Sign in to follow this  
ark4diusz

Inibuilds A310 to be released on November 2022 for free!

I think this will be a nice addition to the hangar and certainly no complaints from me at the price.

Now all we need is a DC10 and Tristar!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

You have to have millions of views on Youtube to make any significant amount of money. 

Capt Canada went full time streamer when he had like 300 viewers on his live streams.

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

You need a lot of viewers to make ad revenue from YouTube.  You do not need a lot of viewers to make money directly from said viewers through paid subscriptions and donations.

• Like 1

Ryan

28 minutes ago, rka said:

Capt Canada went full time streamer when he had like 300 viewers on his live streams.

there's a longtime Capt Canada viewer/fan who provides practically a fulltime salary in piecemeal donations during his livestreams, it's actually pretty crazy, lol. guy drops hundreds of dollars at a time.

OK folks, the topic of this thread is the A310 in MSFS, not the economics of YouTube streaming.  Back to topic, please.

• Like 6

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

6 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

OK folks, the topic of this thread is the A310 in MSFS, not the economics of YouTube streaming.  Back to topic, please.

my bad! back on topic...

it's really cool that the ini A310 is coming as a totally free update. it does strike me as an interesting business move (for both MS and ini) since it's a fairly 'oddball' airliner (retro, not particularly famous or well-liked, not particularly beautiful, etc) and if it's at least on the level of complexity of the XP11 version, seems a bit much for Joe Sixpack Xbox user to get to grips with, lol.

i doubt i'll fly it much, but i'm eagerly awaiting the freighter version as well as the A300.

Does anyone have an iniBuilds aircraft? They tend to go above and beyond right? Like modeling the windshield wiper flying off if used above operation speed, or static electricity buildup on the windscreen during certain conditions?

If that's who I'm thinking of, then man... I can't imagine getting such an airframe for free.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

3 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Does anyone have an iniBuilds aircraft? They tend to go above and beyond right? Like modeling the windshield wiper flying off if used above operation speed, or static electricity buildup on the windscreen during certain conditions?

If that's who I'm thinking of, then man... I can't imagine getting such an airframe for free.

i'm not aware of any addon with those features. they certainly aren't in the A300 for xp11, although i find it to be a very high quality product overall. it's on par with most of the 'top-tier' add ons out there IMHO. i have no doubt they'll have upped their game for the MSFS versions.

27 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Now first the disclaimer: I don't have anything from Inibuilds. From what I've heard they have some very detailed parts in their aircraft modelling (study level), like those you mentioned, but others are rather underdeveloped and/or buggy for quite some time. They are not a huge team, so I guess things go a bit slower and less perfect therefore.
I know many people say it's the best they've ever flown, but I think many of those only fly/flew on XPL, so cannot really compare to PMDG or FSL. I'd like to hear from someone who extensively flown PMDG, FSL and Inibuilds.
As I said I'm purely guessing and do not want to do injustice to Inibuilds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

FWIW, and keeping in mind of course the visuals/3d-modelling are very different and they're also re-writing some parts + new EFB for MSFS, some reviews of the iniBuilds A310 for XP11 from September 2021:

https://fsnews.eu/review-inibuilds-a310-on-the-line-for-x-plane-11/

flightdeck2sim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hF3b143lJWc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdt6lLMXk6I

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

2 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I would find that astonishing. Low cost airlines still have to pay decent salaries otherwise pilots will look elsewhere.

You'll find that airlines, low cost airlines specifically, get away with all kinds of things, not just low salary. It's not that easy to just go and look elsewhere, especially for a cadet. I've known people that ventured into the airline industry and can tell you plenty about inhumane conditions and the troubles of staying afloat and I almost became one of them. Most LCC are far from being the rosy airline workplace of the last century, if not to say notorious for poor conditions. Sorry for the O/T.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

9 minutes ago, threegreen said:

You'll find that airlines, low cost airlines specifically, get away with all kinds of things, not just low salary. It's not that easy to just go and look elsewhere, especially for a cadet. I've known people that ventured into the airline industry and can tell you plenty about inhumane conditions and the troubles of staying afloat and I almost became one of them. Most LCC are far from being the rosy airline workplace of the last century, if not to say notorious for poor conditions. Sorry for the O/T.

Sounds like we'll have to schedule you for more "team building" exercises and seminars... lol

• Like 1

While I'm very happy with the good news, I hope that the aircraft will not be rushed due to release date demands by MS, resulting in incomplete systems or poor performance. 

Not sure how strong the incentive is to fix those (potential) issues later on and improve the product as months go by, if all the money has already been paid and it's considered a complete deal. 

With the usual payware aircraft issues are usually fixed later, and new features added down the road in order to make more sales from newcomers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, skully said:

Sounds like we'll have to schedule you for more "team building" exercises and seminars... lol

I don't get it 😬

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD