Sign in to follow this  
blaunarwal

NVidia 516.40 Problem

You are lucky, Bluestar. Not me. Fortunately NVIDIA has noted the problem as an open Issue.

• [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes.

Best.

Miquel.

Well I had this problem immediately with my RTX 2070 Super Card on my system. I noted it was more a problem also with some effects - such as older ones or specially created effects on airports etc. Flashing boxes. What caught me by surprise is I do a fair bit of bush flying into unprepared or rough strips (yep even in jets) and the effect of dirt or dust plumes was reduced to stupid boxes. I also had a major dynamic lighting come up as a huge almost translucent square from the VC that was not possible to get rid off until you became airborne. 

I reverted back to an earlier driver 471.96 like Ray and quite frankly cannot see any reason to update again. I am not using the system for anything else but Flt Sim no other games and it is now all back to normal and I have dustm water trails etc when on rough, dirt or wet strips and no more weird flashing lights. 

Edited by coastaldriver

my philosophy with drivers and P3D 9talking about the P3D only now) is that P3D only gets like maybe one or two updates a year if that. Nvidia update their drivers about 8 times a year. So for me, I want to be using the same drivers for the version of P3D I am using, that was being used during the creation and testing of that version. Which usually means, whatever the date its released, I wont use a driver beyond that date and I will want to use the driver from between 2-4 months prior to its release. So the last update came was from December so I want to using a driver from August - September or anything up to December. Ive always done this and never had an issue with P3D driver related. Only when Ive used the latest drivers do I find issues in P3D and windows. I will always recommend the same to anyone, but then, everyone has a different pc set up and a varied Windows OS set up as well... so its so hard to gauge one result will solve everyones issues... 

• Like 1

I’m glad I found this thread- I did a fresh install of p3d to do some recurrent training with the PMDG 737 (believe it or not, the MSFS 737-700 can’t seem to fly an engine out profile, and is almost unflyable)- and noticed the graphical squares. Wonder if there will be a fix in drivers or do we just replace some effect file.

Brendan R, KDXR PHNL KJFK

Type rated: SF34 / DH8 (Q400) / DC9 717 MD-88/ B767 (CFI/II/MEI/ATP)

Majestic Software Q400 Beta Team / Pilot Consultant / Twitter @violinvelocity

Go back to the drivers before 516.40.  The problem is currently on Nvidia’s open issues list to fix. 

And the moral of this story? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

New Driver today 516.93. Still remains as an open issue.

No luck.

Best.

Miquel.

Edited by miguelpp
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, miguelpp said:

No luck.

Best.

Miquel.

Same problem, though with the studio driver..fflashing  polygons, irregular fps...the sim does not run with these new drivers. I am wondering whether P3D is at the end of the line as far as future Nvidia drivers are concerned. This is two updates in a row that are incompatable with P3D.

As noted above it is best to stick with the 512 series...

Sherm

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, miguelpp said:

No luck.

Best.

Miquel.

Didn't they say the light source flashing was going to get fixed with this driver? Also did anyone notice this driver is not mentioned on the official Nvidia forum? 😕

On 7/23/2022 at 4:33 AM, W2DR said:

And the moral of this story? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

For the record, I gave you a thousand likes, but it only registered as one.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Didn't they say the light source flashing was going to get fixed with this driver? Also did anyone notice this driver is not mentioned on the official Nvidia forum? 😕

516.93 is mentioned as a Studio Driver. I think we have to wait for the Game-Ready driver.

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

I'm definitely in the "if it ain't broke don't fix it camp" but just in case I'm missing something....
How exactly will P3D be improved once this latest driver gets fixed and installed compared to simply sticking with an earlier driver (512.95 for example) that does not have this "light source flashing" problem?

Lloyd

Edited by Noell

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Good news, NVIDIA GeForce 516.94 WHQL fixes this issue.

Here are the change logs :

Fixed Issues

• [Apex Legends] Improves gameplay stability. [3661210]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2] Performance improvement when using DLSS is lower compared to previous drivers. [3700239]
  • [Overwatch] Game may freeze on launching a match. [3696921]
  • [MSI GE66 Raider 10UG/MSI GE76 Raider 10UH] Windows brightness setting does not work when notebook is in dedicated GPU mode. [3693207] [3693211]
  • [Chivalry 2] Toggling DLSS preset may cause gameplay to shimmer or show black rectangle. [3692024]
  • [Dungeons 3] Game will crash on startup. [3691274]
  • [Destiny 2] Game may randomly freeze after launching game or during gameplay. [3685638]
  • [Prepar3D] Light sources display flashing black boxes. [3684206]
  • [Xbox Application] Windowed G-SYNC engages and cause stutter/ sluggish performance in Xbox app. [3674419]
  • [NVIDIA Ampere GPU]: With the GPU connected to an HDMI 2.1 audio/video receiver, audio may drop out when playing back Dolby Atmos. [3345965]