Sign in to follow this  
Airbus A340 Pilot

Stuttering in MSFS every few minutes

Hey guys, 

unfortunately I´m facing a MSFS problem regarding stuttering. I don´t have any clue where this might come from and why it happens. Every few minutes I get short stutters, video- and tonewise, they last for like one to two seconds and then they´re gone. Might happen more often, might happen less often, it´s not that there is a specific pattern. 

https://www.veed.io/view/4bc8f54d-702f-49b4-bee8-9016471a9d55?sharingWidget=true

There´s a short video I made for showcasing the problem. The glider I´m using is a mod, however the problem is also there with default aircraft. I´m using the Google Maps mod, however the problem is not related to this one as I also tried fully without it. My BIOS is fully up to date. My PC specs should be good enough to have the sim run smootly at all times. 

RTX3090 GPU,

64GB of RAM,

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X as CPU

Any idea? Would be more than happy if you could help me to find the solution for this problem. Motion blur is switched off btw. 

Regards,

Daniel

• Like 1

Daniel Reber

Try Vsync in MSFS option 30fps or 60fps.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

43 minutes ago, filou said:

Try Vsync in MSFS option 30fps or 60fps.

I´ve had it on, set to 30 FPS, but the stutters were there. In another video I saw somebody switch it off, so that´s what I just did and I´ll find out in a sec if it has helped or not. 

EDIT: Was flying around a bit now, actually no stutters, but I will keep watching out for them, maybe I was just lucky this time. 

Edited by Airbus A340 Pilot
  • Like 1

Daniel Reber

My  Stuttering is so bad that I have gone back to X-Plane 11. The Stuttering occurs every 2 to 5 seconds and the simulator stops the starts and repeats this again in a few seconds. This has only happened after WU 10. I've tried all graphic settings from Low to Ultra to with no difference. I've also tried all of the mentioned fixes to no avail. Vsync is off

AMD Ryzen 3700 GPU,

64GB of RAM,

AMD Radeon RX 5700X as CPU.

Any suggestions to a fix will be appreciated.

Dissy

• Like 1

If you can walk away it's a good landing

25 minutes ago, dissy said:

My  Stuttering is so bad that I have gone back to X-Plane 11. The Stuttering occurs every 2 to 5 seconds and the simulator stops the starts and repeats this again in a few seconds. This has only happened after WU 10. I've tried all graphic settings from Low to Ultra to with no difference. I've also tried all of the mentioned fixes to no avail. Vsync is off

AMD Ryzen 3700 GPU,

64GB of RAM,

AMD Radeon RX 5700X as CPU.

Any suggestions to a fix will be appreciated.

Dissy

Had the same issue, and wondering if its a sever issue. Happens only after take off. Very frustrating.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

One long shot might be to try turning off multithreading. In my BIOS it's called SMT . In other BIOS I think it is called HTT (hyper threading technology). I turned it off and so far it helps, but may just be coincidence. 

BIOS has a search window to help find that switch. I reset SMT from 'auto' to 'off'. 

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

21 minutes ago, Fielder said:

One long shot might be to try turning off multithreading. In my BIOS it's called SMT . In other BIOS I think it is called HTT (hyper threading technology). I turned it off and so far it helps, but may just be coincidence. 

BIOS has a search window to help find that switch. I reset SMT from 'auto' to 'off'. 

Have had the issue with HT off. I am doing a flight now and its fine with HT on. My sim is connected to a European server, and with no option to change server. I'm in Oceania, so the sever gets busy in the evening my time, and that's when this random stuttering occurs. I am only guessing though.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

20 hours ago, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Every few minutes I get short stutters

Are you using FSUIPC and the Auto Save feature that comes with it? 

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

I think we have 2 different issues here, one is consistent stuttering, and the other is sound crackles with bad stuttering with 2 4 second pauses as per @dissy post.

I have flown for 10 hours today, multiple flights, smooth as butter.  Yesterday, was a disaster. Which confirms to me that is a server issue.

It is easy to blame our systems or install, but in this instance, it is external beyond our control.

• Upvote 1

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I tried almost everything that is already mentioned above for about 2 weeks but nothing solved it, finally I decided to completely reset my pc (first time since 6 years) and reinstall and that solved it. Never figured out what really was the problem but that extreme solution worked.

This is what it looked like for me, extremely similar to yours problem except for the audio stutter

42 minutes ago, ZKOKQ said:

I think we have 2 different issues here, one is consistent stuttering, and the other is sound crackles with bad stuttering with 2 4 second pauses as per @dissy post.

I have flown for 10 hours today, multiple flights, smooth as butter.  Yesterday, was a disaster. Which confirms to me that is a server issue.

It is easy to blame our systems or install, but in this instance, it is external beyond our control.

I have rather come to the same conclusion.  Sometimes it's fine and sometimes it's not so good.  Bad times are typically peak times which could suggest throttling by our own ISPs, but since this is only apparent in MSFS, I have concluded that their servers are not good enough to meet peak demand.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

For me it appears that more stutters came up with SU8/SU9. Before I had a mostly stutter-free sim with LOD 400. Now even with LOD 200 I have more stutters than before.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 6/19/2022 at 7:09 AM, troyboy66 said:

Are you using FSUIPC and the Auto Save feature that comes with it? 

So I wasn´t using FSUPIC until I found that the auto save feature of it might be a problem. So I installed it but couldn´t find the option to switch it off where I was able to find it on screenshots of others. Strange but that´s what it is. FSUIPC doesn´t seem to be the issue however as I said, I´ve had the stutters before even using it...

Currently in a sim session again, stutters are still there, just to update everybody. I hoped they might be gone, but they aren´t...

Daniel Reber

On 6/19/2022 at 10:28 AM, Alfrez said:

I had the same problem a couple of weeks ago. I tried almost everything that is already mentioned above for about 2 weeks but nothing solved it, finally I decided to completely reset my pc (first time since 6 years) and reinstall and that solved it. Never figured out what really was the problem but that extreme solution worked.

This is what it looked like for me, extremely similar to yours problem except for the audio stutter

I´d be happy if that was an option for fixing my problem... but I installed MSFS on a completely fresh Windows install.... so unfortunately that desn´t seem to keep me from facing that issue... 

Thanks for your post though. Appreciate it. 

Daniel Reber