Sign in to follow this  
JRBarrett

PMDG Update June 17th

13 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

No comment, not going to start no drama here, carry on.

That's not drama, just a fair reply to what you posted.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

This is a fantastic resource for flight simulator information and assistance. A really friendly community and a real antidote to the toxicity of Avsim. 

Not all is green on that side either...

Uten-navn.png

• Upvote 2

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

4 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

For the first time he didn't complain about Asobo 😂

I hope he fixes that soon.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

And as usual PMDG are way behind their schedule, mostly because of deficiencies as a developer (honestly admitted by RSR himself this time, which I appreciate). I need to get my hopes down to see the 777 in 2022, I guess. And my beloved 747... oh love when will I see you again?!

9 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

And as usual PMDG are way behind their schedule, mostly because of deficiencies as a developer (honestly admitted by RSR himself this time, which I appreciate). I need to get my hopes down to see the 777 in 2022, I guess. And my beloved 747... oh love when will I see you again?!

The next two years I assume.. ( for the 777 and 747 )

cheers 😉 

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I don’t understand the ridiculous constant pitchforking. The 737 is arguably the best it’s ever been. if you dont like PMDG nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy their product. 

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, Azapata87 said:

don’t understand the ridiculous constant pitchforking. The 737 is arguably the best it’s ever been

I don't understand it either. I have just purchased the B737, so please tell me what is wrong with it ?

Thanks

17 hours ago, UltimateAntic said:

Meanwhile PMDG is getting absolutely flamed in /r/flightsim

It is fun to watch to be honest. I don't agree with all the points but still

Victor Roos

1 hour ago, Azapata87 said:

The 737 is arguably the best it’s ever been. 

1. No flawless simbrief integration (check out the superb 787 Heavy Division mod to see what a flawless simbrief integration looks like.
2. No proper cabin modeled in the BBJ (seems to still be part of the external model).
3. Substandard texture work - move your outside camera to the wheel whell and behold the low-rez "jpegs"
3a. Compare and contrast the texture work of the Fenix to that of the 737 (for example cabin, galley, etc.)
4. No EFB

Points 1-4 are pretty much default in the base simulator and/or the various freeware mods

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

I don't understand it either. I have just purchased the B737, so please tell me what is wrong with it ?

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with it, just needs the EFB and some refinement which is coming,just a bit slower than we would like,now if you want to have fun get your self the Hjet, wow amazing fun

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

45 minutes ago, Beagle12 said:

The 737 is pretty good already. It does need some improvements but PMDG will have to deliver on that promise if they want to sell more variants.

• Upvote 1

Intel Core i5-12600k, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, 64 Gigs.

I just don't understand the apparent obsession with Simbrief and EFBs that are nothing more than convenient utilities. You'd think they were as vital as a pair of wings to succesful flight from the frothing on here. I've managed nearly 18 years on Vatsim in PMDG 737s without either utility but now suddenly anything which doesn't have both gets a good kicking. I don't get it #justsayin .

• Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

16 minutes ago, BillC said:

I just don't understand the apparent obsession with Simbrief and EFBs that are nothing more than convenient utilities. You'd think they were as vital as a pair of wings to succesful flight from the frothing on here. I've managed nearly 18 years on Vatsim in PMDG 737s without either utility but now suddenly anything which doesn't have both gets a good kicking. I don't get it #justsayin .

So how exactly did you calculate your takeoff performance? With performance charts and a pencil?
I agree that anything else is basically "bonus" and "quality of life" (which DOES matter for a hobby, mind you), but unless you are using a (payware) performance tool like Topcat a missing takeoff perf calc is a glaring issue in a flight sim.
Also there's a reason there are EFBs in real aircraft, and I doubt airlines pay those for entertainment only. It's quite the opposite, they enhance situational awareness and reduce the workload for the pilots, both is extremely important for a "sucessful flight" (safe + efficient + on time).

• Upvote 1

For airliners, Simbrief is the best "freeware" dispatch service for simmers since slice bread. 😀

As for the PMDG 737, Ricardo is spot on. I do trust that PMDG will improve it over time and the few flaws don't make it an enjoyable airliner.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

So how exactly did you calculate your takeoff performance? With performance charts and a pencil?

The FMC does it in case of the 737. I generally agree with you though.

• Like 1

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