Sign in to follow this  
chickster25

Should Asobo postpone WU for game fixes

No

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I understand where the OP is coming from, firstly though not everyone knows or has the foresight to know how dev teams work so cut the guy some slack....yes we see this all the time (same in other genres of gaming) so this query is going to crop up every now and then whether people like it or not.

Overall though it's clearly obvious the Core of the Sim still needs much love & care, the relentless need to not fully beta test updates and release updates with bugs is incredibly annoying and something MS/Asobo have *not* learnt how to deal with in over two years (I'm using pre release Alpha issues that persist today in that). I'll keep beating the drum in the hope that they wake up and properly test cycle a Sim Update, that they properly deal with QA and that they manage to surprise me one day but I'm kind of with the opinion that they're just not good enough and need outside help with regards to this area .

Of course every dev team in any sim/game has their own way of doing things with their own priorities and agendas which is just fine, but I remain steadfast in my opinion that MS/Asobo have been the worst I've seen with respect to Patch Updates & Quality Control in all my years of simulation & gaming. Lessons are not being learnt, SU10 is "delayed" from its original target release so we'll see how they do with that but with their history I'm not actually that hopeful - every update I worry more about what they break than what they fix - it's been that way for some time and it needs to change.

Am I sounding like a broken record? Yes....but there's a reason for that...!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I would love to see an improvement to the live weather depiction, AI traffic, and ATC. I want more voices and more options. I want a fully working ATC and I wanted this a year ago. While ASOBO is at it, can't they please add an altitude to the FP section? So my answer is an emphatic YES!

You can change the altitude in the FP section by clicking on nav log…

Everybody, stop posting new forum threads until we have collectively ensured all questions in existing threads have been completely addressed.  😀

Edited by Stoopy
  • Like 5

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

16 minutes ago, Stoopy said:

Everybody, stop posting new forum threads until we have collectively ensured all questions in existing threads have been completely addressed.  😀

It's the I want syndrome.

sp

56 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Of course every dev team in any sim/game has their own way of doing things with their own priorities and agendas which is just fine, but I remain steadfast in my opinion that MS/Asobo have been the worst I've seen with respect to Patch Updates & Quality Control in all my years of simulation & gaming. 

Imperfect though it has been, I personally much prefer how MSFS is being handled to what happened with FSX. FSX got two service packs, which did not even bring to the sim all of the features that had been stated would be incorporated ( i.e. full DX10 compatibility), and that was it.

Ongoing development can be messy, but I sure prefer it to a developer that just walks away.

• Like 6

No thanks, I actually really like the world updates, they add a lot to the sim.

• Like 2

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

9 minutes ago, Muwarr90 said:

Imperfect though it has been, I personally much prefer how MSFS is being handled to what happened with FSX. FSX got two service packs, which did not even bring to the sim all of the features that had been stated would be incorporated ( i.e. full DX10 compatibility), and that was it.

Ongoing development can be messy, but I sure prefer it to a developer that just walks away.

I wasn't a flight simmer with FSX so can't compare to that, ongoing development titles are a plenty and that's where Asobo lack the know how (look at their part titles history) and it shows.

As ever though it's not all bad, they have helped create something really special, it's just they're severely lacking in certain departments.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Man I want them to get around to the Caribbean while I'm still in my 30s so hell no to that!

• Like 5

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This is an OUTSTANDING TOPIC.!!!!

Fix the bugs first ATC, TRAFFIC< WEATHER

Nice to give all these goodies, but if u cannot enjoy the sim with all the World Updates, fix the bugs please!!!!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

3 hours ago, MarcG said:

Overall though it's clearly obvious the Core of the Sim still needs much love & care, the relentless need to not fully beta test updates and release updates with bugs is incredibly annoying and something MS/Asobo have *not* learnt how to deal with in over two years (I'm using pre release Alpha issues that persist today in that). I'll keep beating the drum in the hope that they wake up and properly test cycle a Sim Update, that they properly deal with QA and that they manage to surprise me one day but I'm kind of with the opinion that they're just not good enough and need outside help with regards to this area .

Of course every dev team in any sim/game has their own way of doing things with their own priorities and agendas which is just fine, but I remain steadfast in my opinion that MS/Asobo have been the worst I've seen with respect to Patch Updates & Quality Control in all my years of simulation & gaming. Lessons are not being learnt, SU10 is "delayed" from its original target release so we'll see how they do with that but with their history I'm not actually that hopeful - every update I worry more about what they break than what they fix - it's been that way for some time and it needs to change.

All fair points, and yes one area they can always do better at is QA and not introducing regressions.  FWIW, they acknowledged this in the last Dev Q&A and we'll see how it pans out with SU10 and beyond where they're giving themselves more time to fix bugs and react to beta feedback. I don't for once doubt that to improve this is a high priority for them, and everybody can agree that this is a very complex software system and not all that runs solely on client machines like previous sims but there's also a big server-side aspect to it... let's see how their actual execution of intentions goes I guess >= SU10.

Even with the occasional regressions, overall like others I much prefer this continuous delivery model of software distribution, and the frequent updates and new capabilities, rather than the stagnation we endured with previous sims.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I’m back again, helloooo  all, I never expected such a reaction.

I guess it is all a question of priorities and I guess imho I would prefer some features to be fixed over having some additional scenery.

I love MSFS and I love world updates. It is an incredible sim and I am grateful for everything we get.

I just find it a little frustrating that we are almost expected to overlook some big imperfections and be dazzled by some new world update scenery. It almost like Asobo  are saying’look over here and see the new shiny thing’ and forget about some of the issues.

It can be a bit hard to truly immerse yourself and enjoy an update when there are AI planes spinning in circles & ATC are telling you are clear to land when there is a 737 pulling onto the runway in front of you. 

Edited by chickster25
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The argument they have different teams and the WU team can not fix bugs is getting really old. It is all a matter of priority. Employ the right people for the right job.... Focus on the core sim fixes.

The WU are nice and appreciated, but almost 2 years in, we still have glaring bugs and immersion killers that where there on day one.

- kamikaze airport vehicles

- funny road traffic behavior 

- AI traffic mess

- ATC mess

- water going up coast lines

-  line through the horizon 

- sudden shifts in weather

- very limited cloud type depiction 

- connectivity issues

to name a few.

Don't get me wrong, I am enjoying MSFS and some moments are really immersive and it has a lot of good going for it, but in some areas it just does not move forward at all.

Just my 2 cents (Canadian).

• Like 4

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.