Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine13

What are your thoughts about World update X ?

3 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

The title should be rewrote to "why do we need World Updates when we still have outstanding issues and not playable for me".

Why is it not payable for you?  I fly several hours a day, with no issues at all. Do you have problems with your PC, maybe? 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Once again this not a game, this is a Simulator.  Yes the world updates even though they are not mandatory, personally I would like to see some of the fixes that people are complaining about, especially the Traffic  and ATC.

Personally the only problem that I really have is the time it takes to download the sim, so I am a lucky one.

In the World Update X, what is your favorite or recommended area to fly ?  I will give it a shot.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

52 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Why is it not payable for you?  I fly several hours a day, with no issues at all. Do you have problems with your PC, maybe? 

I was referring to the OP. Its just fine for me

• Like 1

I have just put the update on my system. Couple of quick test flights - Florida Keys, KBID, KATL, San Diego and LA.

So far, I'm beyond disappointed. It may well be that the servers are having issues (although I haven't had any of the usual warning messages) but the photogrammetry is appalling to my eyes. I have removed everything from my community folders (and yes, I've done all the reboot/delete content xml etc stuff) so I know I have no clashes, and my settings are unchanged from before the install, and I think it looks awful in the Keys, San Diego and LA areas.  I'm not entirely sure if those particular areas have been updated, and I usually have a whole bunch of little tweaks in place for those places (along with Bijan's trees), but on my plain MSFS system they look horrible. KBID is ok, but I haven't compared it with the payware version yet. KATL also looked very melty on the smaller buildings, plus it initially gave me a CTD flying over the city centre, although that didn't happen on my second attempt.

I've turned the machine off now, too dis-heartened to continue tonight. What with this and the still seemingly continuing stutters and low frame rates post SU9 I'm beginning to feel a bit let down by MSFS. Still lovely out in the boondocks, but I can't go near anywhere built-up with PG on without wanting to kick my screen in. I've actually had a few XP flights around So-Cal this past week and enjoyed them way more than MSFS, and I didn't expect I'd be saying that by now.

I'll give it a couple of days and try again, and then if it still feels bad I'll maybe remove it. Shame, as some of the POIs (PsOI?) in the video looked interesting.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

14 minutes ago, andy1252 said:

but the photogrammetry is appalling to my eyes

What are you talking about..it's great 😂

"Take cover! The power station is melting down!"

gV5cIta.png

I love  PG but it was awful in the places i looked.   After the fantastic Spain. Portugal and Aus PG the new stuff in the US I saw was pretty appalling, some of the worst in the sim.  I turned it off after a while, and i never do that

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Sunshine13 said:

Generally speaking why do we need a world update 10 of the US, that is 5 GB's, when we have a Simulator that is almost 2 years old, and has some outstanding bugs, or fixes still out there. 

I would like to see ATC and traffic fixed, than  see some of these World Updates  Don,t get me wrong, I appreciate these beautiful world updates, and graphically the simulator is outstanding, 

Chip in, what are your thoughts and opinions of World Update X ?

Do you expect Bing team or orbx 3D modelers to fix ATC and traffic? 😄

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

i want more eye candy! Yeah, bugs like sweets too, so there's that.......

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Another user mentioned potential problems in New York so I took a flight from Laguardia and yes the bridges look like they have curtains hanging down underneath. I might see if I can get unload this update.

37 minutes ago, AOB said:

Another user mentioned potential problems in New York so I took a flight from Laguardia and yes the bridges look like they have curtains hanging down underneath. I might see if I can get unload this update.

Hasn’t it been this way for a long time there?

• Like 3

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Anyone seeing any odd behaviour with the PMDG since WU10  ??  [eg. loss of rudder, loss of brakes, flaps indicator needle not moving, strange A/T behaviour]

I will have another try but had a very odd first post WU10 experience last night. Startup/push went fine but after that had issues getting off the ramp! No other things touched config wise except WU10 came in.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

After this update I have a lot of stutters... Don't know why because I didn't have any until now...

As this is not a mandatory update (I assume) it looks like one to skip - like others I don't need another US update.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I took a tour of the Disney World area and that was impressive!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The US needed a great deal of work, and at last, Asobo has done it....I flew all over the West Coast today, it looks great. 

I was ready to dump sim off my hard drive - not now its very good - nice improvement - all about timing I guess 🙂 

Rich Sennett

6 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

As this is not a mandatory update (I assume) it looks like one to skip - like others I don't need another US update.

Bruce

Skip - Bruce not a good idea - looks like day and night to me

Rich Sennett