Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

PMDG Update June 17th

2 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

LNAV V2 is almost ready, and will release with the -600 and be rolled into the existing -700 at the same time or shortly thereafter. Though he did not give a firm date, I suspect it will probably be 3 or 4 weeks.

Finally some great news regarding this. And not long to go for the 800.

3 hours ago, mvdb said:

Whats wrong with the “old” LNAV?

Among other things, I understand it doesn't do RF legs and DME arcs correctly and instead approximates them using a series of "synthesized" fixes that aren't in the actual procedure. 

3 hours ago, Greggy_D said:

So much for biweekly updates (patches). 

If RSR gives you a timeline on anything, the best advice is to just ignore it and be surprised when, and even if, it happens.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

9 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Why there is no developer to develop Boeing aircrafts beside PMDG?

Really hope it will change soon, even if it's starting with older plane like the 707, 727 or older version of the 737, 747. Just to start some competition.

4 minutes ago, bendead said:

Really hope it will change soon

Yea, I thought the other day, "wouldn't it be great if Fenix decided to take the Prosim 738 and develop it out to complement its A320."

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Dan Scott

48 minutes ago, nicboyGS said:

Why there is no developer to develop Boeing aircrafts beside PMDG?

There is the BlueBird Sim + JustFlight collaboration 757 under development.
QualityWings is working on the 787 for MSFS too. They've gone dark as their initial release estimate (Q2 2021) was wildly inaccurate.

Now, they may not be as detailed as PMDG's products, we'll have to find out nearer their respective launches - I'm happy to wait for non-PMDG alternatives.

Edited by F737MAX
More info

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, Kyuss said:

...and in every thread they are even mentioned in at Avsim.

By the same people every time......

Glad to see the update coming, although have very few issue with it in it's current state. Last night flew LPPT to EGPF to EDDH without any issues whatsoever (other than the internet dying for 10 minutes - thanks Sky!)....

G

• Like 3

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

50 minutes ago, bendead said:

Really hope it will change soon, even if it's starting with older plane like the 707, 727 or older version of the 737, 747. Just to start some competition.

I hope so too, it's about time fresh blood is injected into the wolrd of Boeing aircrafts, and the "great recycling" comes to an end. 

• Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

If RSR gives you a timeline on anything, the best advice is to just ignore it and be surprised when, and even if, it happens.

He gave an assurance over at PMDG that once the LNAV problem for the 737 is fixed for MSFS they will do the same for P3D. I’ll be setting a reminder for early August to check on progress. He did seem genuine on delivering.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I’m anxious for the efb. I was never an efb kind of person but after using it in the “other” airliner, I’m missing it in the 737.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

2 hours ago, Kyuss said:

...and in every thread they are even mentioned in at Avsim.

So its fine to criticize MS/Asobo on a daily basis and some can't criticize PMDG if they are not happy with their current business model, Really? I have loved PMDG in the past and will probably suck it up and buy the 777 but i'm not touching any of their other products.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Kyuss said:

Ok thanks, I'll sleep better tonight knowing you're flight sim purchasing strategy.

Happy sleeping.

Edited by jbdbow1970

19 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

So its fine to criticize MS/Asobo on a daily basis and some can't criticize PMDG if they are not happy with their current business model, Really? I have loved PMDG in the past and will probably suck it up and buy the 777 but i'm not touching any of their other products.

Who said it's fine to criticize MS/Asobo on a daily basis? By the way, criticism in a fair and constructive manner is always called for, however some seem to have lost track of what that means and what's just bashing willy-nilly just for the sake of it.

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

This is a fantastic resource for flight simulator information and assistance. A really friendly community and a real antidote to the toxicity of Avsim. 

Did you just refer to Reddit and mention friendly community in the same comment? 😉

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

5 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Who said it's fine to criticize MS/Asobo on a daily basis? By the way, criticism in a fair and constructive manner is always called for, however some seem to have lost track of what that means and what's just bashing willy-nilly just for the sake of it.

No comment, not going to start no drama here, carry on.

• Upvote 1