Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

Where is the traffic up in the air ?

I have the addon Simple Traffic, yes I get a lot of planes at the gates, but my main issue how do I get to actually see planes in the air while I am flying ?  I see a lot of traffic up in the air on the Microsoft map10 or 12 planes, but when I check external views I never see the planes, ever, ever.  I have been flying for many many years, where are the planes ?  See them on the map while flying,, where the heck are they????  Seriously, how do I fix this problem, or is this just a plain old bug?

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

Yea something is certainly wrong, I had to remove Simple Traffic because it makes too many planes spawn and do multi airliner formation flybys on towers.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, Sunshine13 said:

I have the addon Simple Traffic, yes I get a lot of planes at the gates, but my main issue how do I get to actually see planes in the air while I am flying ?  I see a lot of traffic up in the air on the Microsoft map10 or 12 planes, but when I check external views I never see the planes, ever, ever.  I have been flying for many many years, where are the planes ?  See them on the map while flying,, where the heck are they????  Seriously, how do I fix this problem, or is this just a plain old bug?

I run this program as well. Yesterday I had plenty of traffic that I could see while in the air, as well as landing and taking off while I was doing the taxi. I am set for live traffic.

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

I flew the Fenix in Europe this afternoon and there were aircraft everywhere, Live Traffic too. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

FrankR409, maybe u can help me out, what are your settings with traffic and Simple Traffic, to get see planes in the air ?  Anybody else opinions and settings as well.

thanks , Ronny

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

31 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

FrankR409, maybe u can help me out, what are your settings with traffic and Simple Traffic, to get see planes in the air ?  Anybody else opinions and settings as well.

thanks , Ronny

Ronny,

>‘General Options> Traffic

aircraft traffic type - real-time online

use generic plane models = on 

traffic variety = ultra

>General Options> data

live real world air traffic = on

>while setting up a flight in the Flight Conditions screen

Air traffic = Live traffic

weather = live

hope this helps

edit here is the manual for the product, it details the setup on page 6. Apparently traffic variety at ultra is critical.

https://freeware.aerosoft.com/forum/downloads/Manual_Simple_Traffic.pdf

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

36 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

thanks , Ronny

For me , simple traffic, and live traffic. That's it, no settings involved. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I set Simple Traffic with suggested settings as well as with the live traffic and I get mixed results.

With the off-line traffic you get all the bugs that have been reported, but there's plenty of parked airliners to enjoy.

With the "live" setting there's hardly any airliners parked, I hear some airliners with ATC enabled, and I've seen some unusual parking and even flipped upside down aircraft.

This is honestly an atrocity. I paid extra for an add-on that does nothing but add realistic liveries. I hope ASOBO fixes the AI feature ASAP. We have waited long enough.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I tried your settings FrankR409 saw traffic in  the air but when I was at the gate at KJFK very little traffic in the airport.

4 hours ago, CFIJose said:

With the "live" setting there's hardly any airliners parked,

Because simple traffic uses the default generic models that are like the size of an A330. Not many airports have parking big enough for them, and ones that do won’t have that many spots.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

I see a lot of hit/miss traffic going on too. I have all the major packs from AIG installed maybe 40 or so to give a good world spread (using Live AI setting) . I fly sometimes continental EU and there's nothing there. When really the skies over Germany and France should be littered with planes. There's always traffic around in general at airports coming and going, but something is a bit wrong still. I don't think we are seeing all of it.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

AI aircraft are absolutely a bungled mess. At large airports, Simple Traffic does exactly what it says.... adds paint and nothing else. But not since FS2000 has the world looked so vacant. General aviation is almost zero. For a sim that has focused on visuals, I’m baffled why MS has, so far, ignored this feature. 

If they fix this (and the poor ATC) and we’d have a decent simulated aviation world.