Sign in to follow this  
NismoRR

Any news on FS Traffic from Just Flight?

6 hours ago, AnkH said:

Native glTF models you mean...

No, the FAIB models in AIG are still MDLX. That's why they mentioned all those aircraft types and FAIB in the second line.

I think they're trying to say that the FAIB models still being in MDLX is a reason to switch to FS Traffic.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 1

Thanks @Tuskin38, seems I got this one wrong. 

What I wonder: will FS Traffic overcome the totally bugged AI system of MSFS resulting in AI taking off from the totally wrong runway, spawning on the altitude of the players plane and all this annyoing stuff? I know AIG has some workarounds in the pipeline to address those things, but it will take some time. If FS Traffic offers AI traffic not limited by the shortcomings of the MSFS AI engine, it might be a day one purchase for me...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

2 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Thanks @Tuskin38, seems I got this one wrong. 

What I wonder: will FS Traffic overcome the totally bugged AI system of MSFS resulting in AI taking off from the totally wrong runway, spawning on the altitude of the players plane and all this annyoing stuff? I know AIG has some workarounds in the pipeline to address those things, but it will take some time. If FS Traffic offers AI traffic not limited by the shortcomings of the MSFS AI engine, it might be a day one purchase for me...

I sincerely hope ABSO does some work on this or I’m afraid there’s only so much that an add on can address regarding this longstanding issue 

Chris Camp

13 minutes ago, AnkH said:

If FS Traffic offers AI traffic not limited by the shortcomings of the MSFS AI engine, it might be a day one purchase for me

On 7/4/2022 at 6:43 PM, John JF said:

the AI traffic uses the default AI system so will work with ATC

The earlier comment from the developer regarding AI traffic using the default ATC system seems to imply that maybe we shouldn't expect the shortcomings of the default engine to be fixed by FS Traffic.

Edited by JacquesBrel

Hopefully this not takes to long anymore to hit the market because that`s a mutch needed AddOn - IMO !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

55 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Hopefully this not takes to long anymore to hit the market because that`s a mutch needed AddOn - IMO !

cheers 😉

Maybe august?

• Like 1

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

For my taste a traffic addon without GA is no traffic addon so I will wait for now...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, adino said:

For my taste a traffic addon without GA is no traffic addon so I will wait for now...

never mind enjoy your wait 

If you're interested in live traffic, both commercial as well as GA, there's always RealTraffic coupled with PSXT.  It's what I use.  And in addition, I have LiveATC.com which allows me to listen to Ground, Tower, Approach/Departure, ATIS, CTAF, Center, etc, in real time as I watch them taxi and takeoff, (and maneuver to avoid them) at hundreds of airports around the world. The skies get pretty full.  

RealTraffic is a great service. But it's not free. But for me, it's worth it. Like everything else, it's a personal choice, I suppose.

3 hours ago, pannellg said:

If you're interested in live traffic, both commercial as well as GA, there's always RealTraffic coupled with PSXT.  It's what I use.  And in addition, I have LiveATC.com which allows me to listen to Ground, Tower, Approach/Departure, ATIS, CTAF, Center, etc, in real time as I watch them taxi and takeoff, (and maneuver to avoid them) at hundreds of airports around the world. The skies get pretty full.  

RealTraffic is a great service. But it's not free. But for me, it's worth it. Like everything else, it's a personal choice, I suppose.

How do you taxi with live traffic all around? Don’t they taxi through you? Not to mention they will get on the runway while you’re on final.

Edited by snwboardn

Tyson Rose

4 hours ago, steve 86 said:

never mind enjoy your wait 

Well for the moment I'm using AIG with the "ai_traffic_ga_fixed" and I'm very pleased! What I meant is that I will wait until there is a commercial addon that includes GA not only tubeliners...

11 hours ago, Alaska738 said:

Maybe august?

Maybe some time after the offiziell SU10 release, seems to me they will wait for this to see what is goeing on..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

6 hours ago, snwboardn said:

How do you taxi with live traffic all around? Don’t they taxi through you? Not to mention they will get on the runway while you’re on final.

There’s a setting in PSXT that removes an aircraft if you pop through them (or consequently pop through you). They’ll respawn eventually in their actual position a bit later if their position changes from yours

So if you consider being lined up for takeoff with other planes, you’re technically in the same spot as an airplane that’s hidden, and you just taxi in path as if you were the aircraft in line. Everything dances around you, which feels immersive enough

• Like 1

8 hours ago, adino said:

Well for the moment I'm using AIG with the "ai_traffic_ga_fixed" and I'm very pleased! What I meant is that I will wait until there is a commercial addon that includes GA not only tubeliners...

Same here. This combination is doing the job for me right now. I still long for a solution that gives us airliners, GA, helicopters, and military as we had in the olden days for FSX.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

GA traffic was added to the XP11 version after it was released. I hope that the same is considered for this version.

I've purchased every other version of FS Traffic and I'm still looking forward to how this one matures.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.