Sign in to follow this  
Fragtality

Introducing Pilot's Deck, a StreamDeck Plugin (for MSFS)

On 6/16/2022 at 7:17 PM, Fragtality said:

Hello Captains,

I have programmed a StreamDeck-Plugin because I couldn't find anything which suited my needs. The Result was and is "Pilot's Deck" which has already some happy Users in the Prepar3D Community for some time now.
With MSFS "touched down" on my PC I could test my Plugin with MSFS2020. It was directly working but was missing Hvar Support before. Now that this has changed with Version 0.7.0, I want to make it bit more known 🙂 

It connects via FSUIPC to the Sim, so it support MSFS2020 (FSUIPC7) and Prepar3D v4 & v5 (FSUIPC6) at the same time. Older Simulator-Versions would also be possible with their according FSUIPC Version installed (not tested).
Since it is a "normal Plugin" (does not use the Deck exclusively) you can mix and combine it with every other StreamDeck Plugin at the same time. Therefore it also supports every StreamDeck-Type at the same time (although I have no confirmation on the Mobile/App Variant).
The Plugin Supports multiple ways to trigger Things in the Sim (Lua-Scripts, Controls/Events, Offsets, Lvars, Hvars, FSUIPCs vJoys and vJoyDriver) and can read from any Offset and Lvar Value. So it can offer "dynamic" Buttons on the StreamDeck to represent the State of a Control on the Deck (Text or Graphical Representation). It is designed to be highly customizable and flexible for it to be configured and tweaked the way you want.
The whole Configuration / Mapping is done via the StreamDeck UI (the PropertyInspector of each Action) and the Actions behave like any other "normal Action". You change and arrange everything on the fly.
It is targeted for the "advanced FSUIPC User", so a basic Knowledge on what and how you can do with FSUIPC and how you can interface with an Aircraft is recommended. But not necessary, it's a good Opportunity to learn 😉 

Without further ado, here the link to the Project: https://github.com/Fragtality/PilotsDeck
The Readme is very extensive and should explain all Features and how it is installed and used. Take you're time reading it, I've took my Time to describe everything as detailed as possible 😅
For Full MSFS-Support you need at least Version 0.7.0 and at least FSUIPC 7.3.6 (with WASM) installed! A registered Version of FSUIPC is not strictly necessary, but highly recommended to use the full Potential.

Here an Example Image of what it can look like:
Example01.png?raw=true

But you can give it a complete different "visual Style" through Configuration, Fonts and different Images!

Some pre-build / pre-configured StreamDeck Profiles for some Airplanes are available under Integrations. Even if you don't have an Aircraft (or that Sim) you can still use these as Examples on what and how it can be done!
For MSFS2020 there is currently: Fenix A320, PMDG 737-700 and FBW A32NX (although the FBW API tries to make it unnecessary complex -.-) 

If you have any Problems and Suggestions, feel free to contact me!

Happy Landings! 🙂 

Hello.

Do you have any idea how to toggle the GPS/NAV switch found in many GAs that often syncs with the CDi softkey in the Garmin GNS OR GTNs ?

I'm using a Mk2 and an XL and have Axis and Ohs AND FSUIPC. Can't find anything close.

Thnx.

I have answered in the FlightSimulator Forums: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/introducing-pilots-deck-a-streamdeck-plugin/525266/13

Some Hints:
You don't need to quote unnecessarily things or post in multiple Threads to get my Attention. I watch all the Threads/Platforms where I publish the Plugin and will answer as soon as my (private) Time permits!
And I can only help you with my Plugin - I don't have and never will have anything to do with AAO. If I would have been happy with any StreamDeck Solution I would not have written my own Plugin 😉 

*Version Bump*

The Release with a big Plus 😄

Version 0.7.8:

