Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

TRAFFIC IN SIGHT from SOUTH OAK CO : a new gem!

New @Simmarket today.

What a smart idea!!
Skies are finally alive, with a bunch of helicopters, gliders and other flying objects crossing your route, regardless of your AI traffic settings, and without noticeable impact on performances.
A must-have for VFR flights in Northeast USA.
I did like the "Birds" series from the same dev, I really love this one!
Congrats to him for this lovely addon 🙂

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 13

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Oh that’s a cool idea!  Love their birds addon, will have to give this one a go.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I really wish they would release this and the bird ones in larger geographic areas (i.e.bundles).

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Interesting software...publisher's notes say these objects will fly from the surface up to 6,000 AGL. My first thought -- will the larger traffic (eg. helicopters) appear on my TCAS as a TA/RA .  This could be a deal breaker or deal maker for me.

WAT1460.png

I didn't get what trajectory these traffic have? Are they flying patterns or circuits ? Are they programmed to fly from whatever A to whatever B regardless of weather... etc ? Is it predefined traffics?

Vincent B.

Check my MSFS sceneries : https://flightsim.to/profile/vbazillio

21 hours ago, vcarlo said:

Interesting software...publisher's notes say these objects will fly from the surface up to 6,000 AGL. My first thought -- will the larger traffic (eg. helicopters) appear on my TCAS as a TA/RA .  This could be a deal breaker or deal maker for me.

No, helis won't appear on your TCAS.
The software uses its own logics to display traffic regardless of existing AI traffic.
It surely adds immersion, but it has no interaction with AI traffic.

19 hours ago, vbazillio said:

I didn't get what trajectory these traffic have? Are they flying patterns or circuits ? Are they programmed to fly from whatever A to whatever B regardless of weather... etc ? Is it predefined traffics?

Trajectory seems to be predefined.

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Good find David.

I think this is better than just birds.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, David Roch said:

Trajectory seems to be predefined.

I wonder if this means they stay away from places that VFR traffic shouldn’t be, airport approaches, congested airspace etc?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

There was a cool plugin for XP11 that would have random airplanes show up around your plane. I can't remember the name of it. Where ever you were flying they would show up in something like a 3-5 mile radius.

So the stuff that would show up were actual planes, not balloons or helicopters. You would see them fly across your nose or off to the side. I really liked it as it made the airways seem populated and made you watch full for other aircraft. For kicks I would just follow them around to see where they were going.

Pure fantasy but still a fun extension.

There was another XP function in an early scenery editor that would allow you to add planes of your choosing doing circuits around an airport you were designing. I remember adding a few to some add-on airports and it was cool to see planes circling the airport. Made the sky's come alive. Sort of made you wait your turn in the pattern.  Again not too realistic but better than the AI in MSFS,

Is that what traffic in sight does as well? Can you control what objects you see?

• Like 1

just got this but how should it be installed - i seemed to get 3 options (including to go into the asobo folder) - but 

picked the 3rd one (which appears to have put the folder into my "community" folder) is this correct and what is the best way to check if its working?

7 hours ago, mac44 said:

just got this but how should it be installed - i seemed to get 3 options (including to go into the asobo folder) - but 

picked the 3rd one (which appears to have put the folder into my "community" folder) is this correct and what is the best way to check if its working?

It's the best way to be able to control it. Especially if you are using MSFS-Add-ons Linker. 

Edited by jimcarrel

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 hours ago, jimcarrel said:

It's the best way to be able to control it. Especially if you are using MSFS-Add-ons Linker. 

thanks for the reply....

so despite the other 2 options putting the folder in the main community folder (via add on linker) will work ok?

whats a good location (airfield) - to test that its working ok?