Sign in to follow this  
joeym4130

Repeating last phrase in loop every time I right click

This one i can't figure out...been using Pilot2ATC with no problems in MSFS 2020 as the host for a long time now.

The only change to my system was removing my old saitek throttles and replacing with a new Honeycomb Bravo. No software additions (I didn't even install honeycomb drivers). But my first flight following this occurred when using the say it interface:

If I right click and hold to move the POV around in MSFS, Pilot2ATC will repeat the last phrase sent, and this will happen forever. Whether I'm right-click-hold and drag to pan view, or just right clicking one time the result is the same. Example; if my last ATC contact was "Spirit 32 climbing to FL320" - every time I right click it will repeat that phrase with ATC responding back to it until I send a new phrase and then the looping continues with whatever was last said. And it's not instant. Sometimes the right click will have a delay of 1-3 seconds before the unintended readback happens

If i alt+tab out of MSFS to make Pilot2ATC active window and right click , it functions normally. Only is happening with a right click while MSFS is the active window..I made sure to remove any mouse or keyboard shortcut bindings from Pilot2ATC when I was trying to troubleshoot it myself.

Happened on every flight since the bravo install. I did install the latest Pilot2ATC over the old install ( I was a version behind) but no change to the problem. Seems like a really weird one! Suggestions appreciated!

1 hour ago, joeym4130 said:

This one i can't figure out...been using Pilot2ATC with no problems in MSFS 2020 as the host for a long time now.

The only change to my system was removing my old saitek throttles and replacing with a new Honeycomb Bravo. No software additions (I didn't even install honeycomb drivers). But my first flight following this occurred when using the say it interface:

If I right click and hold to move the POV around in MSFS, Pilot2ATC will repeat the last phrase sent, and this will happen forever. Whether I'm right-click-hold and drag to pan view, or just right clicking one time the result is the same. Example; if my last ATC contact was "Spirit 32 climbing to FL320" - every time I right click it will repeat that phrase with ATC responding back to it until I send a new phrase and then the looping continues with whatever was last said. And it's not instant. Sometimes the right click will have a delay of 1-3 seconds before the unintended readback happens

If i alt+tab out of MSFS to make Pilot2ATC active window and right click , it functions normally. Only is happening with a right click while MSFS is the active window..I made sure to remove any mouse or keyboard shortcut bindings from Pilot2ATC when I was trying to troubleshoot it myself.

Happened on every flight since the bravo install. I did install the latest Pilot2ATC over the old install ( I was a version behind) but no change to the problem. Seems like a really weird one! Suggestions appreciated!

Just guessing but I am thinking something in the button config is incorrect with the new device you added.

this forum doesn't support pictures except off somewhere else.

Related may be the setting at the bottom of btns config "Require P2A or SIM Focus"

I think maybe you have a SayIT hotkey setup somehow.

Because you added a new device then maybe the order or device codes have been changed but P2A doesn't know this.

On 6/15/2022 at 9:21 AM, pretendOr said:

I have the exact same problem. I already cleared all the hotkey buttons, but still the same issue.

Yep no solution found yet, program now unusable unless I want to hear "with you at flight level 370" 400 times per flight. I tried updating fsuipc , clearing all bindings in msfs, making sure I have no hotkeys bound in p2atc. Dunno I'm at a loss. Only happens on right click.

Edited by joeym4130

You can try deleting the AppConfig.xml file which holds all the Config settings.  It could have been corrupted and is causing this issue.

Default settings will be used until you go into Config and choose different ones.

The AppConfig.xml file is located at:
c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Dave

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 10:46 AM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

You can try deleting the AppConfig.xml file which holds all the Config settings.  It could have been corrupted and is causing this issue.

Default settings will be used until you go into Config and choose different ones.

The AppConfig.xml file is located at:
c:\users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Settings\AppConfig.xml
where <UserName> is your PC user name.
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.

Dave

This did the trick! Thank you!!

Good afternoon, I am having this issue as well. I was running beta 6 and now am on 7B.  Issue occurred with both versions.  I have cleared out my appconfig.xml as well as confirmed all button bindings are cleared. 

It's getting rather annoying hearing the voice "check in" with Center every time I try to use my mouse.

Any help would be appreciated

The only other thing I can think of that could cause repetitive "Check ins" would be if the radio frequencies are changing back and forth between the assigned one and another one.  Every time it switches to the assigned one, the copilot will make the initial call for you.

Sometimes a tug of war between the plane and P2A causes the back and forth of the frequencies.  Changing it in the aircraft sometimes solves the problem.

The only other solution would be to turn off  the copilot, but then you'd have to make all the calls.

Dave

This is still a thing.  It's happened both with the CRJ and the 737-800.
Didn't happen with the C208.

(Sorry to resurrect a necro-post, but I was wondering if a solution ever presented itself for this.  I can't 100% reliably repeat the error.)

Edited by Slaintemaith

I've made some headway on this, and it's weird.  In Aerosoft's CRJ 900, I can (with the ignore master/power switched enabled) enter the jet, connect to P2ATC, and begin to hear ATIS.  If I drag with my mouse while right-clicking, the view changes per normal and nothing else.
When I enable power to the aircraft and right-click drag the mouse, ATIS interrupts and begins repeating it's loop every time I let go.  Leave the mouse alone, move it, left click, left click drag, right click--they all do nothing untoward to P2ATC.  
Same aircraft and place in MSFS, I can then disable the master/power switches settings in P2ATC.  No ATIS with power off.  With power ON, ATIS comes alive, and right-click dragging results in ATIS chopping off mid sentence.  It will begin to repeat only if you right click and drag again, but always chops off around the first word/syllable.

This might be something machine specific for all I know, but it's a relatively fresh install of windows 11.  Which means I might not have some obscure .net update for...I have no idea.
I guess the next steps are to start switching off addons to see if anything is conflicting.

I figured it out!
So I have a Honeycomb Alpha which MSFS assigns commands to automagically.
This tends to play hell with things at times, since the commands for the power switches that MSFS sees might not be the same that Aerosoft's CRJ sees.  The point is the switches weren't powering on the CRJ, but some parts of the CRJ weren't responding properly when the status of my Alpha conflicted with the status of the controls in the aircraft.
A victim was P2ATC's sound.  Might also be responsible for other embuggerances.