Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

FS Flightcontrol and MFS...

Came accross it and wonder if it runs nicely with MFS ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello, yes it works fine and it's updated regularly (see below for more info about that 😱)

There is a 14 days free trial, so you should probably start with that to see if it matches your need because it's a bit of a special program with a somewhat strange UI 🙃

Now if i may say something that is not about the product in itself but might be useful for others too based on my own experience with it. Due to its price that is not really cheap, it's something i really hesitated before purchasing but then finally bought it from simmarket. all fine. Then, after one year, i received a mail from FSFlightcontrol saying that if i want to keep updating the program i had the pay again (can't remember the price) because the 1 year update support was over. Thankfully, I can still use my old version as long as it works though but if one day it can't connect anymore to MSFS due to internal sim's changes it's over.

So to be clear, i have no problem with companies charging for yearly support, but we need to know about it clearly BEFORE buying the tool, in this specific case i just checked again on simmarket there is no mention at all about that (unless i missed it), and i honestly wouldn't have bought it if i knew support was only for 1 year. Well just a head up, probably not important for most.

Note that after searching for 10 minutes on their official site if found a little mention written in very small that updates are only for 1 year, but this info should really be made clear for people buying from other stores because they will never see that. I felt a bit cheated 😱😛 .. well no no worry at all, but yeah i think it's better to know before hand 👍.

🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 2

@Bad_T, 

thank you so much for taking the time to answer and provide all of the insight !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I use it and would hate to be without it. I used it in FSX and FSW before MSFS. Mine is updated.

What BadT mentions is worth noting, though I bought it straight from their website.

There's one other thing to consider and I don't know if this has changed since I last paid (it may have because I think it use to be 2yr. license). If you let your license expire and then try to renew a couple months later, the new license is shortened by the time you didn't have the license current. EXAMPLE: If you bought on Jan.1,2020 and then come Jan.1, 2021 you didn't renew your subscription, but instead just continue to use the product  you are stuck at the version when your subscription ran out and it continues to work at that version.  If you then decided  June 1, 2021 to renew, your renewed license would still end Jan.1, 2022 (not June 2022 as you'd expect).

Again, all that may have changed since I last renewed and extending the license use to run for 2yrs. You would have to email them to get the exact details.

• Like 1

James

I have multiple controller settings defined in MSFS - based on whether the aircraft needs specific binds (like reverser or tiller).

Does FS Flightcontrol allow you to load corresponding MSFS *controller* profiles when selecting an FS Flightcontrol aircraft/profile?

I think X-Plane allows you to bind specific controller settings on a per-aircraft basis - it'd be great to have this facility in MSFS.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

9 hours ago, Phantoms said:

There's one other thing to consider and I don't know if this has changed since I last paid (it may have because I think it use to be 2yr. license). If you let your license expire and then try to renew a couple months later, the new license is shortened by the time you didn't have the license current. EXAMPLE: If you bought on Jan.1,2020 and then come Jan.1, 2021 you didn't renew your subscription, but instead just continue to use the product  you are stuck at the version when your subscription ran out and it continues to work at that version.  If you then decided  June 1, 2021 to renew, your renewed license would still end Jan.1, 2022 (not June 2022 as you'd expect).

Again, all that may have changed since I last renewed and extending the license use to run for 2yrs. You would have to email them to get the exact details.

I'm sort of accustomed to that "licensing mode" from RL work, and dealing with all sorts of software and hardware licensing 😕

16 minutes ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I have multiple controller settings defined in MSFS - based on whether the aircraft needs specific binds (like reverser or tiller).

Does FS Flightcontrol allow you to load corresponding MSFS *controller* profiles when selecting an FS Flightcontrol aircraft/profile?

I think X-Plane allows you to bind specific controller settings on a per-aircraft basis - it'd be great to have this facility in MSFS.

I don't think this software is meant for controller settings "profiling" ( ? )

It's "Control" more in the sense of controlling your flight situations / events, but I might be wrong ?...

Edited by jcomm

Main Simulation Rig: