Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

Dave Garwood's Hawker Hunter converted...

The Hunter is one of history's most beautiful shapes imho, so I'm almost nervous to try it as freeware in MSFS or wait until somebody does a payware-quality model. Unless people feel it's actually that good?

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

2 hours ago, scotchegg said:

The Hunter is one of history's most beautiful shapes imho, so I'm almost nervous to try it as freeware in MSFS or wait until somebody does a payware-quality model. Unless people feel it's actually that good?

Well all I can say is that it's Dave Garwood, so it will certainly be good enough until a payware comes along.  Try it, it's free - I think you will be pleasantly surprised for the price! :biggrin:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

can anybody tell me where the park brake is - had to map it on the joystick so I could get it off the ground - a truly delightful airplane to fly in the sim - highly recommended

Rattso

Cooler Master Cosmos 700M - Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme D5 - intel i9-12900K(water cooled) - 128gb Corsair Vengeance 5200 D5 - Gigabyte Asorus 4090 waterforce - EVGA 2000W P/S - Creative AE-7 - intel Optane 500gb - 3x 2tb M2 SSDs - 2x 2tb Samsung EVO SSDs - 1x Hybrid 2tb HDD - Thrustmaster Warthog - Honeycombe Bravo quadrant - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - MFG Crosswind - Samsung Oddesy Ark - G9 49" monitor

As predicted, Jan and another painter (zsoltquack) are all over this like a rash!  Lots of nice repaints coming through...

https://flightsim.to/discover/hawker hunter

The plane is getting excellent feedback and reviews also, but then it is Dave Garwood.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Well, Dave is really putting the effort in on this...  Updated to V1.1 already.  Use the link above.

Version 1.1 June 22, 2022

• Mach meter needle animation fixed.
  • Oil pressure needle animation fixed.
  • F4 model errors fixed.
  • Canopy material adjusted.
  • Over stress G limit increased.
  • ATC callsigns added.
  • Throttle code changed.
  • Camera views adjusted.
  • Wingtip vortices effect added.
  • Payload pre-sets added.
  • Payload visibility code adjusted for users with MSFS set to metric system.

I am glad the canopy has been adjusted, it looked a little too dark.  This plane is already a corker for the money!  :biggrin:

• Like 2

@bobcat999 didn't King Hussein of Jordan fly one of these?  Either as his personal aircraft livery, or possibly a Jordanian Air Force livery?

Edited by Mace
  • Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

8 hours ago, Mace said:

@bobcat999 didn't King Hussein of Jordan fly one of these?  Either as his personal aircraft livery, or possibly a Jordanian Air Force livery?

I believe he did, although his favourite aircraft was a trusty old De Haviland Dove.  He was a good guy by all accounts, a decent pilot, and obviously he had very strong links to the UK.

I saw him strolling about at the UK Air Tattoo many, many years ago.  I can't remember if it was at RAF Fairford, or at the old venue, Middle Wallop.
The Jordanian Falcon's display team was there, and he flew in on a Royal Jordanian Airlines Tristar if I recall correctly, although I think it was specially modified for him internally for his overseas trips.

Hi Guys,

Just for clarity neither the Hunter or the Rapide are port overs, they are brand new models in Blender (the design tool). 

As for waiting for a payware Hunter, feel free, but the payware one for FS9 and FSX had squared off wingtips, so I think you’ll find Dave’s has always been regarded as the benchmark. It always amuses me when people think because a developer is community minded enough to do something for free, it must be inferior 🙄😁 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I thought that was real until I saw the pilot in the Hunter.  I'll be going to Duxford in July.  Really looking forward to it.

• Like 1