World update IX now available

We need to start with  fixing "serious" and "hardcore" simmers  LOL

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

This thread is getting out of hand...

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Sim for simmers and all that. Yet here we are, barely two years into the decade long journey.

For crying out loud man, give it a rest.   They are improving all the stuff the "Real Simmers" want, albeit not fast enough for some.

The big issue you are seriously not understanding here is that if this was nothing but a hardcore sim it would be dead in the water in no time. The "hardcore simmer" crowd simply isn't large enough to sustain a project of this size and scope. Without those new masses of more casual simmers and gamers we wouldn't have the sim.  And guess what.. some of those casuals will become hardcore simmers.

I'm sure you'd love flight simming to be remain a niche with a tiny userbase.  After 40 years of this hobby I'm delighted it's now in the mainstream.  A massive user base gives them the ability to give us nice things, a free $100 study level aircraft for one.  If the price for that is developing some fun stuff to attract new people to try it, that's fine by me.

Those hardcore sims that are so much better than the filthy casual MSFS game are still there..  Go and enjoy yourself.

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 16
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

After this could we start another thread on WU8? 

Wait until I have downloaded FSX.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

The thing not being understood here is that the sim quality and realism was better at release. Stability is getting worse and bugs increase. That is what is so upsetting. When will we get that back? How long must we wait?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Moose said:

The "hardcore simmer" crowd simply isn't large enough to sustain a project of this size and scope. Without those new masses of more casual simmers and gamers we wouldn't have the sim.  And guess what.. some of those casuals will become hardcore simmers.

Totally. Some are already hardcore simmers. Only on saturday i stumbled on a vatsim flight on a Twitch video. As someone never having used vatsim i must say it was awesome. Well populated traffic control centres right down to tower/ground. Busy skies, loads of other pilot chatter, including female pilots which must be good for MSFS, two holding patterns, and a very busy Edinburgh airport. Even an actual refusal for a quick toilet break by a traffic controller ! Also some informed comments on the chat function in between general chatter.

Maybe it was an organised event, but still. Great stuff.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

We need to start with  fixing "serious" and "hardcore" simmers  LOL

I’m thinking we need a new category to describe the type who have no reaction to the free study-level planes which should delight them, but only worry that their ‘sim’ might be dismissed as a ‘game’ by the odd Blackstar or Pelican.

I’m thinking…’Status Simmers’?

• Like 2

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

1 minute ago, scotchegg said:

the type who have no reaction to the free study-level planes which should delight them

"let them eat cake, why are they not happy still?"

Sigh.. AVSIM has been like this for decades.. 

Someone with a college degree could make a fortune reading the AVSIM "MS Flight" forum from front to back and writing a case study. While ultimately becoming a failure it was peak "Simmer Vs Casual" battle royal. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

23 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

The thing not being understood here is that the sim quality and realism was better at release. Stability is getting worse and bugs increase. That is what is so upsetting. When will we get that back? How long must we wait?

I've always considered MSFS2020 to lay somewhere between FSX and Microsoft Flight (remember that) in its sim:game ratio, there is definitely a creeping of the Bias towards he Microsoft Flight side that has become more noticeable since the XBox release.

Some are fine with that of course and after all the gamer market is probably at least one order of magnitude greater than the simmer market.

I think this topic has run its course. Locked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather