Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FSRealistic Pro is out!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're suggesting the program that moves the in-game camera is, instead, moving the 3d model, and can differentiate "cockpit" and "wing" in the 3d model, and is intentionally programmed just to move just the cockpit?

Can someone familiar with aircraft modelling tell me if it's even possible to dissect a 3d model in this way, with an external program, on the fly? Wouldn't this be an order of magnitude more complex and time consuming to program than just moving the in-game camera?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

4 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Lou...I understand what the effect is trying to do.  I understand that...but what I am saying that it (the present left, right view from the cabin) visual, does not impart that your body is moving...

Unfortunately I have to agree. Even looking out of the front it’s clear that the camera is shaking the plane but not the pilot. Pilot’s head is actually static.

I have to say this has been a disappointment and I’m kind of regretting picking this up now, especially at this price. I loved ezdok in FSX precisely for the headshake and FSRealistic is not the same effect, at least as far as I can gauge.

edit: I haven’t noticed cabin is independent of wings though.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Unfortunately I have to agree. Even looking out of the front it’s clear that the camera is shaking the plane but not the pilot. Pilot’s head is actually static.

I have to say this has been a disappointment and I’m kind of regretting picking this up now, especially at this price. I loved ezdok in FSX precisely for the headshake and FSRealistic is not the same effect, at least as far as I can gauge.

edit: I haven’t noticed cabin is independent of wings though.

I agree. And I'll dare say that it's too expensive for what you get.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're suggesting the program that moves the in-game camera is, instead, moving the 3d model, and can differentiate "cockpit" and "wing" in the 3d model, and is intentionally programmed just to move just the cockpit?

Can someone familiar with aircraft modelling tell me if it's even possible to dissect a 3d model in this way, with an external program, on the fly? Wouldn't this be an order of magnitude more complex and time consuming to program than just moving the in-game camera?

I think they have some wild imaginations. Every reviewer that has tried this new version has liked it. I flew two different aircraft, and didn't see any weirdness in the motion. Now I guess this thread will turn into a bashing  party for the app that will go on for days.🙄

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Every reviewer that has tried this new version has liked it.

Except reviewers aren't AVSIM critics!  LOL

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

25 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think they have some wild imaginations. Every reviewer that has tried this new version has liked it. I flew two different aircraft, and didn't see any weirdness in the motion. Now I guess this thread will turn into a bashing  party for the app that will go on for days.🙄

Bob, why are so so personally defensive of anything MSFS?!?!?    Bashing?   No...we are discussing a visual aspect of this program, where the cabin moves, (and in my case),  the engine nacelles outside of the cabin on the Baron 58,  are static, and the side cabin wall is slipping up and down in front of them.  Bashing?  No...we are not so MSFS defensive...to call discussion, as bashing the product.  If this thread irritates you...don't follow it...easy peasy.  

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

Does anyone mind taking a short video of the model shake and uploading it to youtube or something?

• Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the P3D ecosystem of buying multiple addons that cost 33-50% of sim price.  Woo hoo !  🙂

16 minutes ago, RobF2 said:

I'm really looking forward to getting back to the P3D ecosystem of buying multiple addons that cost 33-50% of sim price.  Woo hoo !  🙂

We are already there.  I paid $50 for MSFS and most of my purchased addons are about $25.

🤪

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071
  • Like 1

A Dodge??, there's the problem right there.  😄

LouP

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LouP said:

A Dodge??, there's the problem right there.  😄

LouP

That was funny!  Actually, I have had so much success with all their trucks and vans...and am on my 5th new Dodge Grand Caravan, to date.  I was sorry to see my version (last) E.O.L. as I like to trade in about every 3-4 years.  I think that I will be keeping my latest (2019) for at least ten years now...as I don't really like the latest version, and the prices are through the roof for my feature-laden version.  Happy to stay with the best vehicle I have ever owned...the Dodge Grand Caravan that gives me 28 mpg...rides wonderfully, and love the fact that with the seats down...I can still load up 4x8's...as well as any pick-up I have also owned...

Dodge Ses  (for sure!) 🙂

Edited by Sesquashtoo

14 hours ago, molleh said:

LouP is correct. your virtual 'head' is moving up and down with very slight movements, and because the cabin geometry is much closer to you than the wings, for example, it can give the illusion that one things is moving while the other isn't. look up 'parallax' for a scientific explanation (although if i were feeling snarky i'd say it should be common sense... 😉 )

it's funny, i remember having this argument with someone about EZdok way back in the day when that came out (a camera tool for FSX originally that had movement effects similar to FSRealistic.) they were absolutely insistent that somehow EZdok was moving the cockpit model but not the rest of the plane...

I agree. And I also remember these same discussions about Ezdok where people did not understand this concept.

Actually flying the default C172 through some turbulence and the movement of the cabin and the wings looks exactly like I expect it to do.

• Like 4

I'm enjoying the hell out of this add-on. Thank you!

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I don't think that any of us know for certain if this is a fundamental fault or not, and if it is the developers should correct it. In the meantime, the view of the wing to the left is a small part of of this addon. I have experimented with the settings. Generally I had every parameter set quite high, around 90%, because I wanted to experience the maximum affect. If have reset the parameters on the Carenado Mooney M20: I have kept most of the settings high, but reset the following parameters to reduced levels:

Airframe  wind  30, G Forces Vertical Movement 10, Turbulence Movement 15

These are the settings that I have tried. It keeps most of the desired affects that we want- cockpit/panel engine vibrations, ground roll rumble and vibration, bounce/shake on landing, etc - but minimizes the annoying exaggerated vertical movement of the left window view. If you do this, it will allow you to continue to enjoy this great addon while leaving time for the developers to address this issue.

• Like 3

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049