Sign in to follow this  
AerOdyssey

[Released] TB-30 Epsilon by AzurPoly

Military trainers don't have APs, so I can appreciate that Azurpoly elected to omit one in the TB-30. Having said that having the ability to toggle even a straight-and-level AP (Z) would be welcome on longer flights. But it doesn't detract much from an otherwise pleasant aircraft (a few small issues to be addressed, but these are minor). 

The Bulldog has a really nice flight model (as does the TB). 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, darshonaut said:

Is there a particular reason why your aircraft do not come with an autopilot ?

As this is not used for actualy military flight training but VFR sightseeing in a game, it would be recommended by me, to put in an utopilot.

Flying Iron does it nicely, with the AP in the tablet.

The sim does have severe problems with pausing the game and saving flights, the AI pilot is an word not allowed...so when one needs to take a break for any kind of reason, what to do without autopilot.

Hopefully this and also the Magister get an autopilot update in the future, then they could become interesting to me 👍

It's not my plane but I can tell you they are reading this topic 🙂
In my mind the TB-30 is intended to be a military training aircraft. Using an autopilot doesn't make sense to me.

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

On 6/23/2022 at 1:58 PM, AerOdyssey said:

... but I can tell you they are reading this topic 🙂

In that case: dear Azurpoly, please respond to your support emails. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lupedelupe said:

In that case: dear Azurpoly, please respond to your support emails. 😉

What is your minor issues with the TB-30 ? 

Edited by AerOdyssey

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

R7-3800XT // 32Gb@3200 // B550 TUF// NVIDIA 3090 FE // 1TB 980Pro M.2 // Seasonic GOLD GX-850W // Philips OLED 804 // YOKE Honeycombe + Throttle X52 Pro // Windows 10

New update for the TB-30 ! 

" [TB-30] v1.1.0
Following our successful TB-30 release, we conscientiously worked on solving main issues highlighted by the community via email and on the forums.
This update gathers what we considered the most urgent to fix, and others will follow to enhance our aircraft even further.
Version 1.1.0 will be available in 1-2 weeks, with the following changes:
- Fixed Xbox controller always vibrating
- Correct RPM display on virtual HUD
- Fixed sound issue when canopy is opened
- Fixed standby frequency setting on DME unit
- New menu to set VOR course on G5 HSI
- New menu to set barometric unit on G5 PFD
- Slip indicator and turn rate indicator on G5
- UX improvements on EFB
- Fixed windshield rain effects
- Adjusted exterior lights position
- Display pilot on other seat in interior view
- Performance section in manual
Thank you all for your trust! "
  • Like 1

My best content 👇                

spacer.png                              

If you want to fly your grandfather's jet trainer, Azurpoly Fuega cm170 is 20 Euros on Simmarket, but only 13.4 Euros on Orbx Direct ($14 USD). Designed in 1959 and came into use about 1961.

My favorite Youtube MSFS channel, AvAngel, here showing the later 1980's trainer the TB-30. It does seem sort of odd that France moved over to the newer prop to augment training some of the skills.

• Like 2

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I am very much considering it but there's two issues I have.  There's no AP - even a simple 2 axis would be appreciated for the sim.  And I have a million piston singles.  I'm definitely on the fence though.  Does anyone know how fast it actually goes in ktas?

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

46 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I am very much considering it but there's two issues I have.  There's no AP - even a simple 2 axis would be appreciated for the sim.  And I have a million piston singles.  I'm definitely on the fence though.  Does anyone know how fast it actually goes in ktas?

I only have the Magister, but I see the TB-30 says 190 KTAS CRUISE SPEED in the stats window displayed in the MSFS hangar on an online video.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have the Fouga and really enjoy that one, it's my first (non airliner) jet add-on.  I quite enjoy it, the sound is great but it does have a rather high pitch whistle that engine which can be quite uncomfortable on my ears at times but I guess that's not a plane issue as I assume the sound has been excellently recorded to match the real plane.

I wouldn't mind getting the TB-30 but I do like some longer flights while multitasking and having an AP would be a big plus even if it's a fake one in a tablet indeed, HDG and ALT would suffice so I can just go off hands for a little bit, don't need NAV.  I don't see a negative to having that option.  So yes AP would actually be what would push me over the line to get the TB-30 as well.  

• Like 1

The Fouga may be the best sounding jet engines to my ears. The TB-30 maybe the best sounding combustion engine. (I'm just talking sound here, it's not the best anything else). 

• Like 1

The Fouga in real life has a high pitched screaming jet engine a bit like the A-37 if I recall correctly.  Being many years since I've heard both 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AerOdyssey said:
New update for the TB-30 ! 

" [TB-30] v1.1.0
Following our successful TB-30 release, we conscientiously worked on solving main issues highlighted by the community via email and on the forums.
This update gathers what we considered the most urgent to fix, and others will follow to enhance our aircraft even further.
Version 1.1.0 will be available in 1-2 weeks, with the following changes:
- Fixed Xbox controller always vibrating
- Correct RPM display on virtual HUD
- Fixed sound issue when canopy is opened
- Fixed standby frequency setting on DME unit
- New menu to set VOR course on G5 HSI
- New menu to set barometric unit on G5 PFD
- Slip indicator and turn rate indicator on G5
- UX improvements on EFB
- Fixed windshield rain effects
- Adjusted exterior lights position
- Display pilot on other seat in interior view
- Performance section in manual
Thank you all for your trust! "

No update available for me. EFB says v1.0 is latest version. 🤷‍♂️

57 minutes ago, lupedelupe said:

No update available for me. EFB says v1.0 is latest version. 🤷‍♂️

"Version 1.1.0 will be available in 1-2 weeks"...

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

25 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

"Version 1.1.0 will be available in 1-2 weeks"...

Ah! Thanks for pointing that out. 😂

• Like 2

It almost seems to me those 2 planes have higher fidelity (hi fi) sounds compared to the other planes in the sim. High pitched whine screaming in the jet and a low frequency grumble growling in the Fouga. I have no clue what the real planes sounded like. 

• Like 2