Sign in to follow this  
JETPETER2

FSRealistic Pro is out!!

...woke up to FSRealistic SPAM (unsolicited advertising) in my email folder, and I have to say, it was *exactly* like the real-thing; very bad form, very...

2 minutes ago, molleh said:

you may be thinking of someone else, i never mentioned the turbulence effect at all. i was only discussing the camera movement system in general.

Hmmmm....

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

Hmmmm....

i'm not sure what you're driving at here, but there is a specific effect in FSRealistic dealing with turbulence (i.e. the weather phenomenon, not the generic sense of the word):

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, molleh said:

i'm not sure what you're driving at here, but there is a specific effect in FSRealistic dealing with turbulence (i.e. the weather phenomenon, not the generic sense of the word):

spacer.png

The whole discussion was about this one effect. As you know full well. Anyway, it's been fixed.

Edited by jarmstro

2 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

The whole discussion was about this one effect. As you know full well.

excuse me, but no. half of the functionality of FSRealistic is camera movement (the other half is sound effects.) we were discussing the camera movement effect and whether or not the plugin was somehow magically animating the cockpit geometry separate from the external model geometry. if you thought i was referring specifically to the individually tweakable weather turbulence effect, you were mistaken.

Edited by molleh
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, molleh said:

excuse me, but no. half of the functionality of FSRealistic is camera movement (the other half is sound effects.) we were discussing the camera movement effect and whether or not the plugin was somehow magically animating the cockpit geometry separate from the external model geometry. if you thought i was referring specifically to the individually tweakable weather turbulence effect, you were mistaken.

So if it wasn't the Turbulence effect what other effect was your video meant to illustrate? The window movement (and other parts of the cockpit) which, was the issue, only happened with the Turbulence effect. That's what's been fixed.

Edited by jarmstro

Just now, jarmstro said:

So if it wasn't the Turbulence effect what other effect was your video meant to illustrate? The window movement which, was the issue, only happened with the Turbulence effect.

you are 100% incorrect here. every single camera movement that FSRealistic does - whether it's the speedbrake drag vibration, the touchdown head movement, the flaps stress, all of that is really the same discussion. every effect is a small head movement (through three axes - X, Y, Z.) i think you're mistakenly assuming that the "turbulence" effect is the only one that moves the camera, possibly because, IIRC, EZdok considered any camera shaking to be the "turbulence" effect (though it's been yeeeeears since i used EZdok, so i could be misremembering that.)

Just now, molleh said:

you are 100% incorrect here. every single camera movement that FSRealistic does - whether it's the speedbrake drag vibration, the touchdown head movement, the flaps stress, all of that is really the same discussion. every effect is a small head movement (through three axes - X, Y, Z.) i think you're mistakenly assuming that the "turbulence" effect is the only one that moves the camera, possibly because, IIRC, EZdok considered any camera shaking to be the "turbulence" effect (though it's been yeeeeears since i used EZdok, so i could be misremembering that.)

I was asking what your video was meant to illustrate? You know full well my friend, If you are in a hole then stop digging.😀 Can we now just enjoy the mod? 

Just now, jarmstro said:

I was asking what your video was meant to illustrate? You know full well my friend, If you are in a hole then stop digging.😀 Can we now just enjoy the mod? 

i sincerely have no clue at this point what you're trying to insinuate, and am honestly just confused. there was a long discussion about whether FSRealistic's camera movement effects were problematic because some people perceived them to be incorrect, as though the plugin was moving bits and pieces of the cockpit model but NOT the rest of the aircraft model suchs as the wings or engines. the video i posted specifically addresses this point.

if you still don't understand this, just move on. i literally have no other way of explaining this to you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, molleh said:

as though the plugin was moving bits and pieces of the cockpit model but NOT the rest of the aircraft model suchs as the wings or engines. the video i posted specifically addresses this point.

And that is precisely what has been fixed. Haven't you noticed?

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

And that is precisely what has been fixed. Haven't you noticed?

what? nothing was fixed because there was nothing to be fixed. what the actual **** are you going on about?

forget it, i'm not wasting my time with this anymore. carry on.

Edited by molleh
  • Like 3

Just in case I missed the announcement that FS(R) is now at version. v2.01 Pro.   Just downloaded and installed to my Desktop folder...so haven't run it yet.   Just an FYI. You should get an update and download pathway through your email account.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WestAir said:

Is this the same effect you are seeing in the sim? (Look at the window frame move but the wings stay still) If so, it's realistic.

Actually YES....and that is very much it....and in this video, I can clearly understand how the 'eye' of the camera...probably a cell phone,  can seem to 'jerk' interact with the window frame of his seating position. THANK YOU WestAir for posting this....OK...case dismissed....for that is what effect I have been seeing....so...no bug....case over....good to go!

Post Edit..."WestAir,  now that I see that there is a real world visual application to what I have been seeing and irritating me...and now there would be no longer that 'irritation' in play...my mind can relax back to 'as real as it gets', lol.   Again,  that's what I needed (real world) to see...and now can 'psyche' accept to enjoy the in-sim effect... (!!!!!!!!!)"

Cheers!

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Cheers!

Cheers to you! Glad that helped compare!

Also check out the update. Jarmstro said it made improvements to the visual illusion, so you might not even need to psyche yourself into a suspension of disbelief. 😀

• Like 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Just now, WestAir said:

Cheers to you! Glad that helped compare!

Also check out the update. Jarmstro said it made improvements to the visual illusion, so you might not even need to psyche yourself into a suspension of disbelief. 😀

Thank YOU , once, more!   What the doctor ordered, lol!  I just download installed and will run v2.01 to check it out.   THAT...was what I needed to see...for sure! 🙂   The screaming of the passengers on this flight...in-bound is handled really well by FS(R).   (!!!!!!!!!!)

• Like 1