Sign in to follow this  
tup61

WU V: Nordics: partially installed...?

I installed WU X today and noticed that after also updating everything in the Content Manager 'WU V: Nordics' shows up as PARTIALLY INSTALLED. And to the right of it stands DOWNLOAD AVAILABLE 8,50MIB (+ 8,68MIB ON DISK).

So I clicked on INSTALL and it seemed to download some stuff and install it but after that I kept on reading PARTIALLY INSTALLED...

So I completely uninstalled the entire WU V: Nordics update and then installed it again brand new... still have the PARTIALLY INSTALLED message...!

Er...?

Anyone knows how to get it completely installed? It's only missing some 8,50 plus 8,68 Mb so it can't be much but Norway is my favorite area: 50% of my flights are done over there, so I'd really like to get this scenery installed completely!

Did you by chance remove the eight photogrammetry items due to improved performance? I guess it is related to this, I did and forgot to add them prior updating the sim. Did the same approach as you, now you need to exit the sim and re-install those 8.5Mib again, then it will show again as fully installed.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Same thing happened to me so I just exited MSFS and restarted the program then was able to download the whole thing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

15 minutes ago, northtexas said:

Same thing happened to me so I just exited MSFS and restarted the program then was able to download the whole thing.

Same here

1pc:WIN11/64, MSFS,PF3,TRacKir5,SPAD Next,FSUIPC 7,GSX
I7-12700KF/32Gb DDR4 3600MHz/ASUS ROG 2070 SUPER OC/GEKOGS105/Alpha Flight Control/CH throttle,Ped/SAITEK InstR/Radio Panel
2pc:WIN10 LNM,remote text program,pf3 display

38 minutes ago, PuffeB said:

Same here

Same here.

Initially I tried to install but it still showed partially installed, so I rebooted and tried again. Now it shows installed and I presume it is ok…

• Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yeah the MSFS updates process...:rolleyes:    It's buggy sometimes. Same happened here on Nordics.

But beforehand i already had a problem.
Launched the game, message: needs to be updated through the Store.
Went to the Store, no update available, game is up to date.
Reloaded the game, message: game needs to be updated through the Store.
Reloaded the Store, no update available, game is up to date.
Rebooting...re-opening Store... ah there it is... update available.

Why just not one click update?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

2 hours ago, AnkH said:

Did you by chance remove the eight photogrammetry items due to improved performance?

No.

1 hour ago, northtexas said:

1 hour ago, cteixeira said:

Same here

1 hour ago, PuffeB said:

Same here

59 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Same here

50 minutes ago, Dermot McClusky said:

Same here

So... er... what should I do...? JUST KIDDING! Thanks for the help, I will try again after the next restart! :)

• Like 1

Same here. But one pc had 29 items to install while the other only had 7 items to install.

Several European PG cities, several airports and several bushflights…

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

It worked like a charm after a restart. Thanks all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

It worked like a charm after a restart. Thanks all!

Same here!

• Like 1

well that was my first ever bizarre update issue since launch. restarted as suggested and downloaded a whopping 8MB to complete the installation. OK 😆

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

6 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

well that was my first ever bizarre update issue since launch. restarted as suggested and downloaded a whopping 8MB to complete the installation. OK 😆

Yes, come to think of it, this was my first ever update 'problem' too! I can't complain. 😉