Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Gave AIG Another Try

2 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

So it's not necessary to run traffic controller any more and just use the in game LIVE channel setting? And you'll get the live aircraft with proper liveries?  Do I read this correctly?

Yes you are reading this correctly. The real time traffic isn't as good imo, but it does work just fine without running AIGTC. If you want to see the actual AIG traffic which will populate way more traffic, then you need to run AIG TC.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

38 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Yes you are reading this correctly. The real time traffic isn't as good imo, but it does work just fine without running AIGTC. If you want to see the actual AIG traffic which will populate way more traffic, then you need to run AIG TC.

I'd like clarification on this because that doesn't seem possible. At least, I'm not aware of modelmatching being a thing for default Asobo live traffic. Are you also using vPilot or something?

17 minutes ago, jstnj said:

I'd like clarification on this because that doesn't seem possible. At least, I'm not aware of modelmatching being a thing for default Asobo live traffic. Are you also using vPilot or something?

No need for vpilot unless you are flying on vatsim. The aircraft added by the AIG AI manager include the proper ICAO codes (except for the US Regionals that I mentioned earlier in the thread) to be utilized by the  MSFS real time traffic. Keep in mind that there will still be some flights (certain biz jets and charter airlines etc ) not included by AIG and those will display most likely by the default hideous A330 hybrid or some other default AI model. 

Actually.....using live traffic but running TC (without  injecting traffic) fixes some bugs with live traffic so its best to run TC, but don't inject.

Thomas Derbyshire

Hmmm...

What AI traffic % are you all using and what's the average FPS hit at large AP's?

Thanks!

Chris Camp

What live setting are you guys talking about ? Can I use the AIG models with MSFS built in live traffic? If so, how? I thought AIG was just for use with Model matching on VATSIM and using the AIG controller. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

What live setting are you guys talking about ? Can I use the AIG models with MSFS built in live traffic? If so, how? I thought AIG was just for use with Model matching on VATSIM and using the AIG controller. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

14 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I would like to know this too. I just want to use the textures and models with MSFS live traffic, without the flightplans. How do I do this? Doesn't the AI Manager auto-install the flightplans? Or can that be disabled?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

You just need to have AIG active in your Community, then the MSFS real traffic will use AIG liveries.

Most of the time loaded liveries will not reflect the correct real one, but it's much better than default MSFS "no brand" liveries.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

15 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Can I use the AIG models with MSFS built in live traffic?

Yes!

Get all your AIG stuff downloaded and installed and just don't fire it up when you go to fly.  Set the sim to live traffic as you would without AIG.   Job done.

Obviously not all paints/models will be perfectly matched, AIG doesn't have every model and paintjob in existence, but it's pretty bloody good.

57 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

unning TC (without  injecting traffic) fixes some bugs with live traffic

Interesting... what bugs does doing it that way fix?

8 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Get all your AIG stuff downloaded and installed and just don't fire it up when you go to fly.

But that way it is going to download and install the flightplans also, or not? Can't I download and install just the models and textures?

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 minutes ago, The Moose said:

Yes!

Get all your AIG stuff downloaded and installed and just don't fire it up when you go to fly.  Set the sim to live traffic as you would without AIG.   Job done.

Obviously not all paints/models will be perfectly matched, AIG doesn't have every model and paintjob in existence, but it's pretty bloody good.

Interesting... what bugs does doing it that way fix?

From their site - Live Traffic Workaround (MSFS) – Alpha India Group (alpha-india.net)

Its worded really badly but this is main bit

What does the Workaround?
It will detect spawned/parking SimObjects by Live AI
It will create a clone SimObject of them shortly before takeoff and activates the flightplan for it (great-circle route)

• Like 1

Thomas Derbyshire

34 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Think this has already been answered, just download flight plans using the AIG Manager which means they should be in your community folder.  Launch sim, set to real time traffic job done.  Additionally start TC but don't inject AIG AI for some workarounds on Asobo AI issues - Live Traffic Workaround (MSFS) – Alpha India Group (alpha-india.net)

Edited by sidfadc

Thomas Derbyshire

I don't think running Traffic Controller without injecting traffic will do anything at all. It's whole purpose is to inject traffic from the AIGFP files.