Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Trailer

Can't wait for the reaction when I ask for Landing "Clearance" in my new HALO Bird on Vatsim!

• Like 3

Chris Camp

5 hours ago, The Moose said:

Happy to see the Helicopters, but slightly worried about who they partnered with to make them..  Anyone know?

Ya that's not clear yet... but I assume whatever core improvements they've been making in the sim since SU8 for rotary wings and helis would be taken advantage of by existing 3PDs who already put out helicopter products for MSFS? Once the full set of core capabilities for helicopters land in the November release I mean. Given early access to builds, they might even have updated versions of their birds ready in time for the November release.

At least for gliders I know MS/Asbo are partnering with the Swiss company FlightSim Studio AG, and perhaps others too.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I'm looking forward to someone making a nice model of the Razor Crest.

14 hours ago, scotchegg said:

Ho ho ho, just saw that part. If this is just a small sampling, what on earth else is in there?!

The article also said there would be new handcrafted airports. No examples though.

1 hour ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Which one of these will get you flagged first on the official forum?

First marketed towards the former, they are now the acceptably mocked minority of MSFS. Notice how even the community managers are now freely stating what the goal is, new users.

True colours shining brightly.

Every developers goal is new users. You’re seeing negatives where there are none.

More Users = More Money = more development.

They're bringing in a Study Level aircraft for free in a November. How is that ignoring the simmers?

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, SubtotalGuide said:

First marketed towards the former, they are now the acceptably mocked minority of MSFS. Notice how even the community managers are now freely stating what the goal is, new users

So the goal should be to NOT have new users? Of course the goal is to have new users. What a weird statement.

• Like 6

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

I’ve worked in software development for over 25 years now and I can unequivocally say that both a) and b) are hard truths regardless of what the software product or codebase is. If only if it was as easy as throwing more devs at a problem or switching them around to work on any part of the product at any time :)

25 years? Impressive, thank you for informing us. Some great insight into what the devs must be facing. I for one now fully understand the challenges they must face. Not easy being an indie dev these days trying to keep the lights on. Well, I'm off flying the Pelican. Clouds look right out of a sci-fi movie, beautiful! Controls seems unresponsive while looking around but I'm sure that is on me. Haven't updated my BIOS in ages! And why is the ship bobbing up and down so much, don't like it. Hope they fix that soon. Whoa, game just exited thinking about playing Halo! Must be that Blackshirt AI reading my mind! Great stuff!

1 minute ago, SubtotalGuide said:

25 years? Impressive, thank you for informing us. Some great insight into what the devs must be facing. I for one now fully understand the challenges they must face. Not easy being an indie dev these days trying to keep the lights on. Well, I'm off flying the Pelican. Clouds look right out of a sci-fi movie, beautiful! Controls seems unresponsive while looking around but I'm sure that is on me. Haven't updated my BIOS in ages! And why is the ship bobbing up and down so much, don't like it. Hope they fix that soon. Whoa, game just exited thinking about playing Halo! Must be that Blackshirt AI reading my mind! Great stuff!

<Yawn> ... carry on, and try not to let the Pelican irk you that much since it obviously seems to be having a comically personal impact on you.

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS

Hm so interesting, the Pelican's chin gun is modelled, it's just hidden by the model's .xml file

Comment out this section and..

JRrEKd1.png

yTyfI7n.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

<Yawn> ... carry on, and try not to let the Pelican irk you that much since it obviously seems to be having a comically personal impact on you.

Yeah that guy is definitely just trying to waste people's time.

On a side note, if a company is going to throw more bodies at a software project, it would be far more cost effective to have those people be trained to bring more CONTENT to it.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Was poking around helisimmer.com and thinking that since Milviz announced their Huey coming for MSFS (https://www.helisimmer.com/news/milviz-announced-huey-msfs) they are likely not the ones doing the Bell 407 and Guimbal helis for the 40th anniv edition? Which then means it might be the Beaver that they do, but looks like we have no confirmation yet... @Milviz are you able to make any comment? 🙂

Seeing this https://www.helisimmer.com/news/most-exciting-feature-msfs-helicopters need to go back to look at what Asobo presented around CFD and flight dynamics for helis, looks substantial.

Edited by lwt1971

Len

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Was poking around helisimmer.com and thinking that since Milviz announced their Huey coming for MSFS (https://www.helisimmer.com/news/milviz-announced-huey-msfs) they are likely not the ones doing the Bell 407 and Guimbal helis for the 40th anniv edition? Which then means it might be the Beaver that they do, but looks like we have no confirmation yet... @Milviz are you able to make any comment? 🙂

Milvis have confirmed the Beaver is theirs and that hey haven't done the Heli.

The Halo Pelican actually is real fun. 🙂

I love the landing camera and the interior of the aircraft. You can click on the numpads near the doors.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Milvis have confirmed the Beaver is theirs and that hey haven't done the Heli.

We have done no such thing as it pertains to the Beaver

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 minute ago, Milviz said:

We have done no such thing as it pertains to the Beaver

I must have misread/misunderstood something at the official forum then...   it was the middle of the night 😄

My apologies folks and @Milvis