Sign in to follow this  
Todd2

Beech 18 available in Marketplace!

9 hours ago, wim123 said:

well if you dont want any system depth carenado is very ok, always looks good.

it is the different stuff for different people again.

It's 15 USD.  I can't even get out of a restaurant that cheap anymore if I'm eating alone 😅.

• Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

It's 15 USD.  I can't even get out of a restaurant that cheap anymore if I'm eating alone 😅.

If you're eating anywhere near that range, you're typically getting defrosted industrial food.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

The issue with Carenado in MSFS is that they issue very limited patches for their aircraft. It's night and day compared to e.g. the Just Flight Arrow.

That is true. I've had many Carenado aircraft over the years as they look good and have enough complexity for my tastes. But, if something is wrong, it often stays wrong for a long time or forever. Like one of their MSFS aircraft that I got in the marketplace (I don't remember which one), if you use a specific (red?) livery, the tablet can't be made visible. After a long time, that still hasn't been fixed.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

5 minutes ago, Johnny Wyatt said:

If you're eating anywhere near that range, you're typically getting defrosted industrial food.

If I go to McDonald's I can though lol.  Is that defrosted industrial rat meat?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Carenado is pretty much the defrosted industrial food of aircraft addons. Looks superficially fine, is functional, just a bit bland.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

16 hours ago, Alvega said:

Does it have PMS50 GTN integration?

Does it ?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Just now, warbirds said:

Does it ?

No.  I think it did in P3D.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

37 minutes ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

I don't think the Seneca ever had a patch and it is still the most serviceable plane in my hanger.

sp

The Seneca still has some issues such as a bugged autopilot that can't be properly engaged in climb (aircraft will dive by -1000 fpm or more before reaching the commanded fpm).

Now that they got the Beech 18 out the door hopefully they will get back to "the wait is almost over" PC12!

• Like 1

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Wish they'd hurry up with the Cheyenne, 441, C210, and Malibu!

I know I'm not asking for much 😁

• Like 1

Looks great as usual. Sounds are absolutely horrible. I spent many hours in them, and the sounds need a major re-do. Never heard a Beech 18 that sounds like this! LOL! I also cannot get the pilot to appear. All the liveries show, but no pilot. 😞 I have this plane in FSX and it seems to be a better plane in FSX. Hope they continue to work on it.

Don

On 6/15/2022 at 12:49 AM, Lord Farringdon said:

The Tongan Defence force even had one!! 

Has anybody shut an engine down to see how it behaves asymmetrically? 

Edit: 

Although I should add in relation to His Majesty's Tongan Defence Services: 

"The Air Force was established in 1996 and operates one Beechcraft G.18S aircraft in the maritime patrol and search and rescue roles, and an American Champion Citabria light trainer.[1] The current position of the HMAF air wing is unclear but both aircraft have not been active for a long time.[2] Tonga is looking for a replacement for the ancient G18S"

Cheers

Terry

I wish this was a G18S model!!!

Don

I’m curious how one should go about landing this beast?

I can set the Boeing 247 down beautifully, but this seems to bounce, gyrate, tip on one wing, etc. no matter my approach speed?

To avoid the bounce you want to push forward upon touching with the main wheels.

Regarding lateral drift, I haven't figured that out yet 😅

• Like 1