Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

First time seeing this issue,winds went to 200kt on final

Looking to see if anyones run across this issue, was coming in to land at CYYZ yesterday in the fenix, about 500 ft above ground the wind started climbing all the way up to 200kts, plane was hovering in place as my speed was obviously a lot lower.. never came across this one before, wondering if anyone has seen this?

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I had it the other way around. 

On departure from gatwick i saw the grass and trees move (i never noticed it before). but on the ground it was a normal 260/10'ish wind. Soon after rotated i was also confronted of a +100kts wind. It flipped the A320.

Reloaded the sim and every thing was normal again. I figured it was a wrong read of the metar by the sim?

Had this yesterday coming into LGA I touched down and plane flipped over. I thought maybe the runway hadn't loaded correctly causing me to hit a bump but when I reloaded the flight at the gate my plane flipped over again and I noticed the massive waves wind sound and trees blowing. Tested it again this morning at it seemed normal

I also had this coming in to CYTA last night (around 0300 UTC). Wind went to >200kts on approach. I switched back and forth between live weather and a preset during the approach and the problem happened every time going to live weather. I went back to the main menu and reloaded at the airport using live weather and it was fine.

2 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Looking to see if anyones run across this issue, was coming in to land at CYYZ yesterday in the fenix, about 500 ft above ground the wind started climbing all the way up to 200kts, plane was hovering in place as my speed was obviously a lot lower.. never came across this one before, wondering if anyone has seen this?

Yes!   Had weird wind issues last night (something i ate? 😛 )    

Sitka Alaska.  On the ground the wind was 4 gusting 7, matching the weather forecast.   I got up to around 1500 ft and I'm suddenly getting 60 gusting 90. Landed again, all fine at ground. Took off again and all normal for a few mins.   I'm pottering along around 2500ft with a 6kt wind and notice the water below me is churning!  Fly down and at around 500ft the wind is suddenly over 100kt!       

Been fine for me today, but I've not flown up in that region yet, mostly EU..

I was trying to land the other night in the Icon (I forget where but it was in the same area) and the speed would jump from a normal approach speed to burying the needle, then it told me I had overstressed.  I just closed the program and didn't think more about it until now.

Interesting.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Thanks for confirming… looks like i wasn’t the only one.

I tried turning off live weather but then because the aircraft was hovering it ended up falling to the ground, so I turned the sim off and went to bed lol.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I had an issue with the HJet last night landing Savannah (KSAV) runway 10, I would get to the same point in the approach each time, right between 800-900 AGL and suddenly I would start sinking like a rock and would loose all airspeed, almost like a micro burst exit, but there were no storms. This repeated itself for each of the 4 or 5 approaches that I tried. I also noticed the moving trees for the first time, so it might be related to the issue that ya'll are having.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Ha! 200 kts... A few days ago I was on approach with my BAe146 into SKBQ as on final I felt like a leave in a tornado... I could save by changing to weather preset. Back on live weather after landing I took a screenhot with the automated weather:

unknown.png

😄

Cheers

T.

Edited by Torsen
  • Like 2

RW weather has always been wacky and/or broken around the release of sim or world updates. I recall no weather at all before/after quite a few of the early updates. 

That 089/844 is quite amusing 🙂

Edited by mattn
comedy

1 hour ago, Torsen said:

Ha! 200 kts... A few days ago I was on approach with my BAe146 into SKBQ as on final I felt like a leave in a tornado... 

Wind 89 at 844 -- you have encountered the Torsen Tornado 😄

I haven't run into this yet.  I hope they can nail down the weather soon.  It may be related to the METAR transition that they implemented a few months back.  You would think they would have some cap on wind speed values sent to the sim (844 knots?  Really?) -- some sort of safeguard to prevent what you saw -- as even an EF5 tornado doesn't go much over 300 knots I think. 

Between that and DLSS -- those are two things I would look forward to the most.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Back in the same sort of area as yesterday and all seems fine now.

This phenomena has occurred before, some weeks ago when trees at Edinburgh were swaying and bending at crazy angles.

Can't recall what Asobo/MS did to rectify it.

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers