Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Trailer

2 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Please explain why cloud heights are not coming from meteoblue data no longer? Why is Asobo reinventing the wheel here so to speak?

It's a shame the way this sim is being trashed. This is what they spend resources on. And don't tell me they have different teams, Seb is prob the only one working on core sim features. The rest is making Jorg happy with new content.

Yea so trash, we get study lever airliner for free, what is this madness....

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Simple B said:

Is it not already in the marketplace?

There is already a third party paid product, but everything in the 40th anniversary video is supposed to be free.  Maybe it is a mistake.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, leprechaunlive said:

I know only about the Ryan that got burned. All others are actually product already announced, but now released under MS's umbrella.

The DC3 in the video is not the AH one.

27 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Wrong, Aeroplane Heaven themselves confirmed it's their handywork, check their Facebook page.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

im fairly sure it is tho. And they are listed as partners.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

hmm maybe, the post I thought was from AH saying not theirs, was actually from Milviz.

So the Beaver isnt Milviz?

Folks, don't overthink, the official announcement article on the FS website quotes Milviz and Aeroplane Heaven, as well as Ini and Bluemesh.

• Like 1

I don't see anything from them on their Facebook, and their forums don't seem to have had any sort of activity going on within them. I know that the A310, DC-3, and Spirit of St. Louis's developers have all came forward, and I know several months back Microsoft confirmed they had hired a third party (can't remember them off the top of my head) to do the gliders, so I'd assume the two gliders are their work. So Milviz are either working on Helicopters or the DHC-2, and I feel the latter's far more likely of the two.

Edited by Jnin

5 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

And don't tell me they have different teams

If you don't want to hear the truth then stop wasting our bandwidth

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

"many older hardcore realism simmers had a stroke when Pelikan jumpscared them at the end of the showcase."

"many young casual gamers had a tantrum when Seb announced gusts will be back in SUX."

Which one of these will get you flagged first on the official forum?

First marketed towards the former, they are now the acceptably mocked minority of MSFS. Notice how even the community managers are now freely stating what the goal is, new users.

SeedyL3205

Our hope is that fans of the Halo series who otherwise were not interested in Microsoft Flight Simulator will see the Pelican in the trailer and decide to give MSFS a shot, especially if they’re already an Xbox Game Pass subscriber so there’s no additional cost to them.

True colours shining brightly.

Edited by SubtotalGuide

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

hmm maybe, the post I thought was from AH saying not theirs, was actually from Milviz.

Aeroplane Heaven posted on Facebook confirming the partnership and the DC3:

https://www.facebook.com/Aeroplaneheaven/posts/pfbid022n4Dj2o72uZzqUAqs26DPQVeNGPyan9PoZbaWN1gFFNFYanurpyaEFPBAMhZw56wl

4TafF6y.png

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

5 hours ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Please explain why cloud heights are not coming from meteoblue data no longer? Why is Asobo reinventing the wheel here so to speak?

It's a shame the way this sim is being trashed. This is what they spend resources on. And don't tell me they have different teams, Seb is prob the only one working on core sim features. The rest is making Jorg happy with new content.

Who said anything definitive about data not coming from Meteoblue any longer?? How does one conclude that they are "reinventing the wheel" here? Might be wise to actually see what this change entails in the SU10 beta before making wild assumptions.

As for the "way this sim is being trashed", all I can say is LOL, perhaps you should stop using it then. And another LOL at the "Seb is prob the only one working on core sim features" comment.

I'm going to copy/paste what I wrote elsewhere, at least for the good of others, take it FWIW:

Given the deep pockets of MS, I really don’t think that contracting out to some other 3rd party to develop the Pelican impacted them being able to fix other parts of the core sim or purchase the help of yet some other 3rd parties.

And for those who seem to be gnashing their teeth about bringing in new audiences or that “arcade” features are going to taint the legacy and/or their experience in MSFS, well that’s too bad since MS/Asobo can do as they please, and a great many of us long time flight simmers *do* want the sim to expand to new user bases, for the longer/greater good of the MSFS franchise and its longevity, financial health, etc.

Let alone business related moves to bring in new audiences and similar stuff, there’s the matter of how real world software development works which a lot seem to be not clued into when complaining about why MS/Asobo are doing X when they could be doing Y.

a) Firstly it’s *not* the case that throwing more bodies at solving particular issues or enhancing particular areas in a codebase means that thing gets done faster/better. The experts and subject matter experts (SMEs) could just be 1 or 2 or 3 devs working on a particular area or functionality(ies), and they are usually best left to do so themselves rather than throwing 1 or 2 or 3 or more devs along with them.

b) Secondly, not all developers have the same set of skills and are easily switched around to work on anything in something as vast as the MSFS codebase. Also, some devs will have accumulated a lot of experience/expertise in a particular area of the software product and codebase and therefore it is in the company’s best interest that they keep working on that.

I’ve worked in software development for over 25 years now and I can unequivocally say that both a) and b) are hard truths regardless of what the software product or codebase is. If only if it was as easy as throwing more devs at a problem or switching them around to work on any part of the product at any time :)

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 10

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

19 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Right. Anyone got a link to the QRH? 

I’m looking forward to flying my D77-TC Pelican on VATSIM.

”Echo 419 request descent FL320, hey buddy - think very carefully before you say no, aircraft type is SPARTAN-II Dropship.”

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."