Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Gave AIG Another Try

What's this live feature of AIG you guys are speaking of? Is this something new?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What's this live feature of AIG you guys are speaking of? Is this something new?

It's simply using the built-in real time traffic mode from MSFS (FlightAware based with a certain time delay) but with the AIG models and liveries. The downside is that it takes quite a while for traffic to generate and that for the US regionals, the liveries aren't coded correctly but for a reason.  Take for instance Skywest (SKW), they operate regional routes for United, Alaska, American and Delta all using the SKW identifier. The real time traffic only knows to look for SKW codes and doesn't differentiate between liveries so you might find American liveried Embraers on Delta Connection, routes etc. Definitely not a game stopper for most seeing that at least they are the proper model types. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

3 hours ago, Riah069 said:

Yeah i dont use ground aircraft slider at all, taxes my system. And tbh i have not seen any generics, and as long as i see traffic moving about i'm all good 🙂

If you have ground traffic slider set to zero do you see any planes parked on airports? Or are the airports empty and you just see planes flying?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just now, Alvega said:

If you have ground traffic slider set to zero do you see any planes parked on airports? Or are the airports empty and you just see planes flying?

if you use AIG traffic controller, you will get some traffic parked at gates and some in the air. if you use MSFS live traffic, you start with pretty much nothing, and then over the course of 10 minutes or so, gates will start populating (either with arrivals that have just parked, or departures that have just spawned in the sim)

1 minute ago, molleh said:

if you use AIG traffic controller, you will get some traffic parked at gates and some in the air. if you use MSFS live traffic, you start with pretty much nothing, and then over the course of 10 minutes or so, gates will start populating (either with arrivals that have just parked, or departures that have just spawned in the sim)

I mean, If I don't use TC and I just use the AIG repaints with MSFS live traffic and I have the ground slider set to zero, if I arrive at an airport I don't see any planes there, right? 

And the same if I'm going to take off, no planes on the airport, correct?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

I mean, If I don't use TC and I just use the AIG repaints with MSFS live traffic and I have the ground slider set to zero, if I arrive at an airport I don't see any planes there, right? 

And the same if I'm going to take off, no planes on the airport, correct?

if you use MSFS live traffic, you start with pretty much nothing, and then over the course of 10 minutes or so, gates will start populating (either with arrivals that have just parked, or departures that have just spawned in the sim)

1 minute ago, molleh said:

if you use MSFS live traffic, you start with pretty much nothing, and then over the course of 10 minutes or so, gates will start populating (either with arrivals that have just parked, or departures that have just spawned in the sim)

I always used ground traffic slider at 30 but in some big airports I get lots of stutters and I think it's because there are lots of planes parked. Gonna try with that slider set to zero. Thanks.

• Like 1

Alvega

7 hours ago, Richard Sennett said:

How much has your simulator start time changed since using AIG has to longer loading times now I would assume 

Well it's four minutes start time for MSFS with all existing AIG airlines/flight plans, compared to maybe three (?) without it. Not really a factor for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alvega said:

I always used ground traffic slider at 30 but in some big airports I get lots of stutters and I think it's because there are lots of planes parked. Gonna try with that slider set to zero. Thanks.

You don't need any ground aircraftin MSFS with AIG, it's all generated by AIG. You will have a lot of aircraft on the ground, don't worry.
If you would let MSFS generate ground aircraft they would be random (like Ryanair at KJFK), too. So don't.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

My default start time is roughly 1 minute 35 seconds with no traffic at all. With approx 900 Airlines installed from AIG, the load time has gone to 2 minutes and 8 seconds. It's a drop in the bucket if you ask me considering what it delivers. Almost 6000 liveries using 220 different current and real world AI models (and still growing).

Interesting. With an empty community folder mine takes 3 minutes and that's using add-on linker to speed up the start of MSFS.

The only way I can see this happening, and I have not tested, is to delete all my WU from my content manager.

You must also have a "super" ssd. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

My start time for MSFS isn't terrible even with AIG installed (maybe a minute or two longer than without), but starting up the AIG Traffic Controller takes ages (maybe 7 minutes) -- I've also found that it I try to load it at the same time as MSFS it doesn't like it and nothing shows up. So that in turn adds additional lead time before I'm ready to fly.

Is this just something weird on my setup? I have all the available airlines installed, but even so it seems strange it literally takes longer to load AIGTC than the sim and all its models...

James

20 minutes ago, honanhal said:

My start time for MSFS isn't terrible even with AIG installed (maybe a minute or two longer than without), but starting up the AIG Traffic Controller takes ages (maybe 7 minutes) -- I've also found that it I try to load it at the same time as MSFS it doesn't like it and nothing shows up. So that in turn adds additional lead time before I'm ready to fly.

Is this just something weird on my setup? I have all the available airlines installed, but even so it seems strange it literally takes longer to load AIGTC than the sim and all its models...

James

On all the tests I did, I loaded MSFS.

Loaded the simbrief fp and chose starting point.

After I hit fly now, I started AIG TC and TC loaded fine.

I could see the airplanes in the airport map, and once the flight was fully loaded I could see airplanes flying around the area. This is how it worked before my TC broke once the server came back and TC updated. I hope that new updates do not brake the ap. It's working well right now.

To recap, TC loaded faster than the MSFS flight. The TC does take some time to load, but it's working properly on my current set-up.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

You don't need any ground aircraftin MSFS with AIG, it's all generated by AIG.

That is if I use the traffic generator. As I said, i don't want to use it, I just want to use MSFS live traffic and install some AIG companies that are missing in Aerosoft's Simple Traffic so I don't see random companies or planes with default textures in airports.

Alvega

So it's not necessary to run traffic controller any more and just use the in game LIVE channel setting? And you'll get the live aircraft with proper liveries?  Do I read this correctly?

12 hours ago, Riah069 said: 

Well my experience is to do the manager/controller get my airlines/flight plans and then not run anything just use live traffic in the sim. I see plenty of ai with correct liveries so i am happy.

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

So it's not necessary to run traffic controller any more and just use the in game LIVE channel setting? And you'll get the live aircraft with proper liveries?  Do I read this correctly?

You do.