• Added Support for the SD Plus!
    • The Actions "Display Value with Switch", "COM Radio" and "Display Gauge" are also available on the Encoders
    • You can set separate Commands for Left, Right and TouchTap (no Hold or Long-Touch)
    • The Normal/Long Press (called Main and Second Command now) are mapped to pressing the Dial
    • Besides having more Commands to set, they behave the same as their KeyPad Variant
  • Simple "Value Manipulations" possible on all Variables used as Command
    • Increasing/Decreasing by a defined Step with an optional Limit
    • Sending a Sequence of Values
    • The Calculator Command now understands two Templates for increasing/decreasing L-Vars and triggering K-Vars (SimEvents) without the Need to write full RPN Code. Especially the Template for inc/decreasing is very useful on the Encoders for Left & Right (on L-Var based Aircrafts. Else prefer Controls/K-Vars).
  • "Toggle Switch" now available on all Actions and all non-Variable based Commands (except vJoys)
    • A separate Variable to Monitor can now be configured
    • But still only available for the Main Command
  • Reset Value renamed to "Reset Switch." Available on all Variable-based Commands (except vJoys) and all Actions 
  • A new Option called "Hold Switch" available on all Commands except vJoys. Because it will act like a vJoy! With that Option but you can directly configure the Commands (or Values) for down/pressed and up/unpressed in the StreamDeck UI!
  • The Dynamic Button now allows to define an "Image Map". It works roughly like the Value-to-Text Mappings: You can map Values to Images, as many as you like (so more than 3 States are possible now!)
  • The Format options now also allows to add leading Zeros
  • The Plugin now has an Installer as the recommended Way to install it. It will check the basic Requirements and informs which are missing.
  • The Plugin now uses the WASM Module from Mobi-Flight (Requirement now)
    • Situations where new L-Vars could not be read because FSUIPC ran into its Limit are gone now!
    • That also enables the Plugin to read any A-Var (SimVar) -they can be accessed without the Need for the myOffsets File. And generally accessing them by Name instead of an arbitrary Hex-Number - but you have to get the Units right, though.
    • FSUIPC is still the main Connection Method (and thus Requirement) for anything but X-Plane.
    • The Plugin is just using something else in the Background for LVars, HVars and Calculator. Nothing to reconfigure in your Profiles.
  • The Plugin now includes ImportProfiles Tool to make it a little bit easier to use your own/downloaded Profiles for Switching
    • It asks for the DeckType and imports every Profile from the \Profiles Subfolder to the Plugin manifest
    • The selections are saved on each run. It will only ask for new Profiles (handy on Plugin Updates)
    • The old empty and preconfigured Profiles Whiskey, X-Ray and so on are not needed anymore. They can be deleted if never used.
  • Some Improvements in the Property Inspector
    • Added a small Image Preview in the Property Inspector for every Image Selection
    • Renamed and Reordered some Options so that there is a bit more commonality, e.g. using the Terms Command and Variable throughout 
    • Tried to improve the Appearance a little bit, but my CSS-Skills are just INOP ^^
  • The Default Image drawn when not connected is now closer to the current Configuration so that changes can be better previewed. A Value of 0 is assumed.
  • The Readme was completely overhauled ... which is hopefully an Improvement!
  • Much Rewrites/Refactors in the Background and Bugs I found on the Way ;D
  • Airbus Profiles/Integrations with the new Features: FSLabs, Fenix, ToLiss. The FBW too, within the possibilities given ...
Edited by Fragtality

*Version Bump*

Just a little Maintenance
Name User GIF

Version 0.7.9

• L-Var Names can now contain Colons : and Dots .
    (For Names like A32NX_ENGINE_N1:1 or A320.audio.1.tone)
  • Version-Checks for the Installer improved, i.e. does not fail with StreamDeck SW 6.1
  • Requirements increased: FSUIPC 7.3.19, NET 7.0.4
  • Libraries updated

*Version Bump*

Version 0.7.10

• Fixed: DataRefs containing only 1 Character long Names where not recognized (The first Name in the Path still needs to be at least 2 Character long!)
  • Fixed: Offset-Addresses where sometimes registered as L-Var (and thus a L-Var with that Name was created)
  • Fixed: Links in the Installer pointed to the wrong minimum .NET Version (listed for completeness, was already fixed in the 0.7.9 Binary after the 3rd April)

*Version-Bump*

Versions 0.7.11:

• Installer: added Argument to disable MSFS Checks
  • Installer: "Pump" Check improved ( #33 )
  • Installer: Updated Dependencies to the latest available Versions
  • Fix for Calculator L-Var Template not working with L-Vars ending on L
  • Improved Calculator L-Var Template and Value Manipulator: An additional Reset Value can be configured. When the Variable is equal to the defined Limit it will be set to the Value of Reset
  • Updated to StreamDeck SDK 6.1 (now the new Minimum)
  • Updated Libraries

*Version-Bump*

Version 0.7.12 Released.

Installer:

• Improved: UI does not hang while doing the Installation Steps
  • Added: Automatically installs/updates .NET 7 and MobiFlight WASM Module

Plugin:

• Improved: Continuous Input (e.g. turning an Encoder) does not block the Displays being updated
  • Changed: Poll-Time decreased to 100ms (the Plugin will poll the Sim / update the Displays more often)
  • Libraries Updated

You're the best Fragtality!

Has anyone made a profile for the default MSFS aircraft?

1 hour ago, level7 said:

You're the best Fragtality!

Has anyone made a profile for the default MSFS aircraft?

Thanks!
Not that I'm aware of.