Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane 12 Dev Deep Dive - Ep 4: Aircraft A330

• Like 4

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Ahah... you were faster 🙂

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

So for those who don't like videos, how good's this airbus going to be?  Is the FMC credible or more like the cut-down one they provided with the 737 in xp11?

As far as I understood, the FMC will be initially (in 12.0) the same of the Boeing 737. They don't rule out the possibility of implementing an Airbus FMC in future versions though.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

45 minutes ago, Murmur said:

They don't rule out the possibility of implementing an Airbus FMC in future versions though.

Or perhaps another Zibo coming along 😊

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

As far as I understood, the FMC will be initially (in 12.0) the same of the Boeing 737. They don't rule out the possibility of implementing an Airbus FMC in future versions though.

1 hour ago, lzamm said:

Or perhaps another Zibo coming along 😊

Just to add it was mentioned that Philip is working on it, but indeed a small chance that it'll make it to 12.00.

Hopefully not too far down the road, anyway i'm sure the A330 will have a "zibo" treatment by the community as well.

What i'm mostly interested in is to test Austin's FBW, this is something I recall was mentioned a long ago in one v11 QA.

Edited by mtaxp
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, mtaxp said:

What i'm mostly interested in is to test Austin's FBW,....

I would hope that's a given.  It wouldn't be an Airbus without at least normal law and the basic protections.

19 minutes ago, lzamm said:

I would hope that's a given.  It wouldn't be an Airbus without at least normal law and the basic protections.

Agreed.

Austin had airbus pilots to test it per what is said in the interview & the last loooooong flight model report.

Edited by mtaxp

Some good news from a few developers, such as VSkyLabs and FilghtFactor regarding the compatibility and / or free upgrades for their products in XP12 !

I look forward for news from Toliss...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...