Sign in to follow this  
NismoRR

Any news on FS Traffic from Just Flight?

I google this every few weeks and never come up with any new info besides the initial announcement in December (looking for a 2022 Q1 release🙄) and the March announcement of different models in the package. A few weeks back, here on Avsim, a few replies in a thread mentioned good progress but not much more. So, any news on this thing or is it on the back burner?

This may be what you refer to already but the only recent statement is that it is still under development with a more official update from March here:

https://www.justflight.com/in-development/fs-traffic-microsoft-flight-simulator

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Hello everyone,

Just to introduce myself, my name’s John and I'm part of the development team at Just Flight, and I'm currently working on FS Traffic.

Whilst all has been quiet, I can confirm that  development of FS Traffic is progressing well. Over the past few months we have been working with a team of artists who have been creating over 700 liveries across 43 models, comprising of the various real world aircraft types/engine. Recently we made the decision to add the 747-400 to the fleet. Here’s a preview of her still waiting to be painted.

52188561645_c85f1ecb39_k.jpg

To address some of the questions and concerns posted this forum and elsewhere; like any other developer we are at the mercy of the simulator when it comes to limitations but we will work with Asobo to iron these out over time. FS Traffic won’t replace any live traffic but we will be including flight plans for both pre and post pandemic years, along with tools so that you can manage flight plans and aircraft to your hearts content.  Let me allay any fears about experiences with much older traffic expansions; FS Traffic is a completely new product with brand new models and code. It's being developed by our in-house team so you can expect the same high level of support as with any of our aircraft products.

I'll bring you more info soon and will regularly be dipping into the forums to answer any questions and discuss any feedback you have. In the meantime here are some previews of the modelling and livery work. 

52188330659_c59c8fbd38_k.jpg

52188330579_e9ebbfc13e_k.jpg

52188077876_5c92469cb8_k.jpg

Edited by John JF
Fixed links
  • Like 23
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, John JF said:

Hello everyone,

Just to introduce myself, my name’s John and I'm part of the development team at Just Flight, and I'm currently working on FS Traffic.

Whilst all has been quiet, I can confirm that  development of FS Traffic is progressing well. Over the past few months we have been working with a team of artists who have been creating over 700 liveries across 43 models, comprising of the various real world aircraft types/engine. Recently we made the decision to add the 747-400 to the fleet. Here’s a preview of her still waiting to be painted.

https://jf-community-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/a7ac9653-d0e5-4d8b-af27-9ab4191e5555.jpg

To address some of the questions and concerns posted this forum and elsewhere; like any other developer we are at the mercy of the simulator when it comes to limitations but we will work with Asobo to iron these out over time. FS Traffic won’t replace any live traffic but we will be including flight plans for both pre and post pandemic years, along with tools so that you can manage flight plans and aircraft to your hearts content.  Let me allay any fears about experiences with much older traffic expansions; FS Traffic is a completely new product with brand new models and code. It's being developed by our in-house team so you can expect the same high level of support as with any of our aircraft products.

I'll bring you more info soon and will regularly be dipping into the forums to answer any questions and discuss any feedback you have. In the meantime here are some previews of the modelling and livery work. 

https://jf-community-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/e3c88870-5a31-4c7f-80a4-1e940146646f.jpg

https://jf-community-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/711ebf41-f07d-492f-a53c-890986f174a1.jpg

https://jf-community-uploads.s3.amazonaws.com/d85d1897-4ba2-4d82-b785-4e35071c4c8c.jpg

Links are broken.

Thanks for the update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, CFIJose said:

Links are broken.

Thanks for the update.

Fixing them as we speak 🙂 

• Like 1

looking great ....thank you!!😀👍

Regards

Paul EGCC

I'm very much looking forward to this! While I appreciate there are other ways of getting real world traffic and their liveries in MSFS, I can't be bothered with the faff of installing hundreds of separate liveries which it seems necessary to do with the alternatives, so this looks great! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

Are there any GA aircraft?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Great, can't wait 🤗 - Thanks for the update much appreciated.

Hope for a good framerate and smothness..

Nice looking models, the 747-400 looks awesome.

cheers 😉

• Like 3

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

This looks great. I remember a long time back getting Flight1 Ultimate Traffic for FSX. A few questions:

-How does it compare to AIG including FPS hit?
-Will it have the arrivals and departures popup?
-Will the aircraft sounds be true?
-Do the jetways get activated?
-Is it integrated into ATC?

1 minute ago, mikeklimek said:

Echoing the GA aircraft question as well...

Without GA, not very immersive at all. Like highway traffic with only trucks. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Without GA, not very immersive at all. Like highway traffic with only trucks. 

I expect the release to mimic Traffic Global in X-Plane. Initially no GA planes but they will be added sometime later. (And I'm hoping it will be the miracle of coding that Traffic Global was for X-Plane where there is barely any fps hit compared to the horrendous travesty of performance loss with the default AI planes where if you enjoy a slide show enabling a dozen default AI planes will make your day!😀.)

Edited by jarmstro

41 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I expect the release to mimic Traffic Global in X-Plane. Initially no GA planes but they will be added sometime later. (And I'm hoping it will be the miracle of coding that Traffic Global was for X-Plane where there is barely any fps hit compared to the horrendous travesty of performance loss with the default AI planes where if you enjoy a slide show enabling a dozen default AI planes will make your day!😀.)

I will look at it sometime later then.   😉

There's an addon on Flightsim.to that is just GA traffic to hold you over.