Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Inibuilds A310 to be released on November 2022 for free!

5 hours ago, 737_800 said:

The only bad thing about this is that there are almost none A310-300 left in the real world that could be simulated in the sim 😞

I continue to not understand this line of reasoning... so what? Why do we only want to simulate the flights that are happening in the current day? Why not give ourselves options to simulate them all? The more the merrier. If you want some sort of structure and the ability to find real world flights, that's why I made FS Dispatch. I'm putting the finishing touches on a big database update with lots of early 2000's and late 1990's schedules with plenty of A310 options from around the world. If you don't want to use that, there are tons of old timetables available on the internet in which you can look up flights to do.

But please, I always get so disappointed when I see others write off very well done add-ons just because they are uneconomical and not used in the present day. It's not as if we pay for the virtual Jet-A and maintenance checks, right. Try something new (well, old), and have fun.

Edited by CIKSSFMO
  • Like 19
  • Upvote 2

Wow I did not see this coming, along with the other slew of aircraft announced that will also be in the 40th anniversary update, wow!

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

4 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

I agree. Microsoft solved the problem of Flight Simulator  that caused them to stop development in the past. 1) In sim marketplace let's them monetize addons sold by third parties which contributed to continued development and maintenance. 2) Leveraging the talent of third parties (ORBX, Gayasim, iniBuilds etc) to add value/marketing to the base product 3. Showcasing their core technologies such as Azure AI that will reap commercial sales for the Azure platform. 4) Xbox and its game pass makes for wider market reach, especially the in game store. 

To add to the list of 3rd party talent they partnered up with or folded into the MSFS team there's also Working Title (avionics, etc), the Swiss company FlightSim Studio AG for gliders, PMDG, and some others.

4 hours ago, FrankSalo said:

As for the commercial training aspect, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Microsoft and Lockheed Martin are behind closed doors negotiating on LM integrating code to create products for commercial applications as per their previous agreement with ESP. Either way, what a time to be alive. 

Yup agreed... I have also been wondering about this and if MS/Asobo ever consider taking MSFS into the commercial realm it will likely be with another partnership, and why not LM again given their history with ESP/FSX.

And indeed what a time for flight simming and computer simulations/entertainment in general!

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I don't know much about the A310 but I am highly interested, such a good looking classic airliner. I was looking on FlightRadar24 and there was only 1 currently flying in the entire world.

Edited by reignman40

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

6 hours ago, espent said:

Their overlord has told them to have no other God than Austin, so none of them have dared take a peak.

When the God speaks they all kneel and believe, even when the real truth is right before their very eyes!

A310 for free? Sweet... It's not exactly the same plane, but my first widebody (and international) flight was in an A300. Also, my first cockpit picture ever was in the same plane (thanks to the AA crew for this). Close enough, I guess...

Now I need to wait for some Aerolíneas Argentinas liveries...

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

24 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I don't know much about the A310 but I am highly interested, such a good looking classic airliner. I was looking on FlightRadar24 and there was only 1 currently flying in the entire world.

From what I remember there's about 11 or 12 still doing passenger flights, I would assume the freighter variant would be a little more.

4 hours ago, leprechaunlive said:

Also, RIP Xplane...

Hi.  Since you are a 3rd party developer, you may be in contact or conversation with other 3rd party developers.  Are there other 3rd party developers that made add-ons for X-Plane in the past that think like you do? (there is no need to mention specific names as they probably want to keep this under wraps, but I just want to know the general overall atmosphere and thinking of other 3rd party devs that were once tied to X-Plane)

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I'm still curious if Asobo has plans to fix the memory leak that's plaguing long haul flights. Anything >8 hours results in a CTD for me and it's infuriating. With the A310 coming in November, I wonder if they'll have it fixed.

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

I assume Jorg is the primary reason on Microsoft’s side when Microsoft negotiated this partnership with iniBuilds, and likely paid iniBuilds to make the A310 free on MSFS.

i wonder if Jorg and Microsoft saw a jump in MSFS purchases and increased spending in the MSFS marketplace (from the new MSFS purchases) in the last 1.5 months with the release of the study level airliners in MSFS over the last 1.5 months.

This move to pay a developer like iniBuilds for their A310 (assuming their A310 will be a study level airliner too) makes a lot of sense if Jorg/Microsoft saw a jump in MSFS purchases and increased marketplace spending, from the introduction of the study level airliners in MSFS,

This is anecdotal, but a lot of streamers on Twitch that I see who normally only stream XP, switched to streaming MSFS in the last 1.5 months. At the same time, the Reddit forum r/flightsim, which used to have much more XP posts, is now dominated by MSFS posts and this happened in the last 1.5 months too (with a lot of former XP users in those threads saying they switched to MSFS).

Of course, my observations are anecdotal and I don’t have hard data like the Navigraph survey results, but I suspect Jorg/Microsoft seeing a jump in MSFS sales and increased spending in the MSFS marketplace in the last 1.5 months from the release of the study level airliners in MSFS, may be related to Jorg/Microsoft’s move to pay iniBuilds for their A310 and ensure iniBuild’s future plane projects are exclusive to MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Was all good...until I read we have to wait until November for this one😫

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

12 hours ago, ryanbatc said:
12 hours ago, Aristoteles said:

Clipboard01.jpg

...ummm, ...wow.

Seems like a good strategy by MS to bring some users to MSFS 🙂

For that price you get the sim and the aircraft in MSFS Land! 🙂

Edited by mrueedi
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Where was it confirmed about the free DC-3 and Beaver?

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2022/06/12/microsoft-flight-simulator-celebrates-franchises-40th-anniversary/

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models