Sign in to follow this  
Fragtality

Introducing Pilot's Deck, a StreamDeck Plugin (for MSFS)

And you have put it in %appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins ?

Never heard of that error, there seems to be something wrong with your Installation. I'd recommend to ask Elgato directly, why your StreamDeck Software Installation does not recognize Plugins.

1 hour ago, Fragtality said:

I'd recommend to ask Elgato directly, why your StreamDeck Software Installation does not recognize Plugins

Will do.

Thanks

Martin

NB: Found it in roaming, I was looking in Local!

Edited by sauviat

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Well, I must say, I have updated the streamdeck to the latest version and I see Pilot'sDeck!

I am lost now as I have 5 profiles for the H145 which I use daily, so I'm not to sure what to do now.

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

Ah, glad to hear it works now! 🙂

Uhm okay ... but what was your motivation to install PilotsDeck then? Or respectively: what have you thought it will do when installed? 🤔

In most cases, people download it to use one of the premade Profiles or to create their own Profiles with it.
You don't seem to fall in either category. As far as I understood, you also seem to be happy with AAO and your Profiles. So I can't really tell what your benefits would be.
The only thing I could recommend based on my understanding: Play a little bit with it. Try to recreate some of your existing Buttons/Actions with PilotsDeck to get a "feeling" for it. Maybe you like PilotsDeck more and convert all your Actions/Profiles. Maybe some specific Actions are better with PilotsDeck and you use a mix of AAO and PilotsDeck Actions. Or you don't like it at all and stay completely with AAO 😉

In any case: If there is a specific Control/Action you want to implement, I can help you with that to get started 🙂 

On 11/22/2022 at 2:53 PM, Fragtality said:

No, I wasn't aware of that to be honest ^^

Don't know if I'm going to buy it, does not look like great price-to-value for me. Sure the 4 Knobs would be really really great for a FCU / MCP, but it really has only that. Besides that you're paying nearly XL-Deck money for less keys than the normal StreamDeck?! This LCD is only a very fancy and less usable alternative to 4 Buttons. It's the same illness you see in most Cars these Days - some Use-Cases just don't fit well with a touchpad.
My Opinion: get a XL first. More Buttons with higher Resolution are more worth it than putting that money in 4 Knobs and 4 "meh" Buttons.

Besides that, even I would have that Plus-Deck: there is exactly zero documentation in the SDK yet. So if and how these Knobs (and the LCD) can be used by Plugins is not clear yet.

Towards the end of the year I'll maybe find the time to include Support for it (under the Assumption Elgato updates the SDK / Documentation till then ...)
If some Plugin-User has that Deck: Drop me a PM if you're like to volunteer for Beta-Testing in that Time-Frame 😉

Hi @Fragtality. I bought a StreamDeck+ and I would like to be your beta tester if you want (via PM or Discord?). Unfortunately, your plugin no longer works. I upgraded the SD software to 6.xxx and since then PilotsDeck has disappeared from the menu and the commands all show a ?. edit: Now it's works. You have to copy your Plugin in the folder C:\Users\YOU\AppData\Roaming\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins (before i had this plugin in C:\Program Files\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins). Now I am ready for tests 😉

Viele Grüße Fill

Edited by FilldasBill

The Installation Location from Day 1 was always:
%appdata%\Elgato\StreamDeck\Plugins
(as documented in the Readme)

%appdata% is a "virtual" path which always points to the Roaming AppData of the current User and is understood by every Program (since it is build into Windows itself).

Elgato did finally update the SDK Documentation: The Changes are unfortunately bigger than thought. The Touch-Buttons are not handled like normal Keys and are also dependent on the Dials.

So I have to get the SD+ to make the necessary changes before I could even push something to test. I'll get in touch with you when I have something try 😉 
But it will take some Weeks!

• Like 1

The SD+ arrived today - and it confirmed me: get a XL first if you don't have one, and only then "waste" money for the Plus.

Yeah sure, the Knobs are great, there is no doubt about that. But it is just not enough for the Price that is called - either it is too few Normal Buttons or too few Rotaries.

The biggest "joke" is: It is so huuuuuuuuge (roughly same Area as a XL and way taller) and still it has only 8 Buttons and 4 Knobs? What was Elgato thinking?!

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 4:31 PM, Fragtality said:

What was Elgato thinking?!

Let's see who's stupid enough to pay that kinda money for this.
I was interested in one until i saw the price. No thank you.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base & hegykc MFG Crosswind modded pedals, TrackIR4, no more VR

13 minutes ago, Lange_666 said:

Let's see who's stupid enough to pay that kinda money for this.
I was interested in one until i saw the price. No thank you.

Me xD

*Version Bump*

Version 0.7.7 Released!

- Toggle Switch Option for Control and XP-Commands added (toggle a Switch with two different Controls/Commands)
- XP-Commands can now be chained
- HVars can now be chained
- Updated Libraries (full SU11 Compatibility)
- Now compiled for .NET 7 (Update your Runtime!)
- Improved Sim-Connection/-State Handling
- Fixed Bug with XP-DataRefs where they would not update when a DataRef is used multiple times on one Profile/Folder
- Fixed Bug with Profile Switching with XP12
- Fixed Bug with Comparisons/Value Matching
- Fixed Bug where Actions would stay in Error State

Hey Fragtality,

I tried to download you Fenix integration today but when I went to install your XL profile it was blank. No buttons populated. I tried your FBW and that worked fine. Is it a problem on my end?

Thanks

Hmm - just downloaded it from GitHub and flightsim.to - it is not blank 😕

Try to open it with 7-zip - is the content there?

Confirm you have StreamDeck Software v6?

Edited by Fragtality

3 hours ago, Fragtality said:

Confirm you have StreamDeck Software v6?

Installing V6 which i must have skipped a while back fixed the issue. Thank you

Ah okay 🙂

That was the main Reason for the Refresh of the Profiles - something is working differently in the StreamDeck Software which made the Text look differently (regardless if the Text is rendered by the Plugin or StreamDeck).

FBW was working for you because I didn't have Time to update the FBW Profile (along with the ToLiss) yet. The FBW also needs some more attention than just updating the Fonts.