Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Does anyone have a link to the WU announcement?

Does anyone have a link to the WU announcement?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

They're talking about Asobo now. No word yet on WU announcement.

• Like 1

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

I'm watching it too, in case you prefer twitch it can be streamed here: https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

Asobo has been mentioned only in the context of a sequel to "A Plague's Tale". It's a really good game, if you're into this type of stuff 😉

Edit: MS should use the visual damage model of Forza Motorsport in MSFS 😁  - but ok, I know this most likely doesn't work with the licensing they have with the aircraft manufacturers... 

Edited by pstrub

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

MS's longest running franchise!!! Now MSFS??

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

They just showed a trailer that contained a DC3 (?), A310-300, gliders, helicopters...

Edit: And a Halo Infinite add-on for MSFS available today 😂

Edited by pstrub

2 minutes ago, pstrub said:

They just showed a trailer that contained a DC3 (?), A300/310, gliders, helicopters...

and some Star Wars-like spaceship thing available today. But nothing about a World Update yet.

Well that was a pathetic let down...

• Like 1

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Just now, Hatch76 said:

Well that was a pathetic let down...

It's not over yet, we'll see...

7 minutes ago, pstrub said:

Asobo has been mentioned only in the context of a sequel to "A Plague's Tale". It's a really good game, if you're into this type of stuff 😉

Plague Tale was really good, I was hooked on the first one!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Bell jet ranger, spirit of st louis, wright flyer

40th anniversary edition November 2022

Edited by Simple B

At this point I'm almost convinced they're putting out that sci-fi stuff just to troll the Avsim "study-level serious simmer" crowd. 😅

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

Just now, pstrub said:

It's not over yet, we'll see...

Oh. Was that just like some sort of teaser thing or something? Are we expecting an actual presentation today? I've never watched one of these things before...

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

MJ in the Inibuilds discord server sent a winky face after people noticed the A310 in the video so I expect its's their plane they showed off a bit in the video. 

Edit: They've posted this: iniBuilds Development Update: Partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator - iniBuilds Announcements - iniBuilds Forum

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

The Halo Gunship is available now (hmm!).

Gliders, Helicopter and a A310(?) available in November.

No word about the World About.

But tomorrow is another longer microsoft show.

Edited by Merawen

Just now, Hatch76 said:

Oh. Was that just like some sort of teaser thing or something? Are we expecting an actual presentation today? I've never watched one of these things before...

We don't know, it's an Xbox event. And it's still running. They might have a promotional interview with Jörg at some point, at least that's what Jörg's comment in the last Q&A seemed like to me. Or it was just the trailer, who knows...