 hours ago, Bluescaster said:

Well, that went well - I'm afraid I failed to find any contact details in the 'Autower240' program, license or Readme files.

Therefore, Christopher LANGGUTH, my thanks for this super little program that I'd used for sometime and immediately missed it when it failed to show up;-0 Great program and excellent description in the Readme that even I could understand (some) of. Again, sincere Thanks!

Regards,

Blue

Autower is indeed a very useful utility, I've used it for very many years.

Contact details (if they're still valid) are in the very last two lines of the README, viz :-

Christoph Langguth <christoph@rosenkeller.org>
https://christoph.rosenkeller.org/fs/autower/

Hi Chris_eve,

Well spotted, I guess I just didn't scroll down far enough but unfortunately the Web site no longer functions and likewise I summize the email address that it's linked to.

My thanks just the same to you and to Christoph.

Kind Regards,

Blue

16 hours ago, Bluescaster said:

Hi Chris_eve,

Well spotted, I guess I just didn't scroll down far enough but unfortunately the Web site no longer functions …..

Blue

Works for me, using both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge!

Hello again Chris_eve,  Many thanks for your reply. Yesterday I got a 'Nothing here!' or similar flag from my Firefox browser and therefore assumed the site was defunct. Thanks to you, I tried again this morning and went straight to Christoph's site! I've left him a message of thanks.

Your reply is much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Blue