Sign in to follow this  
pinepix62

World update IX now available

39 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Love how Asobo announce study level planes for free plus much more and all people complain about is a nicely modelled optional Halo spacecraft 🤣

I think some people are just bored in life and use whinging at everything as something exciting for the day. 

Right?? Lol... Some sure seem to be butthurt that their Serious Simmer ™️ status is somehow now lessened by the mere presence of fictional flying machines on the MSFS marketplace, provided as optional free downloads, created by outsourced 3rd party devs outside of Asobo.

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

39 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Yeah, I'm just bored with life waiting for the sim to get stable again along with the removed features and quality that I paid for at release. Any year now, just have to be patienttm.

Wonder how these DLC ideas would've gone over back in 2019/20 while the sim was being marketed to the dedicated flight simmers. I bet people would've called us conspiracy theorists and how this was never going to happen. Sim for simmers and all that. Yet here we are, barely two years into the decade long journey.

NO you paid very well knowing this is a ten year project, it was well known and well explained.

If these fun little side DLC keep the teams pockets lined to keep going then I’m all for it. Don’t like it? Don’t download it. Simple. 

Also if they told me two years ago I was getting a study level a310 and dc3 for free along with all these world updates for free plus more, I would’ve been even more happy. 

Listen to yourself, it’s embarrassing. 

#StarWarsForNextDLC

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 9
  • Upvote 1

It’s “Therious Thimmer” pal!🤣😂

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

37 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Wonder how these DLC ideas would've gone over back in 2019/20 while the sim was being marketed to the dedicated flight simmers. I bet people would've called us conspiracy theorists and how this was never going to happen.

Which DLC ideas? These ones:

Wright Flyer
Ryan NYP (“Spirit of St. Louis”)
Douglas DC-3
De Havilland Canada DHC-2-Beaver

Bell-407
Guimbal Cabri G2

DG Flugzeugbau LG8-18
DG Flugzeugbau DG1001E neo

Airbus A310

Or do you mean WU1, WU2, WU3, WU4, WU5, WU6, WU7, WU8, WU9? All totally free.

Or possibly the other aircrafts that has been released in the last two years?

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

Dude, get it through your head that not everyone has to use the sim the way you do or want them to. Besides, he put the word in quotation marks for a reason.

First of all, I am not a 'dude', thanks very much. Second of all, don't get you knickers in a twist. Many thanks. 

PS, I couldn't care less how others use the sim, nor could I care if you are concerned how I use it. This is a public forum that is supposed to be open to debate, so I asked a genuine question. As usual, people like you can't debate, just antagonise. So, get 'it' through your head, in a public forum, you debate. Now, go un-twist your knickers. 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blueshark747 said:

When was this ever the case?

When did MS/Asobo ever say this?

"and by you guys I mean the spoiled, entitled, hardcore simmer folks that really have been propping up this thing for the past 35 years"

Edited by SubtotalGuide

16 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

First of all, I am not a 'dude', thanks very much. Second of all, don't get you knickers in a twist. Many thanks. 

PS, I couldn't care less how others use the sim, nor could I care if you are concerned how I use it. This is a public forum that is supposed to be open to debate, so I asked a genuine question. As usual, people like you can't debate, just antagonise. So, get 'it' through your head, in a public forum, you debate. Now, go un-twist your knickers. 

Hey, dude. You really shouldn't comment on my ability to debate like that when you were unable to detect the sarcasm in his post.

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

"and by you guys I mean the spoiled, entitled, hardcore simmer folks that really have been propping up this thing for the past 35 years"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ppN8HjZGk&t=905s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ppN8HjZGk&t=652s

Yup they sure did! Time to hold them to such promises promises!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Wow, Jorg , Seb, and Martial have been replaced by a new Q&A team !

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, rjack1282 said:

These threads are why I love Avsim.

Not sure I'd go quite that far, but they do bring a smile to my face for sure. Makes me glad I'm not really from this planet (or at least, that's what it feels like sometimes) <grin>

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

Basic logic might suggest that Asobo wanting to cater to the "hardcore" simmer does *not* preclude them from *also* putting out content to attract non-hardcore simmers (especially when said content is provided by 3rd parties outside Asobo)... but why let logic get in the way of righteous Serious Simmer ™️ indignation??

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Well this has to be one of the most bizarre threads I’ve seen on Avsim so far. Since the discussion seems to be going in all sorts of directions, I’ll just share my wish for the next free DLC. This one:

3uoJmhF.png

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

3 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Basic logic might suggest that Asobo wanting to cater to the "hardcore" simmer does *not* preclude them from *also* putting out content to attract non-hardcore simmers

"we have to get it right with you guys first"

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Well this has to be one of the most bizarre threads I’ve seen on Avsim so far. Since the discussion seems to be going in all sorts of directions, I’ll just share my wish for the next free DLC. This one:

Ahh you want one of the big Corellian jobs eh?

I've heard they're a real chore starting up from cold and dark.

• Like 4

We need an adult in here to settle things down 😅

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB