Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Should Asobo postpone WU for game fixes

As much as I appreciate the world updates, especially as they are free, I cannot get my head around the existing issues in the game and wishing Asobo would concentrate on those first. It feels a bit like the WU are the finer details when the base product is still not sorted out. 

Perhaps I'm in a minority but would much prefer to see update news for the following, rather than getting another World Update...

1. Live Weather

2. Live traffic

3. AI ground handling

4. ATC

5. General aircraft handling improvements

6. Trim wheel issues

7. Snow effect on different surfaces

8. Other irritating bug fixes

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Most of the world updates are server side imagery updates, mesh and 3D models. The teams responsible for that sort of stuff usually don't overlap with the programmers and teams responsible for fixing specific bugs, working on ATC, weather and stuff like that. It's all asynchronous development. So postponing it probably wouldn't do a thing. 

• Like 24
  • Upvote 2

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

No.

• Like 23

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

26 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

As much as I appreciate the world updates, especially as they are free, I cannot get my head around the existing issues in the game and wishing Asobo would concentrate on those first.

Development-wise, World Updates are a completely different thing from bug fixes and sim updates.

You can't just take someone who does 3D modelling for a new WU airport and put him on the team that will fix the ATC, it doesn't work like that.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

Nope

• Like 8

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

whether they should or should not is not an issue at all, they will carry on according to what they thinks.

better adjust to what happens else you are going to be very dissatisfied.

No.

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Like everyone has said already, the World Updates are done by different teams.  The World Updates are usually done by 3D artists and 3D modelers. Those 3D artists and 3D modelers cannot fix the bugs on your list.

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I don't know about 'game' fixes (they can keep that Halo bird they just released😌) but 'sim' fixes, yes...:ph34r:

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yes, if the staff who work with WU have the competence to work with bug fixes.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

No.  No matter what gets fixed or improved, people won't be happy.   Keep it all moving forward=More people happy.

Edited by Matt Webb
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Matt Webb

On the basis that the people doing the World Update content don't do the bug fixes, then it would be pointless. 
I understand the OP's sentiment, as we would all like the bugs fixed quicker, but delaying the World Updates won't do it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

Most of the world updates are server side imagery updates, mesh and 3D models. The teams responsible for that sort of stuff usually don't overlap with the programmers and teams responsible for fixing specific bugs, working on ATC, weather and stuff like that. It's all asynchronous development. So postponing it probably wouldn't do a thing. 

then why don't Microsoft/Asobo allocate more budget to the programmers team, enhance it and set targets....but I think that doesn't increase the customers base, "Halo" stuff for sure will do it. 

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

1 hour ago, Sethos said:

If what you say is true, then it would have an impact.  The impact would be slowing down World Updates.

3 minutes ago, ttbq1 said:

then why don't Microsoft/Asobo allocate more budget to the programmers team, enhance it and set targets....but I think that doesn't increase the customers base, "Halo" stuff for sure will do it. 

They do. They've been hiring all the time, and at this very moment there are about 15 job openings related to "fixing stuff" in MSFS: https://www.asobostudio.com/careers

That means it isn't an issue of resource allocating, it's an issue with availability of resources.

Just stopping the World Updates and other content doesn't help a single bit for fixing the bugs.

• Like 4

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600