Sign in to follow this  
Airbus A340 Pilot

Stuttering in MSFS every few minutes

Try unplugging your USB devices one by one and see if one of the devices is the culprit.  I too had long pauses after one of the updates, and found out my USB headset once unplugged the problem went away. 

1 hour ago, Noncon said:

Try unplugging your USB devices one by one and see if one of the devices is the culprit.  I too had long pauses after one of the updates, and found out my USB headset once unplugged the problem went away. 

Noted. Will do so asap. But before that, I´ll have to go flying irl again. Strange that MSFS is so much fun that you´d sometimes like to stay away from the real thing 😄

• Like 2

Daniel Reber

On 6/18/2022 at 4:02 AM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

Hey guys, 

unfortunately I´m facing a MSFS problem regarding stuttering. I don´t have any clue where this might come from and why it happens. Every few minutes I get short stutters, video- and tonewise, they last for like one to two seconds and then they´re gone. Might happen more often, might happen less often, it´s not that there is a specific pattern. 

https://www.veed.io/view/4bc8f54d-702f-49b4-bee8-9016471a9d55?sharingWidget=true

There´s a short video I made for showcasing the problem. The glider I´m using is a mod, however the problem is also there with default aircraft. I´m using the Google Maps mod, however the problem is not related to this one as I also tried fully without it. My BIOS is fully up to date. My PC specs should be good enough to have the sim run smootly at all times. 

RTX3090 GPU,

64GB of RAM,

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X as CPU

Any idea? Would be more than happy if you could help me to find the solution for this problem. Motion blur is switched off btw. 

Regards,

Daniel

I'm also recently seeing these random stutters every few seconds, especially when panning the camera around. Haven't noticed this problem before. I started noticing this after WU10 update.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm also recently seeing these random stutters every few seconds, especially when panning the camera around. Haven't noticed this problem before. I started noticing this after WU10 update.

I had it before, but it seems to be more now.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

The solution may lie with DX12. I have my fingers and toes crossed. In XP11, it was cured 100% with Vulkan. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The solution may lie with DX12. I have my fingers and toes crossed. In XP11, it was cured 100% with Vulkan. 

XP11 was a bit of a stutterfest but Vulkan really helped smooth things about. I'm hoping for something similar with DLSS. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just now, Cpt_Piett said:

XP11 was a bit of a stutterfest but Vulkan really helped smooth things about. I'm hoping for something similar with DLSS. 

It was open GL causing it I believe, similar in age to DX11. I believe Vulkan is their equivalent of DX12, In layman’s terms .

I turned my VPN off and had no stutters.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

On 6/20/2022 at 9:55 AM, Airbus A340 Pilot said:

So I wasn´t using FSUPIC until I found that the auto save feature of it might be a problem. So I installed it but couldn´t find the option to switch it off where I was able to find it on screenshots of others. Strange but that´s what it is. FSUIPC doesn´t seem to be the issue however as I said, I´ve had the stutters before even using it...

Currently in a sim session again, stutters are still there, just to update everybody. I hoped they might be gone, but they aren´t...

Are you using any addon mesh?   I find that recent MSFS updates have introduced visual and audio stutters over Vancouver Island, when I have addon mesh active.  This used to work just fine, but not any more..  Only fix is to disable the mesh and live with the borked coast lines (again)..

Bert

On 6/23/2022 at 7:47 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Are you using any addon mesh?   I find that recent MSFS updates have introduced visual and audio stutters over Vancouver Island, when I have addon mesh active.  This used to work just fine, but not any more..  Only fix is to disable the mesh and live with the borked coast lines (again)..

No nothing regarding ground apart from airports and the Google Maps mod, but as I said, the problem already existed without the mod. 

Daniel Reber

I was having a few stutters and loss of control of steering during taxi and takeoff.  Also jerky when panning around.  I have just installed an external Samsung 1Tb SSD drive and put my Community folder and Official folder on it.  My C  drive was full.

Samsung formats it in exFAT so it can be used for Macs and Windows.  Doesn't work for MSFS 2020  Won't read all of the commands and instructions. I'm no geek but Umberto at fsdreamteam pointed this out to me, because I couldn't get their KCLT scenery to load. MSFS 2020 needs NTFS.

I deleted everything from the drive and re-formated it with the NTFS format.  All my problems went away.

I say all this to say this.  If you have an external drive check the properties and see what the format is.  Could be your problem.

Roy

For some weird reason, I started getting micro stutters a few weeks ago, never had any issues before.
I have tried tons of ideas which have been thrown in by the community, but no luck.

Today I decided to see if I could find a pattern, and I have indeed found something:
I have been taxiing around LFSB to observe the stuttering and I set my timer. Interestingly, the stutters happen exactly every 1m and about 12-13 seconds. So something is going on every 1m and 12 seconds. Just can’t figure out what it is. Any ideas? Its definately not any auto save function (i.e. FSUIPC) as I had that disabled. Even tried it with FSUIPC disabled completely, but no change.

Just tried this at a default airport (Madrid) and exactly the same, stutters every 1m 12 seconds.

Edited by Brittanix

31 minutes ago, Brittanix said:

For some weird reason, I started getting micro stutters a few weeks ago, never had any issues before.
I have tried tons of ideas which have been thrown in by the community, but no luck.

Today I decided to see if I could find a pattern, and I have indeed found something:
I have been taxiing around LFSB to observe the stuttering and I set my timer. Interestingly, the stutters happen exactly every 1m and about 12-13 seconds. So something is going on every 1m and 12 seconds. Just can’t figure out what it is. Any ideas? Its definately not any auto save function (i.e. FSUIPC) as I had that disabled. Even tried it with FSUIPC disabled completely, but no change.

Just tried this at a default airport (Madrid) and exactly the same, stutters every 1m 12 seconds.

Can you look at your Processes in Task manager and see if you can spot anything there?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310