Sign in to follow this  
TonyB

Ultimate Traffic X anybody?

has anyone tried Ultimate Traffic for FSX yet? it was released on monday june 4 but i can't find any feedback anywhere. even their forum is kind of dead. no comments, screenies, nothing.i am talking about that new release and not the older one that was moved over from FS9.there are only a few screenshots on the flight1 website and not many more that i can find when i use google. can anyone provide some more screenies? and how is the fps hit using UTX?does it include general aviation traffic? are the airplanes completely reworked or the same as in the older version (they seem to look better than the older ones on the screenshots that i could find).i used MyTraffic with FS9 but haven't quite decided which one to go with for FSX.comments would be highly appreciated!thanks.

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Interested to hear comments as well.Thanks.

I have been waiting for UTX, bought it (upgrade was 10 bucks) and now I am where I was with FS9 except that everything is way better! UT was always a solid product so not much could be done to improve it. Repaints look very good, GA flights are configured as before and frame rates are seemingly not affected.The interface is unchanged,which is to say it is still excellent. Not much more to say except that now I have UT in FSX. nuff said :)FSX happy camper

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

Guest firehawk44

I agree with jjjallen....

any chance you guys could provide a few screenshots, pleeeeaaaase???THANKS!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

I'm not sure why this is stated, because GA traffic is certainly a compile option with UT-X and they appear in FSX when compiled.Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

thanks alot. what i'd like to see though are some close-ups of the ai traffic. i would like to see how those airplanes compare to the ones in MyTraffic (visually). maybe a few Boeings and Airbuses??thanks!

Denis Kosbeck

KPHX

Ask any UT owner and they will tell you that the AI repaints are the best available. Also, the UI has an update option that you can run occasionally to add (or replace) repaints as they become available.The quality of the AI planes is why UT owners are such big fans.Note, this was not a paid for addy. :)jjjallen

Jim Allen
support@skypilot.biz
SkyPilot Software home of FSXAssist / P3DAssist

LionheartVictoryBanner02s-369x97.png

No way. Anyone serious about AI puts Ultimate Traffic at the very bottom of the list and uses some of the better free stuff like World Of AI. The UT models and repaints have historically been very bad, certainly not worth shelling out money for.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

:* I just got this package installed yesterday and did a few flight using benchmark scenarios that I use to gauge progress in the never ending battle of finding an acceptable balance between FPS and texture loading (the blurries) in FSX-SP1.I have a single CPU P4/3GHz/2GB/ATI1650-AGP-512MB rig that worked very well for FS9, but FSX is another matter.Anyway, the impact on FPS is pretty tough with UTX on my rig. In situations were I could manage 15 FPS and decent texture loading I can now only manage 3-8 FPS with the Traffic set at 30-50% + minumum airport activity + 10% roads. Even with road and airport vehicle traffic off, no general aviation compiled in UTX, and 10% on the commerical air traffic slider my FPS decreased down to ~11. It is better at rural airports or in the air (only a ~1 FPS hit).I will keep tuning and trying but it looks like single CPU folks will not be able to fully enjoy UTX at realistic traffic levels at major airports. I guess the multi-core rigs should do much better.ToddP.S. The product installed, compiled and ran without a hitch.

MyTraffic has LOTS more airplane models (154+ against 40+ in UT), LOTS more companies (1400+ against 400+ in UT), more flightplans, 7800+ airports with traffic against 3000+ in UT, 3000+ liveries against 700+ in UT. Guess that says everything. Besides that MT also has military and amphibian traffic, UT doesn't. MyTraffic all the way.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I guess you have to expext that with ANY traffic addon. The same happened to me with MyTrafficX, i lose around 8 FPS in the big airports. KSEA with almost everything maxed out i had 20 FPS before MyTraffic, 12 after. Traffic at 80% airliners, 50% GA.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Guest Hocking

Is Ultimate Traffic supposed to release a completely new version of their traffic software that will be "FSX ONLY" in the future? UT definitely had the most realistic traffic package for FS9, but it appears as if they are falling behind quickly with their package for FSX. They simply patched their FS9 software to work with FSX. They should do a completely new software package designed entirely for FSX with new textures and things like that.I won't be buying any traffic package until after I build my next PC later this year (waiting for Penryn Processors to come out and some DX10 games, and maybe even a new Nvidia card beyond the 8800GTX). There is no sense trying to run traffic now on my four year old system.