Sign in to follow this  
enright

When and where is the WU X announcement?

23 minutes ago, icewater5 said:

I suggest you stop assuming then. They were not secretive about anything, period. And the number of people complaining is way less than you think.

Incorrect sir, it’s way more than you think, and Jorg even brought it up himself, no assuming needed on that front, maybe you are not as informed as you think.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHN we're down.

4 minutes ago, White Hawk said:

Incorrect sir, it’s way more than you think, and Jorg even brought it up himself, no assuming needed on that front, maybe you are not as informed as you think.

How about telling us what he said then?

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Always good to hear from the horse's mouth...

https://twinfinite.net/2022/06/microsoft-flight-simulator-interview-40th-anniversary-edition/

"Jorg Neumann: It is coming out tomorrow. I actually don’t like doing this, to be honest. I want to be transparent to the community. I usually like to release a world update and then announce the next one. So we broke that trend and it has something to do with trade shows. It looked like there was an E3 but then… Anyway, I wanted to announce it there because it is the United States and its territories. In November 2020, we did the World Update United States, but it was only the second, and we were still defining what a World Update really is. It was good, but it wasn’t as good as we hoped in some ways, and the United States is huge. What drove all this was the fact that we got great new data. I think people think Jorg decides what goes into the World Updates, but actually, I simply chase the data a lot. If there’s cool data, I’m interested because it makes life for the simmers better."

It's obviously nothing nefarious, some features they like to keep a surprise, especially to tie in to larger corporate PR blitzes like the 40th anniversary announcements and the not-E3-but-like-E3 event... As for the tinfoil-hat inspired assumption that White Hawk made, no, it's not because "they are getting tired of people complaining about how poor a job they are doing and are more than ever trying to cut that down as much as possible" lol.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 12

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

The idea that someone would assume nefarious or dishonest motives around... their free world update... is incredible, lol.  Especially when the blindingly obvious reason of Xbox's summer showcase is staring you in the face.

Jorg has said before, and said it again today, that their World Updates have more to do with where they can get good new sources of data - not simply saying "we need to do Africa" or whatever, and then chasing down whatever they can.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Scottoest said:

The idea that someone would assume nefarious or dishonest motives around... their free world update... is incredible, lol.  Especially when the blindingly obvious reason of Xbox's summer showcase is staring you in the face.

Jorg has said before, and said it again today, that their World Updates have more to do with where they can get good new sources of data - not simply saying "we need to do Africa" or whatever, and then chasing down whatever they can.

Your naivety about company motives and suggestion that every Xbox showcase video is staring in everybody’s face when we have other things to do is funny, and yes, I already know why they pick the order of world updates, thanks though. 🙄

2 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Always good to hear from the horse's mouth...

https://twinfinite.net/2022/06/microsoft-flight-simulator-interview-40th-anniversary-edition/

"Jorg Neumann: It is coming out tomorrow. I actually don’t like doing this, to be honest. I want to be transparent to the community. I usually like to release a world update and then announce the next one. So we broke that trend and it has something to do with trade shows. It looked like there was an E3 but then… Anyway, I wanted to announce it there because it is the United States and its territories. In November 2020, we did the World Update United States, but it was only the second, and we were still defining what a World Update really is. It was good, but it wasn’t as good as we hoped in some ways, and the United States is huge. What drove all this was the fact that we got great new data. I think people think Jorg decides what goes into the World Updates, but actually, I simply chase the data a lot. If there’s cool data, I’m interested because it makes life for the simmers better."

It's obviously nothing nefarious, some features they like to keep a surprise, especially to tie in to larger corporate PR blitzes like the 40th anniversary announcements and the not-E3-but-like-E3 event... As for the tinfoil-hat inspired assumption that White Hawk made, no, it's not because "they are getting tired of people complaining about how poor a job they are doing and are more than ever trying to cut that down as much as possible" lol.

So you did notice that I started the post with “I can only assume” then?  Because you and other posters seem to have skipped over that point in your rush to arms about missing one comment Jorg made.  So, I was wrong on the reason, well, one of the reasons anyway.  But all that changes nothing about the high level of complaints from both users and third party developers, and Jorg has tried to keep a lid on his frustration with it but has failed more than once in the Q&A streams.  I may not have caught the announcement you mentioned (somehow that’s something that definitely couldn’t have been missed by anyone even with plenty of other stuff to read and watch and do day to day, it seems) but clearly there’s lot of people that are missing far more important things than that which are not one off videos, or comments.

There’s plenty of issues for people to complain about still and unsurprisingly plenty of complaints from users and devs to go along with them two years in which are fed up with Asobo’s performance so far, that’s a fact.  I’ve seen more than one dev complain about Asobo’s actions and I couldn’t count the users I’ve seen fed up with Asobo’s handling of the sim, but of course there’s also plenty of people who don’t really care about a quality, reliable sim too, especially when it comes to this particular one and the large influx of people that think it’s really super, just such a polished product after two years.  That’ll be where some of you are getting your ideas that there’s not many complaints from.  Asobo need to get their act together, hire people who know what they are doing, or of course they could continue to coast along on all the users that don’t care or know any better.

