Sign in to follow this  
avhpilot

Will the smog of Mumbay (VABB) ever clear up?

Now and then I set my destination to VABB and every time the city is covered in gigantic smog.

I get that ......but perhaps it's a bit overdone? there are other cities as well with this 'feature'.

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

Indias always smoggy it has the most population in the world.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Having flown many times into many Indian cities (as a passenger) , the smog effect is pretty realistic. You can of course turn off live weather if you want to see the city in clear air. 

Always check the METAR / TAF and see how close to reality it looks in MFS.

Most of the time really close, IMH.

Just now:

VABB 161330Z 23008KT 3500 HZ FEW020 SCT025 FEW030CB 30/26 Q1004 NOSIG

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I actually never saw most Indian cities without hazy smog layer, from my many visits there. In fact, what's not realistic is how all the haze clearing up once you a bit outside the metar area.  

Roi Ben

Though it has improved somewhat, the smog is ever-present.  I think I recall only one day in my visits to India (for real) that there were close to clear skies in Mumbai.  The 1st time I was there (1999) and stepped outside the terminal, it was as though someone had just sat on my chest or I had smoked several packs of Marlboros.

Edited by RandallR

Randall Rocke