Sign in to follow this  
kazeekayo

Logitech extreme 3d pro/fbw a320 sensitivity

I want to fly the Fenix a320 but honestly the sounds are awful. It ruins it for me. So quiet! The rumble of the startup and the great sounds FBW have. So I have gone back to the FBW A320. But now I’m having this weird problem where the autopilot in cruise and climb will just randomly disconnect and can’t be turned back on. It’s super annoying. I believe it’s a joystick sensitivity setting problem or dead zone. Can someone who has a Logitech 3d extreme please share their joystick sensitivity settings that are proven to work? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

I fly both, and can say that there must be something wrong somewhere if you Fenix sounds are awful, because they the sounds are excellent imo. as for your AP disconnecting increase the deadzones of your joystick.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

It’s a great aircraft and it’s very loud outside and some sounds are good. But engine start and shutdown etc are very quiet

anyways what’s a good dead zone setting ? 

2 hours ago, kazeekayo said:

So I have gone back to the FBW A320. But now I’m having this weird problem where the autopilot in cruise and climb will just randomly disconnect and can’t be turned back on. It’s super annoying. I believe it’s a joystick sensitivity setting problem or dead zone.

You may have some intermittent spiking with your stick. If you use FSUIPC, there's a "Filter" option to reduce spiking on a per-axis basis.

Again - if you use FSUIPC, I wrote a LUA script that you can use to disable/freeze all flight inputs whilst in a/p mode:
https://flightsim.to/file/31296/autopilot-freeze-controls-lua-scripts

I find it quite useful when setting up/taking screenshots as I often move the stick whilst operating the POV hats for views.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

15 hours ago, kazeekayo said:

I want to fly the Fenix a320 but honestly the sounds are awful. It ruins it for me. So quiet! The rumble of the startup and the great sounds FBW have. So I have gone back to the FBW A320. But now I’m having this weird problem where the autopilot in cruise and climb will just randomly disconnect and can’t be turned back on. It’s super annoying. I believe it’s a joystick sensitivity setting problem or dead zone. Can someone who has a Logitech 3d extreme please share their joystick sensitivity settings that are proven to work? I’d really appreciate it. Thanks!

The Fenix sounds like the real aircraft, guess you don't care for that sound. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The Fenix sounds like the real aircraft, guess you don't care for that sound. 

That is correct. Would you rather have your favorite food the way it’s prepared normally even though you hate it or sprinkle m and m’s and horseradish sauce on it (lmao) and enjoy it the way you like it?