I’m also beginning to see why I’ve also seen so many complaints about avsims forums lately too, I didn’t really know why till now, clearly the urge to jump on people who criticise Asobo in the slightest is strong here, even if it is just an assumption born out of poor handling of the project.

I think it's time to jump in a GA plane, fly up to 8000ft and stay up there for a few hours and relax!

• Like 1

Matt Webb

2 minutes ago, White Hawk said:

So you did notice that I started the post with “I can only assume” then?  Because you and other posters seem to have skipped over that point in your rush to arms about missing one comment Jorg made.  So, I was wrong on the reason, well, one of the reasons anyway.  But all that changes nothing about the high level of complaints from both users and third party developers, and Jorg has tried to keep a lid on his frustration with it but has failed more than once in the Q&A streams.  I may not have caught the announcement you mentioned (somehow that’s something that definitely couldn’t have been missed by anyone even with plenty of other stuff to read and watch and do day to day, it seems) but clearly there’s lot of people that are missing far more important things than that which are not one off videos, or comments.

There’s plenty of issues for people to complain about still and unsurprisingly plenty of complaints from users and devs to go along with them two years in which are fed up with Asobo’s performance so far, that’s a fact.  I’ve seen more than one dev complain about Asobo’s actions and I couldn’t count the users I’ve seen fed up with Asobo’s handling of the sim, but of course there’s also plenty of people who don’t really care about a quality, reliable sim too, especially when it comes to this particular one and the large influx of people that think it’s really super, just such a polished product after two years.  That’ll be where some of you are getting your ideas that there’s not many complaints from.  Asobo need to get their act together, hire people who know what they are doing, or of course they could continue to coast along on all the users that don’t care or know any better.

You are free to criticise Asobo all you want for seemingly not attending to all the pet issues you think that needs attending quickly enough, but others are free to respond. It's very very clear that a great majority of MSFS users, along with those of us who've used many sims over our years, feel that MSFS is of a great usable quality as it stands. Yes we're aware of issues that still need looking into, and we're also perfectly aware that it's not "polished", but not to the point where we need to keep shouting and moaning about it constantly, since the *overall* MSFS experience is just too good as it stands compared to any other sim, in our opinions. To say that we "don't really care about a quality, reliable sim" is disingenuous and silly.

For whatever reasons you really seem to be trying to make us all believe there are a great many like you, but we don't since we're also well too aware of how vocal minorities work.. but here's a thought, if you're fed up with MSFS why not try other flight sims that are not handled like Asobo is handling MSFS?

Yes I noticed you started with "I can only assume" (and that's why I called it out as such), but I'm sorry, if you come in here with assumptions like "they are getting tired of people complaining about how poor a job they are doing and are more than ever trying to cut that down as much as possible" then don't be surprised when people consider it farcical. And re: your statement above "and Jorg has tried to keep a lid on his frustration with it but has failed more than once in the Q&A streams" is another example, you seem to have quite the Asobo insider knowledge don't you lol.

• Like 12

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

11 hours ago, spacedyemeerkat said:

Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan. Literally every post of yours in this thread is moaning about something. My goodness.

Just go and do some flying, take your mind off it.

Have you also noticed that I so desperately want to but each time I try there is another CTD or some performance issues that I have to deal with yet again. Not to mention the terrible live weather and degraded graphics we have now. So I have to patiently wait until they make it a priority to restore the sim quality and fix the bugs and performance issues introduced since release while they introduce more sci-fi ships and keep the newcomers happy.

18 hours ago, enright said:

BTW - I'm surprised that Ireland has more passenger traffic than the UK. I get that it's a huge hub, but I thought Heathrow was much busier that either Dublin or Shannon. 

I strongly suspect this is because those numbers are for passengers carried by airlines registered to each country (not for flights landing in each country) -- and Ryanair, which is registered in Ireland, carries a huge number of passengers every day.

9 hours ago, Moana Lisa said:

Have you also noticed that I so desperately want to but each time I try there is another CTD or some performance issues that I have to deal with yet again. Not to mention the terrible live weather and degraded graphics we have now. So I have to patiently wait until they make it a priority to restore the sim quality and fix the bugs and performance issues introduced since release while they introduce more sci-fi ships and keep the newcomers happy.

If almost every time you start the sim you're getting  a ctd the problem is more than likely on your end with either a hardware or some sort of third party conflict. If you cant fly specifically for those reasons i suggest you move your focus to fixing those underlying issues then. 

Apart from that the other sims are available for you to purchase and use if the graphics is that degraded for you. 

I used to be like you ..last year .. making a whole lot of noise about Asobo not doing proper QA and the like but you know what ? You complaining  does what except raising your blood pressure and making you look like the local nuisance on the forums ?

Sim is not perfect and some decisions the developers make may not be in your specific interest.. however it is still very much usable and in case it is not usable find out what you can do to make it usable for you in the mean time or take a deep breath .. exhale and find something else to do .. 

Not having a go at you specifically  but just think about what i said about what "in sim" benefits you're getting for complaining on the forums.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Viotek 3440x1440p Freesync / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

So MSFS now has a photogrammetry somewhere that Google Maps doesn't, Key Largo.