Sign in to follow this  
Adrian West

Armi Project Muscat coastline error

I recently purchased Armi Project's Muscat for P3D as a launching point for the major Gulf destinations of Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha. On departure from Muscat during my first flight I spotted an error with the coastline close to the airport. As you can see from the screenshot there is a large square land tile jutting out into the sea where there should be a coastline. I have contacted the developer's email address listed on SimMarket (vtbs_support@hotmail.com), but received no response whatsoever. 

I run P3D with Orbx Global Vector and Open LC Africa. If I deactivate the Muscat scenery the coastline is shown correctly. If I reactivate the scenery the error reappears. I have also experimented moving the scenery to different positions in the scenery library, but this has no effect unless I move it below Global Vector - that brings back the coastline but introduces other visual errors, so this is clearly not the solution. My guess is there is an issue with one of the BGL files - however I am no developer and my understanding of these things is limited. I would appreciate it is somebody could advise how to fix this error which obviously mars the experience of flying in and out of Muscat. 

Thanks.

EDIT: I cannot seem to insert the image, so here is the link: https://ibb.co/8NcnQfg

Edited by Adrian West
Spelling

It could also be a problem of the terrain.cfg or autogen.cfg. Did you try the repair function of ORBX central? Also check, ORBX landclass are all below ORBX sceneries. 

In the front of the airport I also see two squares, not matching nicely. 

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Thanks Dan. 

From what I can tell my Orbx Landclass are below all of my Orbx sceneries. But I'm not sure how this is relevant as Muscat is not an Orbx scenery and there are none anywhere near the Gulf region! 

Please could you explain the repair function in Orbx Central - where do I find this? 

Thanks.

15 hours ago, Adrian West said:

Thanks Dan. 

From what I can tell my Orbx Landclass are below all of my Orbx sceneries. But I'm not sure how this is relevant as Muscat is not an Orbx scenery and there are none anywhere near the Gulf region! 

Please could you explain the repair function in Orbx Central - where do I find this? 

Thanks.

It can well have an influence, because of the global textures.

I'm not at home now so the repair function is somewhere under menu title "Help".

Edited by blaunarwal

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Now, I can tell exactly. Click on the rack-wheel, then on Help and there Synchronize Simulator.

• Like 1

Well I've just done the "repair" and it has made no difference. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the scenery, but the error is still present. With no response whatsoever from the developer (to 2 emails) I think I will just have to live with this visual bug. Disappointing, as the scenery package is otherwise quite good. Fortunately I am using Muscat only as a launching point to the main Gulf airports (Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Doha).