Sign in to follow this  
Guest s0436

FSX 'adapted' a/c do not work on my pc

Guest s0436

Causes the whole pc to crash and re-boot. Why is this happening when the description of the freeware a/c I d/l say they are FSX compatible?The a/c crashed the system so many times that I get a window pop up everytime I launch FSX saying "activation error, incomplete installation..." But FSX does load up normally in default a/c though.And the same thing happens for FS9 a/c, but I can appreciate that when the models might not be compatible.

>Causes the whole pc to crash and re-boot. Why is this>happening when the description of the freeware a/c I d/l say>they are FSX compatible?>>The a/c crashed the system so many times that I get a window>pop up everytime I launch FSX saying "activation error,>incomplete installation..." But FSX does load up normally in>default a/c though.>>And the same thing happens for FS9 a/c, but I can appreciate>that when the models might not be compatible.Maybe that aircraft file contains a virus.

Guest s0436

>>Causes the whole pc to crash and re-boot. Why is this>>happening when the description of the freeware a/c I d/l say>>they are FSX compatible?>>>>The a/c crashed the system so many times that I get a window>>pop up everytime I launch FSX saying "activation error,>>incomplete installation..." But FSX does load up normally>in>>default a/c though.>>>>And the same thing happens for FS9 a/c, but I can appreciate>>that when the models might not be compatible.>>>>Maybe that aircraft file contains a virus.>I have experimented with about half a dozen different 'FSX adapted' aircraft and some FS9 a/c. The plane loads up on the preview menu screen and then suddenly black lines appear and then the computer crashes.

Guest UlfB

>Causes the whole pc to crash and re-boot. Why is this>happening when the description of the freeware a/c I d/l say>they are FSX compatible?>>The a/c crashed the system so many times that I get a window>pop up everytime I launch FSX saying "activation error,>incomplete installation..." But FSX does load up normally in>default a/c though.>>And the same thing happens for FS9 a/c, but I can appreciate>that when the models might not be compatible.Tip: If you name one or two of the aircrafts and where to download them, other simmers might respond and give you feedback.Ulf B :-)

Guest s0436

The aircrafts I downloaded where mainly from Simviation's "FSX civil jets" page, such as the Flybe Embraer, United 757.

Guest s0436

I tested the default repaints and they work fine, but the system just won't 'accept' these FSX non-default repaints as stated above.

Guest s0436

I wouldn't be bumping this thread up if I wasn't desperate for help from you experts...my simming experience is reduced hugely by not being able to fly anything other than default a/c and thus not being able to do night flights etc.

I installed the FlyBe CRJ with no crashing or anything. Did you place the full folder in the SimObjects/Airplanes folder? Even if you didn't, I don't see why your program would crash...Why can't you fly at night? After SP1, the only night problems I have are the 747 and CRJ exterior textures will light up in bright blue if you have the panel light on, turn it off and everything is ok. Of course you have to turn it back on so you can see the panel, so just don't go outside on these two planes. You can't go outside in the real plane.All the rest fly and look fine.Earl

I've successfully installed 30 or so (maybe more, I haven't counted) FS9 and earlier aircraft in FSX. The only time I get crashes is when one of the gauges calls a dll that either needs to be put in the dll.xml file, or is not compatible with FSX, or, when a set of gauges calls the gaugesound.dll and I neglected to put the associated sounds in the FSXsound directory (<== this is a biggie). The Alpha Bleu Ciel Crusader gives me problems, I think associated with the HUD. It'll work, but will crash FSX when I try to select another aircraft, or the flight resets due to a flying crash or something.Now I also must admit that each one usually requires quite a bit of editing. I also only choose aircraft with good VC's and in which I don't have to replace more than 5 or 10 FS98 style gauges.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)N15802 KASH '73 Piper Cherokee Challenger 180

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest s0436

I've experimented with the sound and panels using default and non-default, same thing happens, it loads up on the menu screen and then black lines appear and then the dreaded CTD/re-boot...Maybe my system cannot cope with complex aircraft, although when I first installed FSX I used the FSX AirOne A320 (from avsim) and it was fine, I then deleted it ages ago when the default 738 repaints came out...now the same Airone a/c causes the system to crash.

What are your system spec? Video drivers? This sounds like a vid driver thing to me but not sure...Earl

Guest s0436

>What are your system spec? Video drivers? This sounds like>a vid driver thing to me but not sure...>EarlIt is thr ATI X1400 mobility hypermemory 512MB.

Guest s0436

After 30 mins, it shuts down and a message comes up saying "thank you for trying FSX trial version.." uh

I think that may be a separate issue. This means you don't have FSX properly registered and it is operating in demo mode. I never did use it as demo so can't comment any further except it seems to me I've read others could add stuff to it without any issue. I would certainly get it registered and check your issues again, but don't think that will affect it. But you'll be properly registered which you'll need when you get the other issues fixed. Be patient and keep working on it, you will figure it out eventually.Try removing all your added on stuff to the point everything works properly. Then add back one at a time till you find the culprit.Earl

Guest s0436

Because of that incomplete activationt thing as per instructions I uninstalled and re-installed FSX, the installation did not complete and an error came up saying "fatal error".