Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

Jörg Neumann regarding the 40th anniversary

4 hours ago, Moana Lisa said:

and get silenced in the process. Do you think I've always been this grumpy since MSFS launched? 

Uh, yes?

I mean, complaining about MSFS is the only reason you made your account here. Since your first post on this forum, you've done nothing but complain.

• Like 2

On 6/19/2022 at 8:46 PM, Tuskin38 said:

It's realistic. Go visit the tropics sometime.

I could also have said that your water look like a cartoon color. l Can also talk about the color of the sky by the way.It is my personal feeling...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, filou said:

I could also have said that your water look like a cartoon color. l Can also talk about the color of the sky by the way.It is my personal feeling...

I'm not sure I understand your issue with the various water colors though. Isn't it completely natural to have a range of different colors? As I'm no expert on the subject, I'll quote Wikipedia: 

“The “color” of the ocean is determined by the interactions of incident light with substances or particles present in the water. White light from the sun is made up of a combination of colors, which are broken apart by water droplets in a ‘rainbow’ spectrum. When light hits the water surface, the different colors are absorbed, transmitted, scattered, or reflected in differing intensities by water molecules and other so-called optically-active constituents in suspension in the upper layer of the ocean."

mRl159Q.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

7 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I'm not sure I understand your issue with the various water colors though. Isn't it completely natural to have a range of different colors? As I'm no expert on the subject, I'll quote Wikipedia: 

“The “color” of the ocean is determined by the interactions of incident light with substances or particles present in the water. White light from the sun is made up of a combination of colors, which are broken apart by water droplets in a ‘rainbow’ spectrum. When light hits the water surface, the different colors are absorbed, transmitted, scattered, or reflected in differing intensities by water molecules and other so-called optically-active constituents in suspension in the upper layer of the ocean."

mRl159Q.jpg

Since the release of MSFS, the color of the sea, the color of the sky, the light, the color of the clouds and the shape of the clouds have changed. the subtle balance that made MSFS breathtaking! does not exist anymore. MSFS has been washed and medium to several levels.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

7 minutes ago, filou said:

Since the release of MSFS, the color of the sea, the color of the sky, the light, the color of the clouds and the shape of the clouds have changed. the subtle balance that made MSFS breathtaking! does not exist anymore. MSFS has been washed and medium to several levels.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

48 minutes ago, filou said:

I read a lot of these claims about "regression" in the visuals of MSFS, but we never see any real evidence for that. Can you provide some screenshots for these changes?

I've been flying in MSFS since the Alpha, and I never noticed any dramatic changes overall.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Der Zeitgeist said:

I read a lot of these claims about "regression" in the visuals of MSFS, but we never see any real evidence for that. Can you provide some screenshots for these changes?

I've been flying in MSFS since the Alpha, and I never noticed any dramatic changes overall.

I agree.  I think people who say the water is different, should post screenshots comparing MSFS on release in August of 2020, to MSFS of today.  The screenshots should be at the same location, same weather condition, and same time of day, same height, same angle, etc, so we have a controlled comparison.  Then we can help diagnose the screenshots.

I wouldn't be surprised when Bing Maps is updated, the data for the water color may also get updated with new Bing data. There may be a few select locations in the world where this happens.  But I think in general, the water is mostly the same between release and today.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

6 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I agree.  I think people who say the water is different, should post screenshots comparing MSFS on release in August of 2020, to MSFS of today.  The screenshots should be at the same location, same weather condition, and same time of day, same height, same angle, etc, so we have a controlled comparison.  Then we can help diagnose the screenshots.

I wouldn't be surprised when Bing Maps is updated, the data for the water color may also get updated with new Bing data. There may be a few select locations in the world where this happens.  But I think in general, the water is mostly the same between release and today.

Also from what I remember, they changed the way the wind affects the water.. so now it takes much more wind to get the real wavy good looking ocean, opposed to the flat glass like textures when the wind isn't as strong. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, filou said:
On 6/20/2022 at 12:16 AM, Tuskin38 said:

It's realistic. Go visit the tropics sometime.

Are you sure you've got all your fancy filters and reshade mods and the funny things you use to take screenshots, off, while flying in msfs? Those things were needed in xplane /orbx sceneries to make them look good but definitely not needed in msfs. Imho. 

54 minutes ago, saifs said:

Are you sure you've got all your fancy filters and reshade mods and the funny things you use to take screenshots, off, while flying in msfs? Those things were needed in xplane /orbx sceneries to make them look good but definitely not needed in msfs. Imho. 

You haven't even been able to see the subtle global change since the release of msfs. You're really not a good point of reference for me.

1 hour ago, filou said:

You haven't even been able to see the subtle global change since the release of msfs. You're really not a good point of reference for me.

Still don't see any screenshots here to support your claims.

Edited by Der Zeitgeist
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, filou said:

You're really not a good point of reference for me.

Am most certainly not, you got that right at least. I really have no idea what colour every inch of sky should look like at 40,000 ft at every temperature and wind condition or what colour the oceans and sea should be every sq foot. Respect for you as you seem to know 👍

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the sim for what it is and look forward to what's to come. 

Btw I was much better looking two years back than I am now 😉😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saifs said:

Am most certainly not, you got that right at least. I really have no idea what colour every inch of sky should look like at 40,000 ft at every temperature and wind condition or what colour the oceans and sea should be every sq foot. Respect for you as you seem to know 👍

Meanwhile, I'll continue to enjoy the sim for what it is and look forward to what's to come. 

Btw I was much better looking two years back than I am now 😉😂

I can still tell the difference between two years ago and today. I also know the difference between interesting and useless. )

3 minutes ago, filou said:

I can still tell the difference between two years ago and today. I also know the difference between interesting and useless. )

Bro, you've been on this for days. It's time to put the comparative screenshots up or give it a rest.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

Just now, filou said:

I can still tell the difference between two years ago and today.

But how do we know you're not hallucinating or your eyesight has gotten worse if you still don't provide any screenshots?

Every week someone turns up here claiming that the "textures are garbage compared to last year", or "the clouds look awful compared to the alpha" or whatever. What these threads almost all have in common is that they don't provide screenshots that would allow us to compare.

• Like 2