Sign in to follow this  
Guest robbo3066

World of AI error messages in FSX

Guest robbo3066

I have installed many of the World of AI packages but these now cause error messages when I load FSX.The errors tell me that I have multiple objects with the same name and that I should have unique names.I think the problem revolves around having repaints for more than one type of aircraft, but I don't know how to easily overcome the problem and would appreciate any suggestions.ThanksRob

As always, the best place to ask a product specific question is on the support forums of that product - www.world-of-ai.com -> World of AI Forum -> http://www.world-of-ai.com/Forum/index.phpThe error is caused by a discrepancy in the way FSX reads aircraft when loading.Something like 128 characters can be used for the aircraft title= entry and used in a traffic file so FSX can find the aircraft.However, when FS loads it checks only the first 25 characters of the aircraft title to determine if there are "duplicates".The WoA Packages are tested for this possibility before being released and it should not occur is the packages have only been installed once.The WoA Installer keeps track of the installed packages with a configuration file in the folder with the WOAI Installer.exe. If that file is messed up, deleted, etc. It is possible to install an airline a second time and have duplicate aircraft titles in the same aircraft.cfg file.Which package? Which aircraft?You need to check a specific aircraft.cfg file and see if you have accidentally installed an airline twice.

Guest Irishman

>It is possible to install an airline a second time and have >duplicate aircraft titles in the same aircraft.cfg file.>>Which package? Which aircraft?>>You need to check a specific aircraft.cfg file and see if you>have accidentally installed an airline twice.This happened to me with their recent Air France package and subsequent update. It also happened with some MAIW packages as well. You just need to pay attention to the aircraft the error message gives you and delete the appropriate section of the aircraft.cfg.

Guest robbo3066

Thanks Guys for your input. It is appreciated.Rob