Sign in to follow this  
pinepix62

World update IX now available

11 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

You know, when I read things like this, I almost get tempted to sign up with Vatsim just to fly the Pelican there. 😅

Now if you already think of me as rigid and uberserious, you are in for a treat 😄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Torsen said:

Between two "boring" flights with pmdg and fenix I just took the

Why do you do it, if it’s boring? 

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Dude, get it through your head that not everyone has to use the sim the way you do or want them to. Besides, he put the word in quotation marks for a reason.

• Like 12

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

It's also possible that the Pelican serves a useful purpose as a tech demo for things like the remote camera.

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Because I can. These "boring" flights are perfect for a parallel "boring" business Teams conf call 😄. This is what I meant we are taking a lot of things too serious.

(If I want to actually "fly" a plane I take something more demanding and challenging like a 146 😉 )

Cheers

T.

• Like 5

Love how Asobo announce study level planes for free plus much more and all people complain about is a nicely modelled optional Halo spacecraft 🤣

I think some people are just bored in life and use whinging at everything as something exciting for the day. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 5

These threads are why I love Avsim.  There are a lot of smart, witty, funny people in flight simulation (also smart a##es).

• Like 1

Ryan

Yeah, I'm just bored with life waiting for the sim to get stable again along with the removed features and quality that I paid for at release. Any year now, just have to be patienttm.

Wonder how these DLC ideas would've gone over back in 2019/20 while the sim was being marketed to the dedicated flight simmers. I bet people would've called us conspiracy theorists and how this was never going to happen. Sim for simmers and all that. Yet here we are, barely two years into the decade long journey.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Wonder how these DLC ideas would've gone over back in 2019/20 while the sim was being marketed to the dedicated flight simmers.

When was this ever the case?

When did MS/Asobo ever say this?

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

20 minutes ago, rjack1282 said:

There are a lot of smart, witty, funny people in flight simulation

Could you post a link ?

• Like 8

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

I'm hoping that WU12 will have Thunderbird 1. No wait! Thunderbird 2 with the Thunderbird 4 pod... 😀

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Wonder how these DLC ideas would've gone over back in 2019/20 while the sim was being marketed to the dedicated flight simmers. I bet people would've called us conspiracy theorists and how this was never going to happen. Sim for simmers and all that. Yet here we are, barely two years into the decade long journey.

They've ruined the sim as far as I'm concerned. I was trying to have a nice flight in Ireland last night in my 310r, but I was constantly interrupted by my own indignant outrage. It's really annoying. 

Otherwise, though, I'm pretty excited about the upcoming sim add-ons!

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

My bad, I see world update 9 was the Italy / Malta update. The message on the front page with the picture of the Pelican confused me....

• Like 1

Johan Pienaar

After this could we start another thread on WU8? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310