Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Any good warbird for MSFS?

Hello everone! I've been spoiled by the A2A P-40 in both FSX and P3D (because of its handling and detail). Does anybody know of a WW2 fighter with similar detail to the P-40?

I've read some reviews about the P-40, P-51 and Spitfire, but I can´t make my mind yet...

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@23-144 Hz (locked at 120 Hz, FreeSync ON), Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4.

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

If u have been spoiled by A2A then u will be a bit disappointed by MSFS offer.

I would say that Spit from Flyingiron is decent, P38 have some issues.

There is also Milviz with Corsair, but that one in my opinion is completely broken in terms of flight dynamics and gauges readings.

Waiting for Hellcat from Flyingiron...

Artur 

Also a P40 and a Goose from Big Radials. Basically the best planes ever created for a flightsim, trust me, i made them 😉🤣 

In fairness tho, they are very good (according to users not me 😅)

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Beardyman said:

Waiting for Hellcat from Flyingiron...

Im gonna bet now that this one might get under the "MS umbrella"

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Hello everone! I've been spoiled by the A2A P-40 in both FSX and P3D (because of its handling and detail). Does anybody know of a WW2 fighter with similar detail to the P-40?

I've read some reviews about the P-40, P-51 and Spitfire, but I can´t make my mind yet...

The Flyingiron Spitfire is pretty good and the dev has been steadily improving her since release like adding a tablet. They care about the product. 

• Upvote 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, Beardyman said:

There is also Milviz with Corsair, but that one in my opinion is completely broken in terms of flight dynamics and gauges readings.

Say what????

• Like 1

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

What's the point of a combat airplane in MSFS? Seems utterly pointless. Maybe MSFS will release another version of Combat simulator. 

6 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

What's the point of a combat airplane in MSFS? Seems utterly pointless. Maybe MSFS will release another version of Combat simulator. 

Because they are designed to fly in a completely different way to civillian aircraft. Some people enjoy doing that kind of flying in a world as expansive as MSFS.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Here we go again. 🤪

• Like 5

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

45 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Duh, Warbirds arent in service anymore, YET, a lot of people still DARE to fly them. How DARE THEY do that!!!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Say what????

Apparently u do not fly ur own bird...

Artur 

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Yeah, what's the point of an airplane in a flight simulator? Jeez...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

P-40 from Big Radials is excellent. Don't own the Milviz Corsair but on reputation I'd say you can't go far wrong. Flying Iron's Spitfire is also top notch. Don't own the Aeroplane Heaven P-51 but, again, I don't think you'll be buying into anything terrible there and it looks great.