Sign in to follow this  
David Mills

Does anyone have a link to the WU announcement?

Well, someone said "helicopter", that's all I need to get excited (a wee bit). We can see how that goes.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

4 hours ago, The Moose said:

Indeed, and incredibly short sighted as usual in here. 

Do i like it? No, Will I download it? No.  Does it have any place in a flight sim?  Not really.    Could it tempt thousands of Halo fans to try the sim?  Absobloodylutely!   

Someone earlier called it a waste of recourses. If you bring in lots of new customers it's never a waste of resources.   . 

Lots of new customers who want to turn this sim into a Halo infinite FPS MmO?

No thanks!

Chris Camp

6 hours ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

Seriously, guys, even if you're serious simmers (TM) try out the Pelican from HALO. It's really fun to fly and has some impressive animations in the model (engine pods) when maneuvering. This is perfect for just exploring scenery, because it can stop on a dime in hover mode.

Hopefully Star Citizen can soon sell some of their ships in the Market Place!

Their Vanguard Hoplite would be a lot more fun to fly than a helo!

Chris Camp

2 hours ago, Mace said:

There are two De Havilland Canada Beavers shown flying around in the presentation.

I am actually most interested in the Beaver! Milviz did a great job on it in P3D so hopefully it will be similar for MSFS; I really liked that plane. Too bad the A310 is only in the passenger variant, are any airlines still flying it? I was hoping for the cargo version.

• Like 1

Dan Scott

41 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I am actually most interested in the Beaver! Milviz did a great job on it in P3D so hopefully it will be similar for MSFS; I really liked that plane. Too bad the A310 is only in the passenger variant, are any airlines still flying it? I was hoping for the cargo version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airbus_A310#Operators

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

8 hours ago, Farlis said:

Call me smallminded, but I just can't see winning over a significant number of people to flightsim like that.

You are into it because you like real world aircraft and always wondered how flying them works. THAT is what draws people.

People are getting into flight simulator for other reasons as well is my guess, so they are just going with the flow 🙂

Edited by icewater5

2 hours ago, Cognita said:

Too bad the A310 is only in the passenger variant, are any airlines still flying it? I was hoping for the cargo version.

Probably a shrewd choice by inibuilds. My guess is that they will be selling it very soon after the release of the free update.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, icewater5 said:

People are getting into flight simulator for other reasons as well is my guess, so they are just going with the flow 🙂

I wasn't interested in flight sim before the MSFS announcement videos. Mostly a story based gamer with a little love for rally games.

I liked what I saw, day 1 purchaser, now I am about 4 grand in with new PC and peripherals and probably about 500 quid of addons, with a new love and respect for all things aviation.

Who knows what piques others interests...

Edited by Simple B
For Scotcheggs language lesson :)
  • Like 13

3 minutes ago, Simple B said:

Who knows what peeks others interests...

*piques

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

4 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

I want this Halo Pelican in the Reno Air races.

Fun!

Road Hog!! 

spacer.png

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

10 hours ago, Farlis said:

You are into it because you like real world aircraft and always wondered how flying them works. THAT is what draws people.

You might be, and it may well be what drew you into it. But that's totally subjective. My subjective view is different (and irrelevant)

As for the announcement - it sounds pretty good to me. And as for this "halo" thing, I don't have the slightest idea what it is but as a person who has both the PMDG DC6 and a flying doughnut in his hangar I'll probably try it at least once!

What I'd really like to see is . . . Pigs In Space! (check out the Muppets if you never saw it <grin>)

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

5 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

as for this "halo" thing, I don't have the slightest idea what it is

OK, so just looked at the end of the video in another thread. I'd assumed they'd finished after the helicopter bit and the first credits when I saw the first extract so missed that. Actually looks like fun and will give the doughnut a run for its money on my system at least.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.