Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

MK Dublin CTD - Possible Fix

Hello All

For anyone like me who's been experiencing CTDs at MK's Dublin, try using this utility.

Point it to your Dublin installation folder and let it do its stuff. Fixed my CTD by finding and renaming one duplicate bgl file (apparently).

Here is where I got the heads up from.

Hope that you get some success from it.

Regards

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Hello All

For anyone like me who's been experiencing CTDs at MK's Dublin, try using this utility.

Point it to your Dublin installation folder and let it do its stuff. Fixed my CTD by finding and renaming one duplicate bgl file (apparently).

Here is where I got the heads up from.

Hope that you get some success from it.

Regards

Great! Will try it out. Also having CTD with EIDW v1.1.1.

Adrian

You can do that from within the Addons Linker as well - it will also scan your files and highlight similar problems.  And if you don't use it yet, you should try it!

• Like 1

Haven’t had time to test but this wouldn’t explain why MSFS is CTD without any add-ons?

Is there a serious bug with the bing scenery in this area?

This is not an isolated issue with MK Studios EIDW. Instead its a widespread issue for most if not all users of MSFS.

I get a CTD whether I use to MKS EIDW or not. I will try this out tomorrow, but I am not expecting any difference.

EDIT: I decided to give this a go. I am able to load into EIDW MKS without any issue whatsoever. I will see how it goes over the next few days as sometimes it is fine and others not.

Edited by shamrockflyer

I can report back that the utility has rectified the issue.

It renamed the modelLib.BGL to eidw-dublin - orbx-modelLib.BGL in the scenery/MKSTUDIOS/EIDW folder and the airport loaded on the first test.

Im not sure why the sim was crashing when the new airport was unselected, but at least its working.

Thanks

I've run it and have no issues so it's perfectly safe to use.

What does the Rebuild option do?

I use this tool in addon linker after adding any new scenery.   The amount of devs who don't name their modellib.bgl to something unique is astounding, even well known payware devs are still doing it occasionally, though it seems to be getting better these days.

Deleting the Scenery Indexes folder and Content.xml after swapping in/out scenery mods is another essential habit everyone should get into.

I can run hundreds of mods and don't get stuck loading issues or scenery related CTD's.

• Like 1

The add-on linker allows you to choose an entire folder. You can analyze and fix possible conflicts with one click.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On a side note, I really wish MK would put a new version out of EIDW the textures are just poor.

• Like 3

Getting CTD on default EIDW. Cannot load into EIDW and even when approaching EIDW from another airport, I'll get CTD when on Finals 28L There is a massive long thread about this issues that's been going on for over a year.